Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

In terms of where Felix would fit or his role in the team, I see him as pretty much the same as Nkunku. A Swiss Army knife of a player who can play about 4 different positions. LW, RW, #10, or emergency false 9. Just like Christo. That’s exactly what the English journalists were briefed months ago that the club wanted in their transfer targets. Versatile players who can be moved around to different positions with comfort.

As everyone has said, though, we NEED to sell some of the current lot for this move to make sense.

12 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Presumably there would be a headache resolution clause in his contract guaranteeing the manager free pain relief medication and regular lie downs in a darkened room. Where is he going to play? When's he going to play?

We all know that if Felix joins he will look great, but what would he actually achieve? Same as usual? Same as makes Atleti keen to part with him, and prevents Barcelona having any interest in making him a priority?

Tbf, Barca wanted to keep him but couldn't keep him due to La Liga FFP. It isn't quite true that he wasn't wanted by them. 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

In terms of where Felix would fit or his role in the team, I see him as pretty much the same as Nkunku. A Swiss Army knife of a player who can play about 4 different positions. LW, RW, #10, or emergency false 9. Just like Christo. That’s exactly what the English journalists were briefed months ago that the club wanted in their transfer targets. Versatile players who can be moved around to different positions with comfort.

As everyone has said, though, we NEED to sell some of the current lot for this move to make sense.

Yeah, we need to shift 8-10 players. Not entirely sure it is possible. Probably two for AM alone. 

7 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Tbf, Barca wanted to keep him but couldn't keep him due to La Liga FFP. It isn't quite true that he wasn't wanted by them. 

I didn't say they didn't want him. Based on my own prejudice, I find it hard to believe that they did, but, in any event, they certainly didn't want him enough to make him a priority signing. Which is why I phrased my comment as I did.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

In: Joao Felix, Osimhen

Out: Samu, Lukaku, Mudryk and/or Sterling (possibly Noni)

Desperation time from Atleti/Napoli.  Could wind up getting both players at nearly 2 for 1 price from where original asks started.  And Lukaku finally off the books.  Seems like a net win

49 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

He may have settled down better at Arsenal, knowing that his mate Zinchenko was already there and there would be less pressure on him as a backup winger for Saka/Martinelli. 

Price tag is still the price tag and the pressure that comes with it. He was too young and too raw. Arsenal really fooled us with this one.

4 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

Price tag is still the price tag and the pressure that comes with it. He was too young and too raw. Arsenal really fooled us with this one.

Only saving Grace is that we didn’t put him on silly wages like £200k+ a week so he should have plenty of clubs that could take him in if we want to get rid. The talent is still there with Mudryk. He just needs to go somewhere where he’s 100% comfortable and confident and under a coach that gives him full belief. Needs a smaller profile club where there isn’t gigantic pressure on him every time he takes the pitch like here.

Strasbourg are set to sign Chelsea's Portuguese winger Diego Moreira. If it's not known if it will be a loan or permanent move, it needs to be clarified.

(@CyrilOlives & @lequipe)

Love, love, love Felix but you do have to wonder where he would fit in with having Nkunku here already who is a very similar player with a better end product. Still welcoming him with open arms though. 

Maresca is unlikely to have any say in transfers he is  just coach to training these players . Clownlake make their schemes as it is advantageous for them with the selection if it were otherwise, there would be no talk of how Gallagher does not fit into his style, given that they have not even worked a day together.

Agree with what seems largely the general consensus on here for Felix.

Clearly an extremely talented player, and clearly someone with enormous potential that COULD someday be unlocked.

But I'm really struggling with where he fits in. He's somebody that I think has just found himself in the wrong era, where a lot of these flamboyant, creative second strikers find themselves marginalised in more rigid structures in today's game. Without comparing the two, I've always wondered how a player like Zola would fare in today's game, and could see a player like him stuck in a similar situation where a lot of the top teams play in a way that doesn't play to such a player's strengths, or a player of that ilk isn't prioritised.

He's probably a good option from the bench when chasing games and he's perhaps afforded more freedom in such situations. But would he want a bigger role, almost certainly.

I can't lie, he is the kind of player that is intriguing. But a lot of players in that criteria, will end up going club to club and find themselves flattering to deceive throughout their careers. 

Having said that, the news that he's willing to take a large pay cut to fit into the structure here to come back is an encouraging sign. If somebody can unlock that potential it could be an absolute masterstroke. I just don't see it unfortunately.

As a side note, not fussed about the Samu deal breaking down. I really like what I've seen of Guiu in the pre season, and whilst he might not be currently ready, it seems unnecessary to buy another player of a similar age in his position. If we buy a striker, it has to be one ready now. Unless Maresca has grand designs of playing Felix there in a false nine system?!

This Gallagher situation is so weird. He took and passed his medical, he has apparently been at Atleti training, the Atleti Twitter account posted media with him taking a tour of their stadium and facilities. It seemed as though it was a 100% done deal only missing the official announcement by the two clubs.

But now the deal is up in the air just because of the Omorodion situation? How can they afford to spend €95m on Alvarez with no real issue but can only sign Gallagher if a sale is made?

I see Felix as the Alvarez transfer we weren't able to pull off to be honest. I get he wants fluid players but even against Inter in the second half balls were going into where strikers would be or should be. If it's a steal of a deal then fair, take a chance, same as the Victor deal, get some large players off our wages whilst we are at it. 

Just dislike the fact that players always seem to come in so late preseason and it puts them on the backfoot immediately. Moises suffered so bad from this. 

I think Nahuel Molina could be a very interesting signing. He is very offensive and goes up and down all the game. He could replace Reece James while he is injured.

I'm getting this feeling some deals are only being done to accommodate the merry-go-round. Signing Felix permanently (someone Atletico has been unable to shift for years) when we have Nkunku & Palmer makes no football sense. As much as people disliked the possible Samu transfer, it may have made sense in the long run. This screams bust already.

However, if any deal needs to be made that sees Sterling leave for good, I'm all for it. 

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Love, love, love Felix but you do have to wonder where he would fit in with having Nkunku here already who is a very similar player with a better end product. Still welcoming him with open arms though. 

So you think Nkunku will play 3 games in a row this season? 🤣

1 hour ago, DDA said:

The link up of those two on the left side of the attack or when Palmer tucks in could be very intriguing 

1 hour ago, milka said:

Maresca is unlikely to have any say in transfers he is  just coach to training these players . Clownlake make their schemes as it is advantageous for them with the selection if it were otherwise, there would be no talk of how Gallagher does not fit into his style, given that they have not even worked a day together.

Why are you so mad? Because they bought a great footballer like Felix and sold an anti-footballer like Gallagher? 

People like you destroy my club and make it mediocre