Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

15 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Barca wanted loan without option so that's what probably made deal impossible for us and Spurs.

Also Palmer deal clearly was not something planned long time literally day or two before we went for ESR. 

Could be all media smoke. Journos always told us we want a mysterious guy while throwing many names around.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Citeh fans are raging

so there's that, lololol

He is an academy player, maybe much more sentimental. 

I guess we will see, works out amazing deal. If it doesn't 45m for a player that hardly played at the senior level it will look shocking. It is good business for City imo, regardless of the outcome tbh unless he becomes a world class player. 

PSG have reached an agreement with Lyon for forward Bradley Barcola, according to RMC Sport.

The report claims the fee is €45m plus bonuses.

The France U21 international is expected to sign a five-year deal.

via@Sky Sports

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we do not know that at all, TBH

There are tweets saying it happened so fast because Joe Shields has been working on it for some time. No specific time table, but I bet Joe has been discussing it for it to happen that fast.

11 hours ago, Gundalf said:

Well we are living in a world where Forest rejects a £43m bid for Brennan Johnson. 

Also one where Maddison went for 40m, Kudus went for 37m. We have clearly overpaid.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Also one where Maddison went for 40m, Kudus went for 37m. We have clearly overpaid.

Maddison is decent, Spurs got a very good deal with him, ill give you that. 

Kudus though... he has been majorly overrated by many in here. Palmers ceiling is far higher in my opinion..

Edited by DDA

Not a Cole palmer expert, have only seen small samples of his games

But from what I've seen I'm impressed a huge plus also is he can play on the left wing dont always need to cut in from the right side with his strong foot.

I approve think this is a smart deal from the club I see many upsides. And as of right now I pick him ahead of mudryk he's better I believe.

30 minutes ago, DDA said:

Maddison is decent, Spurs got a very good deal with him, ill give you that. 

Kudus though... he has been majorly overrated by many in here. Palmers ceiling is far higher in my opinion..

It is still a gamble when Palmer is 2 years younger without many senior minutes.

When there was already Noni, Angelo Gabriel and Mudryk, I think more experienced cover was needed