Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 minutes ago, Wise Old Man said:

He’s been playing as an 8 ? As in a centre midfielder ?

As in part of a box midfield, not in the pivot but one of the two midfielders behind the striker. I dunno whether to call it a double 10 or call them left and right 8s... It is not exactly a traditional system where the numbers make complete sense.

Edited by Mhsc

33 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Newcastle in talks with Palace for Marc Guehi

Thought they were in PSR trouble? Wonder if a monster sale of Isak or Bruno G is on the way if they’re going for Guehi who Palace apparently want £60m for.

5 hours ago, Special Juan said:

We are defo fucked at the back if we start selecting Tosin week in and week out

With R.James and Colwill either side of him in a back 3.. he might just survive a season.

5 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Don't need evidence, Connor doesn't come with a huge transfer fee, there is no need to give him a lengthy contract to help them out with FFP regulations. Everybody knows Connor is a bad fit and probably so do the club, so a one 1+1 gives them a season to see if he works in this new system and if he does they have a year to offer him a better deal, if they offer him 5 years and he can't do it, then you have a player sitting on your bench collecting as much as your best paid midfielders and not playing.. all depends on the way your willing to look at it, I don't look at everything the club is doing as a way to destroy the club so when I see stuff like this I don't automatically go in to conspiracy mode.

A) Noted. 

B) Erm, I do not. I was just pointing out that the transfer policy of the club has not improved the level of the squad. That is a pretty factual statement supported by our output on the pitch. 

2 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

a) If Gallagher was that good, the club may have offered him a proper long term deal, clearly he's not part of the long term plans in midfield but the club also don't want to see a home grown asset walk out on a free, so they offered a 3 year deal.   "favour with the fanbase"....as if Clearlake care about that.  They are just making business decisions, Villa apparently offered close to 50 million for Gallagher and Emery would have utilised him quite well but Gallagher rejected the offer.  Even if Gallagher was to run down his contract and sit on the bench for a whole season, what top tier options does he actually have?   It's either Villa, Newcastle or Liverpool if Slot wants a runner and I highly doubt he would join Spurs considering how much he's spoken about his connection to Chelsea. 

b) I agree with this but Tosin is a squad player that came on a free, fulfils the HG criteria as well.  The bigger problem is, what do you do with Disasi/Badiashile as both look below-par.  

The club changed the the price increases for season tickets last minute, owing to fear of backlash according to Law. There were very strong rumours that the initial increase was going to be 10%+ then got cut back. 

Erm, you go on an list top tier options, do you not?  He obviously isn't going to City, Real or Barca, but hardly any of our players would. 

According to @SamiMokbel81_DM in 2023, Chelsea old regime inserted a 20% sell on clause on Marc Guehi. Newcastle are interested and Palace value him at £60m. In that case, Chelsea would receive £12m.

44 minutes ago, mkh said:

According to @SamiMokbel81_DM in 2023, Chelsea old regime inserted a 20% sell on clause on Marc Guehi. Newcastle are interested and Palace value him at £60m. In that case, Chelsea would receive £12m.

If Palace want £60m their negotiating position is likely to be that this is the amount they want to net from the transfer. This would push the total transfer fee up to £75. Fine by me if  Palace can pull it off.

57 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

If this is true do people think we should and will Marc want to come back here?

I don't think so, I like Marc but we are already stacked there and he is similar tier to players we already have imo

9 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Like connor or not, this is a boy who's been here all his days, who loves the club and is being treated like absolute shit. Fans like you do not represent how most match going fans feel and never will. It's a disgrace the boys being treated like this but at least he'll go somewhere where he'll maybe be appreciated and the keyboard warriors will be happy. Clubs a joke

He is refusing contract extensions from the club and refusing contract offers from other clubs, currently negotiating with Atletico. 

Isn't that normal practice to remove these undecided players/players negotiating with other clubs away from the first team?

44 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He is refusing contract extensions from the club and refusing contract offers from other clubs, currently negotiating with Atletico. 

Isn't that normal practice to remove these undecided players/players negotiating with other clubs away from the first team?

My take is that Connor deserves something better than normal treatment. His parents trusted his footballing future to Chelsea when he was eight years old. Since then his attachment to the club has only deepened. It is not a crime to have your heart set on playing for Chelsea. He knows it's a business, and that with the size of contract available to him it has to be. The club can make it plain to him that he has only a limited role to play here in future, without displaying public signs of disrespect.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

52 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Like connor or not, this is a boy who's been here all his days, who loves the club and is being treated like absolute shit. Fans like you do not represent how most match going fans feel and never will. It's a disgrace the boys being treated like this but at least he'll go somewhere where he'll maybe be appreciated and the keyboard warriors will be happy. Clubs a joke

Just have a look at our recent outgoings or rumoured ones. They are dying to get rid of our home grown talents ahead of the flops who are our books.

I honestly can't think of one redeeming quality about this board.