Enzo/caicedo/Gallagher/lavia/Lesley/Carney

Nkunku/sterling/madueke/mudryk/palmer

Jackson/Broja/Washington

Who am I missing?

Sarr will train with u21s

Washington will be with u21s as well i guess

Nkunku and fofana shouldnt be counted

So we have a 25 man squad

Had we sold/loaned cucu and chalobah i would have been extremely happy with a trimmed 23 man squad

Here we go! ... It is finally over. Thanks f***ing god! 

Now that we have assembled a group of potentials, atleast can start assessing whose who ... these season would be majorly a filtration process.

Next season I'm assuming we will have more outgoings than incoming 🙂

Time to built a team now!!! 

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Bad situation having Maatsen on a contract that's less than a year. Could lose him for free

Here's an article from Ornstein for the Athletic when Maatsen first joined Burnley on loan last year:

https://theathletic.com/4165877/2022/07/13/burnley-agree-deal-to-sign-ian-maatsen-on-season-long-loan-from-Chelsea/?amp=1

It says the club hold an option to extend Maatsen till 2025 so no panic there.

Edited by Jype

15 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Maatsen is clearly better already and CHOSE to stay, while Cucu was ready to leave

Well, can't really bash the clearly unwanted player on high and long contract for being okay with leaving, instead of kicking a fuss and running his contract down 👀

20 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Solid 8 for transfer window for me. Highlights are getting rid of the players that didn't want to be here and slashing our current wage bill.

The highlight for me is the sheer number of high wage older players we've replaced with younger versions on lower wages who are better than those they replaced. But there have been loads of highlights tbh, finding Nicolas Jackson for a bargain price for example.

We did fumble Ugarte (which probably would have led to us not having to panic buy Caicedo for £115m) and I think we pretty clearly ignored the main thing Poch was asking for (experienced players to mix in with the youth, especially in midfield). We are still in a slightly dubious situation up front if NJ gets injured, and we didn't get rid of all of the players on the deals we wanted but of course that relies on other clubs.

Still a solid 8/10 tbh super optimistic about what these directors + Poch will achieve after several years of squad building, finally feels like we might be on a long term path to reach City's level and displace them if they fumble.

Keeping Maatsen and Washington seems weird.

I mean we don’t have to sell Maatsen but I doubt he will be anything more than a utility player here. I think if we got the loan to Burnley with 31.5m obligation for him, that would of been outstanding work from us.

Would imagine that by January the likes of him, Washington and Ugochuwku will be loaned out (in Maatsens case - sold on unless we have an injury crisis or he all of a sudden turns into a world class player). 

11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Keeping Maatsen and Washington seems weird.

I mean we don’t have to sell Maatsen but I doubt he will be anything more than a utility player here. I think if we got the loan to Burnley with 31.5m obligation for him, that would of been outstanding work from us.

Would imagine that by January the likes of him, Washington and Ugochuwku will be loaned out (in Maatsens case - sold on unless we have an injury crisis or he all of a sudden turns into a world class player). 

Maatsen refused to leave though. There was a rumour that we were trying last minute to get him to West Ham but didn't have time (perhaps he wants to stay in London or be at a club definitely staying in PL). But it seems likely he simply wants to leave on a free at the end of his contract and pocket the £31.5m via getting very good contract terms in his next gig.

I did not realise Maatsen is not actually really an academy player but a Dutch player that grew up at Feyenoord we picked up for free as an 18 year old and put on a cheap contract. I really doubt he feels any loyalty to us and if we want to keep him we would have to offer him serious wages given he knows he can get plenty if he waits as the savings on transfer fee for a new club will go to him in large part via sign on fee and higher wages.

IDK what is going on with Washington, feels like a real waste for him that we're keeping him around, feels like we just had 1 too many situations to sort out...

4 hours ago, Jype said:

Here's an article from Ornstein for the Athletic when Maatsen first joined Burnley on loan last year:

https://theathletic.com/4165877/2022/07/13/burnley-agree-deal-to-sign-ian-maatsen-on-season-long-loan-from-Chelsea/?amp=1

It says the club hold an option to extend Maatsen till 2025 so no panic there.

Ah that’s good

Poch must juggle three LBs till January. Maybe Maatsen can be placeholder for Nkunku till he’s back

2 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Solid 8 for transfer window for me. Highlights are getting rid of the players that didn't want to be here and slashing our current wage bill.

I would give it a 9

Had we sold/loaned cucu and chalobah and extended maatsen then it would be a 10