Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

8 minutes ago, milka said:

What happened to that guy from Vigo  Veiga he was sure about PSG afterwards and was linked with Chelsea, apparently he remains in Spain .

He’s more of a #8 so we have no need at all for him anymore. Last I saw Napoli were trying hard to get him.

3 hours ago, Mhsc said:

Thank god we have Malo.

Extremely controversial question: would you consider offloading Reece James over his injury problems? He is our Captain and amazing when fit, but are these problems ever going to go away? Is he worth 250k a week when he plays so rarely? Does he have a realistic future playing RB and being fit for even half of a season?

This was the same thing when asked of Kante this summer (ok Ngolo was older yes) and look how many said bin Kante.

So wonder if it will be same approach if this persists for another year or two with Reece? Doubtful but never know on here. Maybe his new contract is incentive based but again, I don’t know I am sure his basic is around 200k easily. Plus 7 or 8 year deal to consider.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Reading through the last few pages:

- Olise staying at Palace, can’t be mad at it, would have been a bargain to be honest considering price hikes. Grade 3 hammy tear though.

- RJ injury, horrific. Wouldn’t ever consider letting him go but my God he needs to stop whatever fitness regime he’s doing. I half think that Poch’s preseason was too much for the players who were so undeniably unfit during the season, not blaming Poch at all, just the length of which our players remained in poor shape.

- Johnson from Forest, just yikes, please no, unless I’ve read it wrong and they are paying us £50m to take him. He is another Dan James, just less speed.

- Noni and Sterling I feel are sufficient right now considering what we have on loan and the other areas we need to focus on.

- Gutted about Hall, I sure hope there is a hefty sell on or buyback clause, I understand he grew up supporting Newcastle but we had him on a ridiculous contract, to let a prospect go for £28m? Short-term’ism thinking in my book.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

A number of players from the Moroccan NT deserve more praise.  

Yep. He joined Wolfsburg less than a week ago.

En neysiri is absolute pants. Watched him bottle 4 100% chances yesterday. Worse than Lukaku 

I don’t really think we need Barcola or Johnson. We have more than enough wingers and none of these is better than Noni really. Olise I would have understood bc he is creative but Johnson is a one dimensional pace merchant . Barcola I have not seen as much of. only winger I would consider is one who is really good at wingback and could compensate RJ’s loss at least in offense 

29 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

This was the same thing when asked of Kante this summer (ok Ngolo was older yes) and look how many said bin Kante.

So wonder if it will be same approach if this persists for another year or two with Reece? Doubtful but never know on here. Maybe his new contract is incentive based but again, I don’t know I am sure his basic is around 200k easily. Plus 7 or 8 year deal to consider.

I think he got his contract before we wisened up (the PW+LS era) so it is likely 250k basic and more on top of that for good performance. He got the deal Mason would have got if he hadn't been a little bitch.

My brain says that Malo is a wonderful player and he if he has a good season, bearing in mind we need income, if we get lucky and Reece ends the season on a few months of fitness we should sell him if we can get a big offer for him. My heart tells me we can't lose Captain James after losing so many others from the academy, the little bit of real Chels we have left.

Extremely quiet day across the league. I figured a bunch of PL clubs would be wanting to get players registered in time for their second matches this weekend after having a look at their squads in the first match.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

En neysiri is absolute pants. Watched him bottle 4 100% chances yesterday. Worse than Lukaku 

I don’t really think we need Barcola or Johnson. We have more than enough wingers and none of these is better than Noni really. Olise I would have understood bc he is creative but Johnson is a one dimensional pace merchant . Barcola I have not seen as much of. only winger I would consider is one who is really good at wingback and could compensate RJ’s loss at least in offense 

Did he score?

I never said we should be signing him, but only pointing out the chances he missed rather than his finish doesn't paint a clear picture.

We need a goalscorer. It's as simple as that.

◉ West Ham a close to a full agreement agreement with Ajax for Kudus. Deal ~£35m

◉ West Ham have already agreed personal terms with Ajax player. As revealed today, Tim Steidten is in Amsterdam to seal the deal.

◉ Next target : Doku

No Kudus & Doku for Chelsea

Just now, ZAPHOD2319 said:

We never got serious about Kudus. I wonder how much AFCON plays into decisions about your squad?

We were at our best when our squad was full of players from Africa, so it would be an decision to dismiss potential stars due to that.

I still think a striker who can play out wide but is primarily a goal scorer would be our best bet. We’ve got tonnes of tricky players, tonnes of players who can create but very few who score. 

23 minutes ago, shrenshah said:

I wouldnt mind joao felix to return in a straight swap deal for lukaku. Can be a really good player to compete with madueke and nkunku in rw and cf positions.

I'm not a fan of Joao, but there would be no competition. Nkunku because of injury, and Madueke because he's nowhere near being good enough.

You know who would’ve been the picture perfect player for our current side? Someone who we easily could’ve bought before he went to his current club where he’s now untouchable? Isak from Newcastle. Electric pace, great dribbler, can finish.

We need your scouts to find the closest player to him in Europe and buy him this window. Someone without the absurd Premier League and/or English tax.