Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3222253fc6c5132f60c91fe09370200d.png

Manchester United agree transfer fee for Atalanta striker Rasmus Hojlund

Man Utd agreed the deal on Saturday morning and Atalanta have briefed the fee is £64million rising to £72m.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfer-hojlund-atalanta-27422278

Manchester United have agreed a £72million fee with Atalanta for striker Rasmus Hojlund.

United secured an agreement on Saturday morning for £64m with £8m in add-ons. Hojlund, 20, has agreed personal terms on a five-year contract with the option of an additional year.

Atalanta were still demanding £77m for Hojlund as early as this week and, although United negotiated the price down, they have caved in as they were reluctant to pay more than £60m.

United have now spent £162.9m in up-front fees for Hojlund, Andre Onana and Mason Mount this summer. With add-ons, they have invested £179.2m.

READ MORE: United could strengthen four other squad areas after Hojlund deal

Randal Kolo Muani was identified as an alternative target but Eintracht Frankfurt valued the France international at €100m.

Hojlund was identified as United’s principal striker target after the club were discouraged from bidding for Harry Kane.

The Manchester Evening News revealed in May that Ten Hag had held video calls with Hojlund. United were always confident of signing the Denmark international in time for their first game of the season against Wolves on August 14.

Figures at United concede Hojlund is a rough diamond and Marcus Rashford or Anthony Martial could start up front in some games to ease the pressure on the Dane.

Hojlund could make his first appearance for United at Old Trafford in a friendly against Lens next Saturday. United travel to Dublin to play Athletic Bilbao the next day.

Atalanta did not play Hojlund in their friendly win over Bournemouth on Saturday as they did not want to jeopardise Hojlund's transfer in case he got injured.

The Italian club used nine substitutes across the 90 minutes but Hojlund - who scored nine goals in 32 Serie A games last term - was one of just three not to make it off the bench.

Paris Saint-Germain tabled an offer for Hojlund this week but United always expected him to join them.

Hojlund moved from Copenhagen to Sturm Graz in January 2022 for €1.8m before switching to Atalanta six months later for €17m. United have agreed a deal for €84m.

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

You could’ve scored those 3 goals, Vesper! 🤣🤣🤣

not the first one, lolol

I am pacy (at top speed, it takes me a bit to get my throttle on full, as I am all legs) for a female, but nothing like that!!!

plus I am a twig

skinny rat Ziyech could body me into the players bench via the air, roflmaoooooooooo

Zouma could launch me into the lower fan seats 😟

Best Kurt Zouma GIFs | Gfycat

Edited by Vesper

10 minutes ago, manpe said:

Can we please start using the Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub thread again? Having all possible transfer discussions and occasional off-topics in one thread makes it almost unreadable for Chelsea news.

well, Rasmus Højlund was one of my Chels targets for CF for some time (as was Randal Kolo Muani, but then they both were priced at €100m)

thus my posts

plus it may well affect us in terms of prices paid

While I don’t really rate ANY of the moves United have made thus far you have to hand it to them for at least going out and getting all of Ten Hag’s #1 choice targets. First choice keeper, first choice midfielder, and first choice striker (they were never getting Kane). Now they’re instantly moving on to Amrabat.

Meanwhile, we’ve made a grand total of 1 senior signing intended for the first XI this summer in Nico Jackson. Nkunku was signed in January. We finished 12th, the next season starts in about 2 weeks, and we have no midfield right now.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

While I don’t really rate ANY of the moves United have made thus far you have to hand it to them for at least going out and getting all of Ten Hag’s #1 choice targets. First choice keeper, first choice midfielder, and first choice striker (they were never getting Kane). Now they’re instantly moving on to Amrabat.

Meanwhile, we’ve made a grand total of 1 senior signing intended for the first XI this summer in Nico Jackson. Nkunku was signed in January. We finished 12th, the next season starts in about 2 weeks, and we have no midfield right now.

Next season is probably another write off. All our signings are clearly aimed for the future. Even if we sign Caicedo and Kudus or whoever. Players this young are far from making an instant impact. Even if they knew the league, they still have to get used to the immense pressure, teammates, tactics etc. We are not even in for experienced players. The unwillingness to even look for an experienced GK or CB which are musts for a top 4 challenge shows that the owners want to grow this squad over years and do not really care about winning anything the next few years.

