Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Posted (edited)

Like Sterling, Son is an attacking player who relies on pace above all else, and is now past 30.
Yes, Sterling isn't quite 30 yet, but that loss of pace can happen well before that.

Edited by robsblubot

2 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

Hear me out Son for LW - Experienced can score will have a year left on his contract in June. Will likely never happen but that could fix a lot of our issues on that side.

Son trying to hang onto each of our players all the time, super annoying to watch this, crybaby, having issues with pressure, please no. 

3 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

Hear me out Son for LW - Experienced can score will have a year left on his contract in June. Will likely never happen but that could fix a lot of our issues on that side.

There are better, younger, cheaper solutions for the left hand side than turning to Son I feel. Leao, Kvicha, Nico, Oyarzabal, Mitoma. 

In any case, it is not a priority area. First priority is LB, CB, ST.

I'm happy to roll with Jackson, Nkunku, Mudryk for the left hand side (assuming Sterling sold and new striker signed).

1 hour ago, Strike said:

There are better, younger, cheaper solutions for the left hand side than turning to Son I feel. Leao, Kvicha, Nico, Oyarzabal, Mitoma. 

In any case, it is not a priority area. First priority is LB, CB, ST.

I'm happy to roll with Jackson, Nkunku, Mudryk for the left hand side (assuming Sterling sold and new striker signed).

Mitoma isn't that much younger and failed to recapture last season's form. Leao is the standout option, but there's no way he could afford him unless he was our sole attacking signing & RM/City did their business elsewhere.

26 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Mitoma isn't that much younger and failed to recapture last season's form. Leao is the standout option, but there's no way he could afford him unless he was our sole attacking signing & RM/City did their business elsewhere.

Yeah but plenty of options is all.

I like what I'm hearing from the club. CB, LB, ST

4 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Leao will be crazy expensive and a bit of a gamble. My shout for LW is Pedro Goncalves from Sporting. I see a bit of Bernardo Silva in him, but on the opposite side of the pitch. I don't quite understand the LB and CB links. We need to offload players in order to sign someone. Our defence lacks consistency and protection. Settled midfield can help with the latter and fit Colwill and Fofana with the former. 

Best case for this summer is finding solutions for our unwanted players(e.g. Lukaku, Kepa, young players on loan) and buying 2-3 experienced players ready to lead. We managed to do that in 2014 with Luis, Fabregas and Costa. We can have the same impact with Goncalves, Osimhen and a veteran midfielder to hold as a squad option. 

I really believe Colwill can have similar season to Saliba 2022/23 and build from there. There is a lot of optimism around the squad, but we can not afford to sign the wrong players, as we MUST be comfortably top 4 next season. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Strike said:

Personally, I would rather a GK than a LB as Cucu has been decent enough this season - for me it is better to try and get a another decent season out of him then we may be able to claw some money back. 

As for CB, I am going to stick my neck out and say I want Silva. I know he is still super young, but there is something about him - although I do worry a little about him aerially in the PL. 

As for CF, I am not sure who is out there. VO seems like a receipe for disaster and that Sporting kid needs to show a lot more than one season, imo, to start being valued at £100m. My ideal CF to buy would be Alverez from City but that is never happening. If we try and stay in the league and go budget, my choice would be Callum Wilson, but I am not massive fan of his - I just think he would be the best bang for buck. 

Edited by King Kante

4 hours ago, Strike said:

Dream summer would be

Antonio Silva

Gutierrez

Wirtz/Musiala

Posted (edited)

880eaf68368da65a6a1dd5601ccacfdf.png

https://football-observatory.com/WeeklyPost464

The 464th CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post presents the outfield footballers whose performances have had the greatest impact during the 2023/24 season in 54 leagues around the world. The impact score was calculated by taking into account players’ performances in six areas of the game, domestic league minutes and results. The highest value for any position was recorded for Manchester City's Spaniard midfielder Rodri.

Another midfielder, Switzerland's Granit Xhaka of German champions Bayer Leverkusen, comes second. For the other positions, the highest impact scores were measured for Portuguese Rúben Dias among centre backs, his teammate Kyle Walker among full backs, Germany’s Florian Wirtz among attacking midfielders, England's Bukayo Saka among wingers, as well as Argentina’s Lautaro Martínez among centre forwards.

Outside the big-5, the highest impact values per position were measured for Olivier Boscagli of Dutch champions PSV Eindhoven for centre backs, Saud Abdulhamid of the Saudi side Al-Hilal for full backs, his teammate Sergej Milinković-Savić for defensive or central midfielders, Rafa Silva of Benfica for attacking midfielders, Johan Bakayoko of PSV for wingers, as well as Viktor Gyökeres of Sporting CP for strikers..

Impact Score ranking, by league

Domestic league matches, season 2023/24 until 14/05/2024.

d0fd4cd46bd3827769fb006613dae4cc.pngcb5e6986cfd0c81ab42042f3aab4755b.pngf93bc61c612946649e78c84a2045f975.pngb480c2e7a43d36d7d41b872b2a6420ba.png573ff9fc9433b22843bba48efba84309.png
Edited by Vesper

11 hours ago, Strike said:

I haven't heard of any real takers for Chilwell or Cucu just yet, so I'd be making sure players are going out the door before bloating the squad more than it already is. Also, I feel like a reliable goalscoring winger is a must, as it's highly unlikely Palmer will match his current numbers next season.

7 hours ago, lluubbeenn said:

Leao will be crazy expensive and a bit of a gamble. My shout for LW is Pedro Goncalves from Sporting. I see a bit of Bernardo Silva in him, but on the opposite side of the pitch. I don't quite understand the LB and CB links. We need to offload players in order to sign someone. Our defence lacks consistency and protection. Settled midfield can help with the latter and fit Colwill and Fofana with the former. 

Best case for this summer is finding solutions for our unwanted players(e.g. Lukaku, Kepa, young players on loan) and buying 2-3 experienced players ready to lead. We managed to do that in 2014 with Luis, Fabregas and Costa. We can have the same impact with Goncalves, Osimhen and a veteran midfielder to hold as a squad option. 

I really believe Colwill can have similar season to Saliba 2022/23 and build from there. There is a lot of optimism around the squad, but we can not afford to sign the wrong players, as we MUST be comfortably top 4 next season. 

I think almost every player is a gamble when you are bringing players to a new league. Leao is a calculated risk and is someone who gives me Mbappe vibes to a lesser extent, of course. Buying attacking players from the Portuguese league is something I'd rather stay clear about, which is why I'm not crazy about links to Gyökeres despite his form. 

I totally agree with the rest.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Would be good money if we get 50m for him.

I would keep Conor as he shown he definitely has uses and defensively helps unlock Caicedo as seen in recent weeks. However I’ve just seen that sterling wants to leave for regular playing time

Edited by bluesman2610