Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I believe in our midfielder we are okey, because I believe enzo, lavia anda caicedo will be world class or close to that one day, but in our attack our downgrade is clearly obvious  

our attack it is much weaker in comparasion to what we had in the last few years

even in our defense, nobody is close to rudiger and christensen, tbh but in this area there is hope that our young players will developtment and turn be a very good players

Not under the radar yet, but 18yo Nathan Fernandes from Gremio (Brazil) looks like a real promising winger/attacker. He's been getting minutes, but yesterday started the game and played until the 88'. He will be in all the big clubs' radar very soon IMO.
No, he's no Endrik -- who now has now just started showing what he's capable of -- but looks like a top prospect still.

Chelsea

• Si Phillips gets inside the mind of Chelsea manager, Mauricio Pochettino.

• Former Atlético Madrid and Chelsea left back Filipe Luis has decided to retire from professional football. His final game will be on Sunday as he will say goodbye to Flamengo fans.

• Chelsea are not going to bid for Corinthians ace Gabriel Moscardo and are not interested in entering the race with other clubs.

• Some great news for Chelsea as Roméo Lavia was involved in training ahead of Brighton game. Pochettino, the coaching staff and everyone at the club are convinced about his potential to be a key player.

https://thedailybriefing.io/p/christian-falks-fact-files-liverpool-69d

snip

Florian Wirtz is currently the hottest stock on the German market. At FC Bayern they were very annoyed that he had extended his contract until 2027. FC Bayern really wants the player, but the new contract makes him very expensive. Leverkusen doesn't want to sell him for less than €100m-€120m. This is also difficult for FC Bayern. A good player would have to be sold for this. If FC Bayern does not agree on a new contract with Leroy Sané, that would open a door for Wirtz in Munich. The player would like to take the next step in the Bundesliga. This means for the Premier League clubs that he is probably not ready for them yet. Bayern would like to bring him in later so that he would be cheaper then. But if another club becomes interested in Wirtz, Bayern would have to act.

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

https://thedailybriefing.io/p/christian-falks-fact-files-liverpool-69d

snip

Florian Wirtz is currently the hottest stock on the German market. At FC Bayern they were very annoyed that he had extended his contract until 2027. FC Bayern really wants the player, but the new contract makes him very expensive. Leverkusen doesn't want to sell him for less than €100m-€120m. This is also difficult for FC Bayern. A good player would have to be sold for this. If FC Bayern does not agree on a new contract with Leroy Sané, that would open a door for Wirtz in Munich. The player would like to take the next step in the Bundesliga. This means for the Premier League clubs that he is probably not ready for them yet. Bayern would like to bring him in later so that he would be cheaper then. But if another club becomes interested in Wirtz, Bayern would have to act.

Hope we're in the running for him.

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

Never heard of him.

I've watched every minute of pro football he has played, and a little at youth level. The very day he was allowed to play for Copenhagen (16 in Denmark) he was playing regular football for the team. He's an exceptional talent, great technique and shot. But also not the speed you would ideally want. That is his major downside imo, he's not slow, but he sure isn't quick either. 

In my opinion, he's not ready for a club like Chelsea at all yet, not even with Chelsea's current status. But he's also only just turned 18. So if this is a case of signing him and loaning him out for a season or two, I could very much see it being a success.  He doesn't seem to let the occasion get to him, ever (like rabona penalty to get through to CL group stages...), and he's extremely ambitious.

Not long ago he scored the decider against United, but also came in for the biggest derby in Denmark, and scored two goals to decide it in Copenhagen favour (was 1-0 before he came in, ended up 1-2).

Edited by calculatingInfinity

40 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Oh pls no. He is basically Disasi 2.0. strong but ponderous. He is not slow per se but needs ages to get going, not very agile. If true this would however mean we target experienced players which I appreciate. I just wish we would do so in midfield as well 

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Oh pls no. He is basically Disasi 2.0. strong but ponderous. He is not slow per se but needs ages to get going, not very agile. If true this would however mean we target experienced players which I appreciate. I just wish we would do so in midfield as well 

Tah would be a disaster signing

2 hours ago, chef said:

Just yikes, thats a crazy drop, not sure we need any additional players with motivation/attitude/immaturity issues to be frank but a solid talent. Could see him going to a lesser club and doing quite well, perhaps a Fulham.

On 07/12/2023 at 02:38, OneMoSalah said:

Honestly if he is a Lawrence and Winstanley choice may as well expect him to be a dud.

Hopefully any signings made in January will be Pochettino led. 

I have watched him for years.

A HUGE NO NO NO.

Plus, he turns 29yo next season.

WTF

If we buy Cherki, Tah, and other middling turds, I am probably OUT.

Boehly can fuck off.

The club will be destroyed if we continue on the arc we are. 

And the charges from the FA will come soon.

We already have far too many players I do not like, and did not like before they came.

We start adding more in, I will eventually fucking snap.

Disasterclass scouting team for closing in on ten years.

Horrific shit buy after horrific shit buy, so many of them extraordinarily expensive.

It is just madness.

I am utterly ashamed to say even I got drawn into the hype and had dreams of a new paradigm, when in reality it was an incoming nightmare.