26 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Meanwhile, we’ve made a grand total of 1 senior signing intended for the first XI this summer in Nico Jackson.

That's quite a bold stretch to call 22yo with one or actually half of season worth any attention in top 10 club under hist belt a "senior signing" 👀

Edited by Vegetable

Nkunku, Gusto, Nicolas Jackson, Mudryk, Enzo, and way more all bought in 2023 guys, calm down. Do you know how lucky we are with the new owners and staff they’ve got in place for us now? It’s taking time but they’re clearly getting there and we will get to a good place if we are patient and let them fucking cook.

By deadline day probably we will get another two senior players is my guess. No it isn’t perfect but they’ve done a pretty cracking job in my books, when you look at the overall situation. 

Enzo-Caicedo would be a much better midfield pair than Jorginho-Kovacic, especially after the CL win where they clearly declined, Nkunku-Jackson is a much better attacking pair than Havertz-Mount. Colwill is better than KK, Gusto better than Azpi, Mudryk still a better option than playing Sterling all the time like last season. 

image.png.3f89be8ba589305480062b9e6a4dbf50.png

This was our starting lineup for the first game last season. 

• Sterling as false 9 bc we didnt have a striker, lol
  • Havertz and Mount on the wings, lol
  • KK and Azpi in defense
  • Jorginho the regista

Lots of experience - look where it got us

We have the same or better players in every position, not a single downgrade. Caicedo is the missing part tho to kinda replace Kante.

52 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

If we get Caicedo, our starting lineup is much better than last season, way more quality. 

he put a transfer request in supposedly

Brighton are being true motherfucking cunts

they absolutely are demanding over £100m

which is NOT NOT NOT a reasonable offer like they promised Caicedo (that they would sell him if a reasonable offer came in, which 80 MILLION QUID by us certainly IS)

I am getting very angry

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he put a transfer request in supposedly

Brighton are being true motherfucking cunts

they absolutely are demanding over £100m

which is NOT NOT NOT a reasonable offer like they promised Caicedo (that they would sell him if a reasonable offer came in, which 80 MILLION QUID by us certainly IS)

I am getting very angry

I start to hate them more than United tbh. Bc their fanbase is losing their head as well, they think they are on par with us. 

3 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

I start to hate them more than United tbh. Bc their fanbase is losing their head as well, they think they are on par with us. 

breaking gentlemen's agreements is SHIT

I know I have bashed Marina over some things (mostly contract management at this point), BUT her word was her bond

she has a global reputation as an absolute straight shooter

the last time we had this issue was with the Italian game playing cunts back 5, 6, 7 years ago or so

Alex Sandro with Juve and us, for instance

absolute cunts

40 minutes ago, Vesper said:

breaking gentlemen's agreements is SHIT

I know I have bashed Marina over some things (mostly contract management at this point), BUT her word was her bond

she has a global reputation as an absolute straight shooter

the last time we had this issue was with the Italian game playing cunts back 5, 6, 7 years ago or so

Alex Sandro with Juve and us, for instance

absolute cunts

What I hate the most about them is their arrogant behaviour recently. De Zerbis comments about Colwill and Chelsea (Brighton in Europe other than Chelsea) and their fans following his lead. Has this fanbase always been like this or do they really think they are a big player now after reaching EL lol

image.png.378215aa1f8f2eac1f585ffe7ac48fc1.png

image.png.eafd3b238559630cb74524ba4793790b.png

image.png.6dd14e430a1d3e041c5e4488c191379d.png

image.png.f25268f02b35872c59cc881a7873bae9.png

image.png.b168f2085b5a42590dc0272f3612f66e.png

image.png.3c52f4ba5b7785498ff41eb37c109792.png

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Next season is probably another write off. All our signings are clearly aimed for the future. Even if we sign Caicedo and Kudus or whoever. Players this young are far from making an instant impact. Even if they knew the league, they still have to get used to the immense pressure, teammates, tactics etc. We are not even in for experienced players. The unwillingness to even look for an experienced GK or CB which are musts for a top 4 challenge shows that the owners want to grow this squad over years and do not really care about winning anything the next few years.

We can not see this eason as a "write off"

our main line up it is better than last season and we have not european football, that means more rested to our players and more fresh players 

there are some doubts about some aspects as experience of our players but Im confident that we will play some good football and fight for top5 

last season people wasn't expected our club and liverpool so weak and arsenal so stronger

maybe this year we can see a change