Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

People say Brighton this, Brighton that... But what were our offers and why they go so slow? They said 100m, we started with 70m. Everything suggest 80-85m will do it. We are not there yet after a couple of months of negotiations. United started with 40m for Mount 2 weeks later deal agreed with 4th offer worth 60m. Why we take so much time? 

Brighton want their £100m or may take a lower fee if we include Colwill - neither of those options are appealing to me. We really should walk away

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Didn't Ornstein say we initially offered 60m + add ons and then a little over 70m + add ons? Assuming the recent offer was 75+5?

4 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

Brighton want their £100m or may take a lower fee if we include Colwill - neither of those options are appealing to me. We really should walk away

Doesn't matter if we started with 60m. I am sure we will get him for 80-85m. But the point is to have a player for pre season. United have Mount because they sent 4 offers in space of two weeks. We need one month per offer. One sent in June, one in July and now weighing 3rd offer for such a long time. Just send the 85m and say this is our final offer. 

While £100m is obviously insane and we should go nowhere near it, walking away from Caicedo means getting an alternative that has many more question marks. Unless that alternative is Barella.

Lavia is a fantastic talent but is still just 19 and probably isn’t ready to be an every match starter at a huge club yet. Gabri Veiga is nowhere near Caicedo’s level and would be a total gamble whether he can immediately settle in this league.

Amrabat could be a great emergency/fall back option but he’s wanted by several clubs and we’d risk losing a bidding war near the end of the window and being left with nobody.

So basically, there’s Caicedo and then a fairly big drop off in quality to every alternative.

This is us now trying to turn the focus back on Caicedo and saying "you stick that transfer request in"

We are taking our foot off the peddle and have let Brighton know it by the sounds of it, this will infuriate Caicedo and he will act.

20 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

This is us now trying to turn the focus back on Caicedo and saying "you stick that transfer request in"

We are taking our foot off the peddle and have let Brighton know it by the sounds of it, this will infuriate Caicedo and he will act.

Can’t see it.

He shit the bed and renewed there after what a few days after asking to leave the club in January? They won’t budge this time around either unless it suits them. 

The lad signing a new deal with no insistence on a release clause either when he had hoped to move on months later is also moronic on him and his agents behalf. 

He’s not got any other realistic options either by looks of it - so either we play ball and pay close to the £100m/give them cash & Levi. Or we go and look elsewhere/wait to next year.

Brighton hold all the cards.

Edited by OneMoSalah

I don't really get the endgame here - We are tip-toeing around Brighton in some crazy way. Dragging it forever want give Caicedo a reason to kick a fuss. Make final offer as United made with Mount, take it or leave it. If we actually have plan B, open the talks publicly. I am afraid that all that Tchouaméni thing was made by us, but why not to actually explore it? 85 million is money that gives some possibilities.

BTW, Brighton want Colwill AND cash for him? Rotfl. Don't get the Rice talk as well. Following this logic, we shouldn't have let Kova go for anything less than 500 million Pounds then.

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Brighton hold all the cards.

Except they will forcefully (?) retain unhappy key player, that they have shafted twice at this point. If he will drop his head down and kiss their badge after this instead of going ballistic on the club and agents involved, he may not be quite the Chelsea material I'm afraid. Just look what happened to Zyiech after the PSG mess-up. He couldn't be arsed much before, but he clocked out totally after this. 

I really dont understand Brighton in this case. Its harming their own business model. Every young player that joins Brighton and aims to go to a bigger club in the future will think twice before signing a contract extension without a reasonable release clause in it if they see how hard it is for Caicedo to actually make the move and how bitchy these cunts are and how valid handshake agreements are at this club. Hope that haunts them in the future. 

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Thanks for the correction. More reason to not believe most of what you read.

I read recently that his salary was also heavily incentivized. I can't remember the exact figure, but it was 375k base salary rising up to something like 500/600k with bonuses.

7 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

I really dont understand Brighton in this case. Its harming their own business model. Every young player that joins Brighton and aims to go to a bigger club in the future will think twice before signing a contract extension without a reasonable release clause in it if they see how hard it is for Caicedo to actually make the move and how bitchy these cunts are and how valid handshake agreements are at this club. Hope that haunts them in the future. 

As You said, they are a big club now 🤪

I don't think this stale mate was intentional actually, we for once decided to act like a serious club and stick to reasonable valuation, yet not making any concrete moves anymore and they were hoping for us giving up Colwill first and bidding war on their gem second, but all they heard back was crickets and no other club gave a toss, so not sure if they actually have any plan in place other than pathetic barking about their greatness and Rice costing 100 mil.

15 minutes ago, whats happening said:

okay then. lets splash like 60m euros or pounds on olise or another guy and pray for 7g+a for the season.

What guarantees 250 mil M'bappe being here for a year peforms anyhow similar to what he does in farmer's league? It's not FIFA / EA footy. What if he gets injured and misses substantial part of season?  Would he even try, given he know where he is going after season and want to conserve fitness? Does he fit our tactic anyhow? We dropped any tactical regime for one player already with Lukaku and it didn't quite give us much profit. And do we need a guy holding his club hostage and acting bit like overemphasized version of Zlatan?

Football is not one man show and sum of elements is much more effective than individual talent, something we had apparently understood this season and started implementing. No need to blow it out with gamble on Mbappe, which is uttery unrealistic anyway. No serious club is paying 300+ milion for a player for single season, so it leaves only PSG and Saudis in game.

Edited by Vegetable

Well, surprised we’ve not gone in with the final bid yet - maybe we are waiting for Caicedo to get more angry and public about this BS. Maybe the rumour that they had agreement he can leave in summer was all BS, in which case this deal is likely not happening as he’s just signed a massively long contract and they’re under no pressure to sell UNLESS that agreement was real.

Honestly just get in Lavia or another player and let’s approach this from a position of strength. The depth in MF will be good. 

1 hour ago, Simon1991 said:

I read recently that his salary was also heavily incentivized. I can't remember the exact figure, but it was 375k base salary rising up to something like 500/600k with bonuses.

Ah, okay. He's probably hitting all those targets on the regular.