Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Matt Law saying Auba will turn up to Cobham on Monday if his future doesn’t get resolved this weekend. Of all the footballers linked with Saudi this summer I would’ve thought Auba was the MOST likely to jump at the chance. He’s a super flashy dude, loves the celebrity lifestyle, drives a chromed out Ferrari amongst other cars. I would’ve thought that he’d be desperate for the chance at a cushy mega contract over there to end his career. 

He’s 34, ffs. I don’t know why he’s putting his foot down and refusing to go. No top European club is going to pay his wages.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He’s 34, ffs. I don’t know why he’s putting his foot down and refusing to go. No top European club is going to pay his wages.

Because he signed contract with the club I guess + owners kinda effed him over with the Tuchel thing. Apparently no offer firm enough for him to move.

2 hours ago, Mhsc said:

There's no way all of this time passing is because of "negotiations", such things would surely be a few meetings over a few days max. Surely either we or them are playing it slow because either they are waiting to sort a replacement, or waiting for more suitors to appear, or we are slow playing it because we are waiting to offload some more, or we're trying to give Poch time to look at Santos? I just don't understand how else it makes sense because there is no way these guys are sitting in a room 9-5 for 4 weeks haggling over a thousand ways to potentially organise payment structure over a deal.

if it was brighton playing it slow, caicedo would revolt already.

44 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Because he signed contract with the club I guess + owners kinda effed him over with the Tuchel thing. Apparently no offer firm enough for him to move.

To be fair, Auba hanging around might not be the worst thing in the world.

Don't think he is the same level of dressing room poison that Lukaku is.

47 minutes ago, whats happening said:

if it was brighton playing it slow, caicedo would revolt already.

Thing is Brighton players (cheers, Colwill) seem to have much more connection to Brighton, than Chelsea players have with Chelsea, so maybe they sold him on idea that if we back off, pool or whoever else will come and it's a win-win for them.

15 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

To be fair, Auba hanging around might not be the worst thing in the world.

Don't think he is the same level of dressing room poison that Lukaku is.

Kinda puzzle I guess - it's either DDF or Auba and if Auba stays, Broja is pissed. We have five four strikers, three non-scoring and Jackson with question mark, that won't really work, but also won't solve itself.

Edited by Vegetable

27 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Odds are he will decline their contract offer anyway.
This move was not only catastrophic for us but also for him and everybody called it in advance once again. Doomed from the get go. 

he was doing reasonably well for Barca playing regularly and scoring. Then we signed him for a manager likely to be sacked soon and quickly stopped playing him altogether. Also forfeited his only ever career chance of winning a league title. He should not have come here. Ok, the club should have known better than signing him (the fans did). But he sure af should have known better as well to agree to the move. 

3 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Little Lukaku-Vlahovic swap anyone? 😏

Biggest concern for me with Vlahovic is fitness, he hasen't been healthy since he got to Juve. i am honestly not concerned with his ability, i think he would strive if healthy.