Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Fair play if true... thats the mentality we want here. That to me... is proper Chels. Shame the same couldn't be said about Mount.

Edited by DDA

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

Fair play if true... thats the mentality we want here. That to me... is proper Chels. Shame the same couldn't be said about Mount.

hmm he might be thinking that not a whole lot of fighting will be necessary with the CMs in contention. 😕 

I imagine selling Chlobah and Gallagher is the right financial/company decision, but selling Gallagher given his mentality and love for the club is the more painful to me. Could imagine him doing a Milner-esque role for us for years, filling in here and there and just being a really useful grunt that the manager always wants to keep.

I don't object, as long as we're not in the state where you would go into the season expecting he is in the XI. He is a squad player and a helpful one. And a top fucking lad from the sounds of things.

26 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

I imagine selling Chlobah and Gallagher is the right financial/company decision, but selling Gallagher given his mentality and love for the club is the more painful to me. Could imagine him doing a Milner-esque role for us for years, filling in here and there and just being a really useful grunt that the manager always wants to keep.

I don't object, as long as we're not in the state where you would go into the season expecting he is in the XI. He is a squad player and a helpful one. And a top fucking lad from the sounds of things.

Milner has always been underrated. Gallagher needs to improve a lot to reach that level, and tbh I don't see it... he's just not good enough on the ball.

Chalobah is not a very good player, I'm afraid. He's pacy, strong, but that's about it. He can definitely become a good PL player in a small outfit, but he does not look like top 4 material...nowhere near.

That's the problem with "developing" players at this level. We can't "wait" until players reach an acceptable level of play (assuming they ever do). 

4 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Can only base it on what I am seeing. I am paying attention to ACM with all of our former players there. Guehi is solid AF and seems to be the leader on that line. Chalobah is good but has panic moments every game and goes to ground much to early and gets caught taking bad lines. Chalobah has better height, but I don’t see it coming into play often. Guehi has become the better option by quite a bit. Currently, hard to see Chalobah getting much better.

ACM? Are you speaking about Tomori? Guehi is in Palace. 

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Verratti to Saudi, WTF?!

Verratti, Ruben Neves, SMS. One of the best midfield in the world. KK back, and Malcom and Mitrovic in attack. By far best Saudi club so far. Benzema, Ronaldo and Kante are bigger names but they won't see title with their clubs. 

Verratti is the first top class player who’s still in their prime to go there. That one has to be worrying for the sport. Old, past it former stars going there in their mid 30’s is nothing or players who flamed out at big clubs. But if they start splashing silly money and enticing genuine, currently world class players to go there then it could seriously harm the ability of big clubs in the market.

He is still class, but also turning 31 in a few months. So this will be his last contract, makes sense for him to get the cash in after playing on the highest level for so many years. The scheme is the same: Saudis bascially sign players for their last contract in their carreer, except a few like Malcom who failed at top clubs. 

1 minute ago, Gundalf said:

He is still class, but also turning 31 in a few months. So this will be his last contract, makes sense for him to get the cash in after playing on the highest level for so many years. The scheme is the same: Saudis bascially sign players for their last contract in their carreer, except a few like Malcom who failed at top clubs. 

SMS and Neves going there is bigger surprise because they are in prime years. 

1 minute ago, Gundalf said:

Oh, wow. I kinda take back what I said then. I didn’t realize he was 30+. For some reason I thought he was still like 27-28. 🤣

1 minute ago, Vegetable said:

Please tell me that the "other options" aren't 7 brasilian children DMs 30 million each, who will not get work permit in Europe for next 5 years…

How the hell Piazon got work permit? 

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

SMS and Neves going there is bigger surprise because they are in prime years. 

Neves especially, SMS really was only a transfer window gossip, he realised we wont ever sign for a big club tho. Neves I feel like could have made a move to United etc, but on the other hand, he was going down the same route as SMS tbh. Rumour every summer but no club moves for him.