Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, ulvhedin said:

What happeden to Koudio Kone, there were rumors early on Liverpool are chasing him?

He really is not a DMF 

I do not think he would work as their main DMG at all

he is more of a box to box type

same for Gravenberch above

Randal Kolo Muani approached by mystery club

I’m told things are happening with Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani. PSG remain the favourites, they have the green light because the player would be open to the move, but let’s see first what happens with Hugo Ekitike.

I’m told that one more club approached Eintracht Frankfurt over Kolo Muani this week. I will let you know more when I can, but at the moment there is no bid. Still, keep an eye on Kolo Muani in the final weeks of the transfer window.

so the two deal sealers  for us in the last two transfers:

Behdad Eghbali for Caicedo

Joe Shields for Lavia

not hard to see how Clearlake now has well over £100 billion in AUMF

Edited by Vesper

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Randal Kolo Muani approached by mystery club

I’m told things are happening with Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani. PSG remain the favourites, they have the green light because the player would be open to the move, but let’s see first what happens with Hugo Ekitike.

I’m told that one more club approached Eintracht Frankfurt over Kolo Muani this week. I will let you know more when I can, but at the moment there is no bid. Still, keep an eye on Kolo Muani in the final weeks of the transfer window.

Hope it is us lol... 

He looks immense. 

Just now, Thor said:

Hope it is us lol... 

He looks immense. 

I do not see how we can make FFP work if we dump £80m or so on him

as we still need a RW/AMF/SS (Olise for the first 2, BUT Kudus is all 3, PLUS can play at CF and LW as well)

and another GK

What I dont get is how can we spend 200m on two midfielders while saying Sanchez is good enough as starting GK. We dont have any goal scoring power either but options are limited there to buy. 

Its just crazy how can we spend 800 or 900m and think Sanchez is good enough. 

11 minutes ago, SomethingSomething said:

What I dont get is how can we spend 200m on two midfielders while saying Sanchez is good enough as starting GK. We dont have any goal scoring power either but options are limited there to buy. 

Its just crazy how can we spend 800 or 900m and think Sanchez is good enough. 

Who said he is? Truth is, maybe club is sane enough to not scream "We urgently need no1 keeper ASAP and we are even more desperate than usual and ready to spend big" this time and just get the deal done when right opportunity comes

I know some people mentioned about selling Ian Maatsen, but I have a problem. 

If Chilwell gets injured we are stuck with Cucu. 

I much rather keep Ian at this time since we don't have a good backup like we do for James with Gusto. 

7 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I know some people mentioned about selling Ian Maatsen, but I have a problem. 

If Chilwell gets injured we are stuck with Cucu. 

I much rather keep Ian at this time since we don't have a good backup like we do for James with Gusto. 

Maatsen should absolutely be extended and kept. 

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

Why is everyone hating on Sanchez. He is a decent gk.

Yeah, I don’t get it either. With our new look midfield and a more aggressive, pressing style the goalkeeper should be under much pressure most games. So Sanchez should be more than good enough as our #1 this season.

We just played against one of the most lethal attacks in all of football with Gallagher as the DM and a defense that have literally never played a game together before and Sanchez didn’t have to sweat much after the opening 25 minutes. He had a couple of sloppy passes but that’s to be expected. He showed immediately in that first match with some catches of corners what he gives us that Kepa didn’t.

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Maatsen should absolutely be extended and kept. 

Yeah, I don’t get it either. With our new look midfield and a more aggressive, pressing style the goalkeeper should be under much pressure most games. So Sanchez should be more than good enough as our #1 this season.

We just played against one of the most lethal attacks in all of football with Gallagher as the DM and a defense that have literally never played a game together before and Sanchez didn’t have to sweat much after the opening 25 minutes. He had a couple of sloppy passes but that’s to be expected. He showed immediately in that first match with some catches of corners what he gives us that Kepa didn’t.

Maybe Maatsen doesnt want to extend if there is Cucu still around?

11 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

Maybe Maatsen doesnt want to extend if there is Cucu still around?

After the preseason he’s just had I think Poch would request he’s kept if the board ask. If the club can find a destination for Cucu I would think Poch would rather let him leave than Ian. 

Maatsen for me has “instant regret” written all over him if we were to sell him. Has absolutely everything you want in a modern fullback. If he were to go to a smaller PL club and replicate the season he had last year with Burnley you’d have City or one of the other Big 6 offering £50-60m for him.

The club should be currently shopping Cucu around all of Europe right now. Preferably a club that we aren’t directly competing with like Newcastle.