Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

antonio-banderas-dissatisfied.gif

I admire how much of diplomat Poch manages to be in this whole mess. However he will probably need to emphasize his points when time comes, as his call for "experienced players" was already misinterpreted by the club as "please buy another 15 Brasilian children".

Doubt we will play more than 1 forward, so honestly, if Jackson won't drop his form from Spain but rather build on it, I wouldn't look for another mediocre attacker for sake of it. Nkuku showed some great signs, Broja is still around. Lukaku is still in the club, for better or worse. He may stay or be exchanged for someone. Having ten players for every spot was exactly the trouble that demotivated Potter's team and what Lampard was pointing as the reason why our mentality gone to the gutter. 

We are slowly going into ridiculous "we need one more player and will come good" circle. We "only just" needed Enzo, now a striker, but then we will only need a keeper, then a winger and so on. Clearly something is not clicking as a whole, rather than individual talent. No good, complete products on the market now, so maybe just try to do with what we have, as we have quite plenty.

Edited by Vegetable

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We need goals. No more ‘creative’ players. We need fucking goals. 

You say no more creative players like we have creative players in the attack. ALL of our wingers prefer to dribble and cross. Just look at the second half earlier it was rinse repeat the same attacking pattern over and over. Having a goalscorer would do nothing against a low block like that when we are just aimlessly crossing.

We are in desperate need of an attacking midfielder who has elite creativity. Someone who can thread a ball that no one sees. Until then it will be the same as West Ham, and a goalscorer fixes none of that.

Edited by JDY

People keep talking about us needing “elite level creative players” or “elite level goalscorers” but keep mentioning guys who have literally only got only one season good under their belt like Kudus & Barcola. FFS. When does one season make you an elite player? Yes there is the odd gem or two but Kudus and Barcola? Really?

We need a few guys who have done it week in week out at a good level for say at least 2 or 3 seasons minimum but are still relatively young enough ie aged 25, 26, 27 to fit our recruiting profile and also bring a bit of experience and proven quality. Nkunku fitted that profile. In the past also, Cesc and Costa for example. Yea these certain levels are hard to find but when you find them, they are worth the wait. 

These chasing players who have realistically played one season at a good level to put it bluntly as if they will solve all of our problems needs to stop. I mean Ziyech had what 3 amazing years at Ajax? I’d go as far as saying he was probably twice the player Kudus was last season easily in those 3 years. He was apparently “world class” or “going to be world class” yet flopped. Go and read the thread after we announced his signing for all the proof. Yet Kudus has one good season and he is an elite level creative player who will propel us to the next level? Give me a break.

Do people not see that we already have plenty of these players in and around our squad, Mudryk, Noni, Jackson, Levi, Moises, Romeo etc? Guys who have shown good performance at a level for one season? I hoped Disasi and even Sanchez were the first of a few more proven or experienced heads because we need some. 

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

People keep talking about us needing “elite level creative players” or “elite level goalscorers” but keep mentioning guys who have literally only got only one season good under their belt like Kudus & Barcola. FFS. When does one season make you an elite player? Yes there is the odd gem or two but Kudus and Barcola? Really?

We need a few guys who have done it week in week out at a good level for say at least 2 or 3 seasons minimum but are still relatively young enough ie aged 25, 26, 27 to fit our recruiting profile and also bring a bit of experience and proven quality. Nkunku fitted that profile. 

Pedro Goncalves. 

And I think Maddison is highly creative player, shame we didn't go for him. Very reasonable price and would be great in Poch 4231 as Nkunku backup. Clear upgrade on Mount imo.

Both delivering good numbers for years. 

12 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Pedro Goncalves. 

And I think Maddison is highly creative player, shame we didn't go for him. Very reasonable price and would be great in Poch 4231 as Nkunku backup. Clear upgrade on Mount imo.

Both delivering good numbers for years. 

Maddison could of been a good shout. Although known our luck he’d probably struggle here like every attacker we’ve signed recently 😂

But for £40m (I think it was that), good age, good pedigree, experience, matured a bit last 2 seasons as a more established player - maybe should of been a consideration. Maybe with the Nkunku signing though, even if we were to ever have been in the running, he’d probably of went somewhere where he would be undisputed first choice.

Little bastard had 2 really good games against Brentford and United. Scored a lot of goals last season, chips in with set play goals and assists also. I still remember watching him play for Aberdeen when he was on from Norwich at Pittodrie years ago at a work day out and the difference now is incredible. Very talented back then but didn’t have the drive or consistency that he developed at Leicester.  

No idea about Pedro Goncalves. Plays for Sporting all I know.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Really not a fan of Maddison on and off way too much for me. Paqueta is more interesting, albeit a bit on the slow side. of course that's out with both City interest and the betting issue. On the latter, if true, his only defense would be some sort of cohesion--not even sure how much sway that would provide.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Maddison could of been a good shout. Although known our luck he’d probably struggle here like every attacker we’ve signed recently 😂

But for £40m (I think it was that), good age, good pedigree, experience, matured a bit last 2 seasons as a more established player - maybe should of been a consideration. Maybe with the Nkunku signing though, even if we were to ever have been in the running, he’d probably of went somewhere where he would be undisputed first choice.

Little bastard had 2 really good games against Brentford and United. Scored a lot of goals last season, chips in with set play goals and assists also. I still remember watching him play for Aberdeen when he was on from Norwich at Pittodrie years ago at a work day out and the difference now is incredible. Very talented back then but didn’t have the drive or consistency that he developed at Leicester.  

No idea about Pedro Goncalves. Plays for Sporting all I know.

That's because we went away from getting quality, experienced players like Cesc, Hazard, Costa, Willian and going after "projects" like Mudryk, Madueke and co.   I don't mind the investment in guys like Casadei, Gabriel and these other youngsters but we got our pants pulled down by both Shaktar and PSV for these two wingers. 

I'm sort of surprised we didn't get Ward Prowse along with Lavia, at least he would have provided quality set pieces for our CB's, striker. 

Given the amount of defensive power we have in Lavia and Caicedo, I wonder if the Cherki idea has gained or lost merit? Originally I was against getting him because he is extremely lazy defensively, but his creativity is not really in doubt. If we played Caicedo + Lavia behind Enzo, Cherki as the RAM and Sterling LAM that would be a better balance of creativity/dribbling. Maybe the defensive output of Lavia+Caicedo cancels out his lack of work ethic... My gut still says don't buy lazy players though, or people that don't score when our whole CM group are not goal scorers.

4 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Given the amount of defensive power we have in Lavia and Caicedo, I wonder if the Cherki idea has gained or lost merit? Originally I was against getting him because he is extremely lazy defensively, but his creativity is not really in doubt. If we played Caicedo + Lavia behind Enzo, Cherki as the RAM and Sterling LAM that would be a better balance of creativity/dribbling. Maybe the defensive output of Lavia+Caicedo cancels out his lack of work ethic... My gut still says don't buy lazy players though, or people that don't score when our whole CM group are not goal scorers.

I feel like he’d be kind of wasted out wide primarily. From what I’ve watched of him he needs to be centrally where he can be more influential.

I really don't rate any player, who is even remotely on the market(realistic) and can come and improve us. There are a lot of gambles out there, but no sure things. Especially after the Caicedo debut I am reluctant to recommend a sub 25yo player. 

I would bet on the current squad until January. There are soo many new players we really cant analyze where exactly should we improve. Another GK is a must this window though.