Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Wonder what the deal is with us completing medicals for players and then not announcing them for a long period? I remember there being like over a week between Nico Jackson completing his medical before we announced him. Now the same appears to be happening with Disasi. 

Know it’s pretty meaningless, but still. Don’t remember it being this way in years past.

20 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Wonder what the deal is with us completing medicals for players and then not announcing them for a long period? I remember there being like over a week between Nico Jackson completing his medical before we announced him. Now the same appears to be happening with Disasi. 

Know it’s pretty meaningless, but still. Don’t remember it being this way in years past.

Suspect most of the media team went to the US too

42 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

[Simon Stone] Brighton do not expect to sell Caicedo this summer

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66399225

They are doing us bareback with no vaseline tbh

Brighton is getting nervous lol. A lot of "leaked" info by their club journos recently to put us under pressure. Secret bid, expect to stay blabla.

They want us to pay now to have enough time to find a replacement. Dont forget that Tony Bloom is a poker player - he loves the bluffs 

49 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Tomorrow

25 minutes ago, whats happening said:

25 million pounds for brightons 3rd keeper is fucking crazy. cant wait until they get relegated.

They probably made us think we had a chance of a lower fee for Caicedo if we overpaid for Sanchez only to quote us the £100m when we signed the papers lmao 

2 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Even if this is to help get Caicedo it deffo won't be announced this week because that would look suspect as hell.

I honestly don’t think it will happen at all at this rate. Even more so now considering the statement/reports re their stance. If we really want him just offer them £95m and if they don’t accept that give them the £100m.

We are already going to be overpaying by about £30-40m might as well overpay by £50m if it means its the difference between getting him or not getting him. There is clearly no plan B.

Excited about Sanchez tbf. Kepa induces so much anxiety every game, I just don't trust him. Sanchez, on the other hand, is much more commanding in his area... It's an improvement and could work wonders for the defence, like it did when Mendy first came.

I’m at the point where I don’t give a shit what it takes, pay Brighton the money. And I was someone who was saying we should walk away after the £70m bid was turned down.

But after seeing our potential following all our preseason matches my mind has changed. We are so close to having a squad capable of properly going toe to toe with the other challengers. Caicedo dramatically improves our first XI.

Brighton bending us over once again will be super annoying initially but if we secure top 4 in large part because of Caicedo then it’s worth it.

Can this bloody Caicedo help his cause and hand in a freaking transfer request? I mean, he was given a promise he would be sold in the summer. Now, after rejecting 80m, they claim they expect him to stay. Just do it ffs.

As someone who does not share the conviction that Caicedo is that much of, or is about to become, that key player we need, I too think that at this point just go for it. I mean, evidently my opinion does not matter (nor should it), so it's really about whether the people at the club have that conviction or not. If they do, then they should make it happen and not wait until there is an auction around him.

Now, if the conviction isn't absolute, then maybe it's time to be creative, and at the same point make a point which could affect future deals.

I think he makes a very young squad even younger. That makes me nervous for the season, but if he's good enough then he's good enough.

One of Zubimendi,Lavia or Caqueret + One of Kudus or Olise, for less than Brighton might accept for Caicedo.

We went in too low with our first bid really (even though it wasn't too low for what is Caicedo's true value) if we fold and Brighton get us to pay 40m above our original offer it's gonna hinder future negotiations and if we had made a higher first offer i think it would have been resolved either way by now.