Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

They've been striking gold with their recent investments. If they manage to find someone who can fill the void of Kroos/Modric, it will be hard to stop them from adding more CL trophies.

Yeah with Mbappe and Endrik looking more and more like the read deal, their attack will be tough to contain.
I can actually see some of their players wanting to leave because of the competition in the future--let's hope.

Not an easy duo to replace either; those maestro types are difficult to get a hold of. 🙂 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

In order to play this front 4 we’d have to play the Enzo/Caicedo midfield again which we’ve seen isn’t the best defensively.

I think Maresca will want to play 3 in midfield with a proper DM.

I also think that. We should definitely try Nkunku, Palmer and Olise attack. It could work. Typical number 9 is not necessary just for the sake of it. Last couple of years I saw Bayern winning the league with Chupo Moting or no striker but when added one of the best in the world they failed. City after losing Aguero ended up only with Jesus who was not even a regular and often played RW and they still won PL. Real Madrid just won everything with some sort of 442 formation where Jude is behind 2 wingers most of the games. 

6 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

GK

James---Tosin---Colwil 

Caicedo-Cucurella

Olise--Palmer---Enzo----Nkunku

Jackson

I feel like this is a fairly responsible and very high energy defensive unit too. I’ve heard good things about Olise and his defensive work rate. 

I really think Lavia will be an important piece for us. As a midfield buster that breaks the lines a bit. 

2 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Yeah with Mbappe and Endrik looking more and more like the read deal, their attack will be tough to contain.
I can actually see some of their players wanting to leave because of the competition in the future--let's hope.

Not an easy duo to replace either; those maestro types are difficult to get a hold of. 🙂 

I feel like, despite Rodrygo saying he wants to stay, he'll see his playing time reduced drastically. I'd imagine he will have no other option but to move on should he want regular playing time.

Not at all. There's a reason Madrid are still clinging to Modric despite his advancing years.

10 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Olise must happen at all costs otherwise we will end up with Summerville.

two entirely different postions

Summerville is a right footed LWer who, after his first 3 games (goalless), played ONCE on the RW in his next 46 games, and in that game he switched over to the LW for bigh chunks, he plays almost exclusively on the left

Olise is a left footer who played every game on the right, none on the left

I would be fine with just sticking with what we got in the wide positions,letting them grow etc...but Olise is a special talent.just hope if we get him he can put those niggling injuries behind him,no question he's been good enough for a while.

Whatever happens, I hope we don't get rid of Madueke. Although he needs to improve on consistency, there was several games last season where you can see he will grow into a really good player and was a complete menace for opposition. He offers something different and should be kept in squad regardless of Olise's possible arrival.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

Whatever happens, I hope we don't get rid of Madueke. Although he needs to improve on consistency, there was several games last season where you can see he will grow into a really good player and was a complete menace for opposition. He offers something different and should be kept in squad regardless of Olise's possible arrival.

What I like about Noni that he is always tries his best to make waves. Not hiding from the ball or making safety passes, always going forward to shoot. Not an outstanding player and can be quite wasteful, but tcan offer a lot coming from the bench, unless Mudryk.