Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

15 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

As well a Thuram would add additional height in the midfield and be another body attacking corners and free kicks at his price we should be all over that and not give Liverpool free run at him

Issue is that he makes far more progressive ball carrying runs than any central midfielder. As we've seen, this is good for counter attacking sides but not for sides that predominately see the ball. He's also not part of Nice's core players in the defensive transition, he ambles back whilst preparing for another counter attack. Although his ball winning attributes are pretty good, his defensive positioning isn't consistent, as he is always looking to get further forward. There is the argument if he can be coachable, but there is also the argument if his natural instincts get in the way for it to work, ala Kante. 

This is a very good analysis on him. Essentially, Thuram would require a lot of coaching (without much guarantee of success) whereas Caicedo would slot in easier. 

K. Thuram’s ideal position is also as a left 8, which is also arguably Enzo’s best position. I think he could be turned into a DM and I do like him, would be a nice player in the squad especially if we had CL and a bigger need for depth. It would not be dissimilar to the transformation we put Mikel through. Tbf, if it is Caicedo for 100m or Lavia + K. Thurman together for 100m then I think the answer is obvious what to do…

Caicedo is Rice-esque in being statistically unusually good at lots of different things (bit worse than Rice at several things too), but with Kante-esque pressing added in, but 100m is literally two really strong CM worth of money. 

13 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

K. Thuram’s ideal position is also as a left 8, which is also arguably Enzo’s best position. I think he could be turned into a DM and I do like him, would be a nice player in the squad especially if we had CL and a bigger need for depth. It would not be dissimilar to the transformation we put Mikel through. Tbf, if it is Caicedo for 100m or Lavia + K. Thurman together for 100m then I think the answer is obvious what to do…

Caicedo is Rice-esque in being statistically unusually good at lots of different things (bit worse than Rice at several things too), but with Kante-esque pressing added in, but 100m is literally two really strong CM worth of money. 

I think Thuram is most similar to Santos. The latter is being pretty highly entrusted by the recruitment team as being the 3rd midfield option. 

3 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Surely he's as good as gone? If he was staying these rumours would be shit down immediately.

What the hell is up with people moaning "stay" aka "come back" to a fella who has zero appearances in our shirt like he was prime Hazard or something? If he took Lukaku as his role-model let him fuck off immediately, cashless swap for Caicedo and bam, two circuses finished in one move.

Btw.

SMS to Al-Hilal as per Romano. Interesting, huge "what if" story, bit like Oscar.

Edited by Vegetable

33 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

What about Joao Palhinha? He is 28, but would be a good stop gap if Andrey Santos as good as our scouts believe him to be. 

West Ham enquired for him to replace Rice and Fulham quoted something ridiculous like £80-90m.

The thing with Liverpool/Colwill is it's pretty clear that Colwill simply knows next season he needs to play regularly. I think he knows he's been earmarked for a spot in the England squad, and possibly team for the Euros but he has to be playing to make that a reality.

Liverpool hardly ever rotate, and the player in his spot at LCB is one of their main players who will play all the big games and very rarely be rested. Liverpool could sell a move to him as VVD's replacement but that isn't happening yet, which is what Colwill knows he needs. He might get the Europa League games to rest VVD, but is that enough? He's not going to be first choice there.

I'm fully confident that Poch will make him feel valued and trusted for next season and I believe he'll be starting for England next summer as a Chelsea representative.

Cherki could be the ultimate boom or bust signing. Could be an unreal value signing like Hazard was coming from Ligue 1 if he works out. His talent on the ball is amazing. But his nonchalant style isn’t going to fly in the PL against every opponent so he’s definitely a risky player as well.

I’m sold on him at this point. Wasn’t at first but now I want him.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Cherki could be the ultimate boom or bust signing. Could be an unreal value signing like Hazard was coming from Ligue 1 if he works out. His talent on the ball is amazing. But his nonchalant style isn’t going to fly in the PL against every opponent so he’s definitely a risky player as well.

I’m sold on him at this point. Wasn’t at first but now I want him.

I feel like his career will follow the likes of Ben Arfa, Payet, or, for a short period, Nasri.

Talent isn't enough to succeed anymore, and there's also talk about his overall application or lack of.