Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Ugh, Drogba is a magnet to dud footballers, first Lukaku now this.

Plot twist - Drogba is warning Osimhen to not join Chelsea 

12 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Can't believe he will end up at Brentford.

Another youngster who wouldn’t have made a difference here, or at least more than likely.

Brentford is a very good move for him, particularly for where he is at in his career and what they do in terms of developing players. The chances of playing without huge added pressure as well, where he can make mistakes is better. 

I am assuming your reaction means your upset that we haven’t or won’t sign him?

Atletico Madrid

• Official, confirmed. Atlético Madrid sign Arthur Vermeeren from Royal Antwerp. Contract until June 2030. Final fee: €18m guaranteed, €2m in easy add-ons, €3m difficult add-ons. Royal Antwerp will have a 10% sell-on clause.

• 8c5ad800-149f-45ad-89eb-d67e21ab4d51_778

• Atlético Madrid, now likely to give the green light to the Moise Kean loan deal already agreed with Juventus for €500k fee. There’s optimism to proceed and get the deal done in the next days.

Chelsea preparing a bid for Blackburn's Adam Wharton. 19 year old Blackburn mid. Palace had a 18m bid rejected for him recently. Looks good on YouTube but wondering what's the point of stockpiling. There's already Santos, Casadei, Ugo, Lavia 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Chelsea preparing a bid for Blackburn's Adam Wharton. 19 year old Blackburn mid. Palace had a 18m bid rejected for him recently. Looks good on YouTube but wondering what's the point of stockpiling. There's already Santos, Casadei, Ugo, Lavia 

Hope we get him , looks excellent.  Guess Casadei plays further forward and ugo is nowhere near good enough, low potential 

Ornstein saying Chelsea might still do the Jhon Duran deal but won't be signing Benzema. Connor, Trevor and Broja can all leave. Wolves and Fulham have interest in Broja but nothing concrete. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Santos and Ugo are no different to Madueke, they all need solid loan spells to be able to develop. 

Guessing the club brought back Casadei early due to the potential sale of Gallagher. 

New striker name linked with Chelsea

Victor Osimhen has recently been open about his plans to leave Napoli at the end of the season, but it’s still too early to know for sure if he’ll be moving to Chelsea or any other particular club.

It’s also not yet clear what Napoli’s plans are to replace Osimhen. It’s important to remember that Napoli will have a new manager in the summer and maybe also a new director of football. Before deciding who’s going to be the new striker you always need to speak to the coach - this is a normal process, so it will take time. Nothing is happening now.

83704f8f-f43b-4802-88f8-d2953f3f2066_159

One striker making the headlines at the moment is Jonathan David - he’s another name being linked with Chelsea after some reports in the French press yesterday, but I personally have got no update at all on Jonathan David as of now - no movement, no negotiations.

I’ve always rated David, I think he’s a very good and smart option for clubs to consider on the market, but at the moment the situation is quiet because he’s an expensive striker. In the summer, I expect Chelsea will go for different names.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Unreliable source

I am NOT saying that Osimhen is a lock to come here, but Sacha Tavolieri is not some ultra dodgy tier 4 rumour monger

He was the one who first broke the Lavia agrees to Chels move:

Belgian journalist Sacha Tavolieri, who has reported on the Romeo Lavia saga since the very first rumours, now insists that the 19-year-old has decided to accept a Chelsea offer.

"Final announcement for Romeo Lavia incoming. Just waiting for a final confirmation but the player arrived in London this week-end & enjoyed a private moment with friends in order to celebrate his move," Tavolieri tweeted.

"Player’s side now being formal on the fact he´s off to Chelsea. This transfer is crazy so more details will follow."

If true, this would be a huge blow to Liverpool, who are set to lose both Moises Caicedo and Lavia transfer races to Chelsea.

The Blues will pay Southampton around £55m for the 19-year-old midfielder.

More on Tribuna.com:
https://tribuna.com/en/news/liverpoolfc-2023-08-14-lavia-agrees-Chelsea-move-reliability-4-stars/

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

I wasn't super keen on the Osimhen rumours or potential of coming here, but then I watched this video and kind of changed my mind... He is relentless and keeps pressing... insane speed. Has a lot of asshole to his playstyle like Diego Costa which I like. Just goes forward at his own beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxr8TTrD6Ko&t=210s