Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Joao Felix has now been banished from Atlético Madrid training just weeks after officially leaving Chelsea

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/news/23-year-old-has-now-been-banished-from-training-just-weeks-after-leaving-Chelsea/

What’s the story?

Well, the 23-year-old departed Stamford Bridge when his loan spell finished at the end of the 2022/23 campaign.

Mauricio Pochettino – according to Marca – decided not to keep Felix at Chelsea by making a bid to sign him on a permanent basis, and the forward has since returned to the Wanda Metropolitano.

Now – however – Diego Simeone has given the clearest indication yet that he doesn’t want the Portugal international around next season, as he leaves him out of training.

Well, the second clearest indication, after Felix saw his No.7 shirt taken and handed to Antoine Griezmann instead.

snip

Liverpool, Man City and Brighton target Levi Colwill sends message to Mauricio Pochettino over his Chelsea future

https://metro.co.uk/2023/07/10/Chelsea-news-levi-colwill-sends-message-mauricio-pochettino-transfer-future-19097428/

Chelsea youngster Levi Colwill insists he has ‘got to play’ next season for his development after helping England win the European Under-21 Championship for the first time in nearly 40 years.

Colwill, 20, has attracted interest from Liverpool, Manchester City and Brighton after spending last season on loan with the Seagulls.

Chelsea have no intention of selling the highly-rated centre-back and rejected Brighton’s opening bid of £30m.

New Chelsea boss Mauricio Pochettino has said he wants to speak to the defender before deciding his future but Colwill has made it clear he intends to play regularly next season.

‘We’re all pushing and knocking on the door,’ Colwill said of his England U21 team-mates and the possibility of featuring in Gareth Southgate’s senior squad.

‘Everyone has to pay attention to every player here. I feel like this team we had was more than just individuals.

‘In the past England might have lacked with that. We’ve always had great players but I think this team is so much different. I love this team.

‘I’ll speak to my family, speak to everyone I need to and make a decision. I’ve got to play at the end of the day, to hopefully get there and go to the next (senior) camp.

‘But if I’m here, I’ll still be happy. You’ve always got to be happy when you’re picked for any England age group. It’s an honour.’

Colwill is yet to play for Chelsea, who he joined at the age of eight, but appears more than ready to be incorporated into Pochettino’s first-team squad at Stamford Bridge.

Asked about the young defender during his first press conference as Chelsea manager, Pochettino said: ‘I need to get a feel for him.

‘I need to hear what he has in his mind. What he expects. And then, of course, for him to listen to what I expect from him.’

Chelsea finished just 12th in the Premier League last season but will hope to challenge for the top-four under ex-Tottenham, PSG and Southampton boss Pochettino.

Inter, today lawyer Ledure presents the offer for Lukaku to Chelsea

Official telephone contact: a distance of around 10 million remains between the two clubs

https://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/mercato/inter-oggi-l-avvocato-ledure-presenta-al-Chelsea-l-offerta-per-lukaku_66971230-202302k.shtml?ver=211000000

The videoconference appointment is set for today: the lawyer Ledure , Lukaku 's trusted man and already last year architect of the negotiation that brought the Belgian back to Milan, will present Chelsea with the official offer that Inter has studied to try to close the deal by definitively repurchasing the Big Rom card. The parties, at the moment, still remain distant: on the one hand the London club which values the Belgian at no less than 45 million, on the other, the Nerazzurri who don't intend to go beyond 35, divided between five for the onerous loan and 30 for the compulsory buyout fixed for next year. Chelsea will leverage the 50 million that Al Hilal, a Saudi club, was willing to pay for Lukaku, the lawyer Ledure for his part will reiterate the absolute firmness of his client, who does not intend to consider other solutions than the Inter one.

Lukaku, beyond the rumors relating to alleged winks before Milan and most recently Juve, can only be seen at Inter , so much so that he has given his willingness to further reduce his salary, going from the current 8.5 million to season at 7.5 which he took at the time of his first Nerazzurri militancy. The Milanese club has for its part offered the player a four-year contract, until 2027, in order to be able to spread the management costs over a further year. At the moment Lukaku remains in Sardinia where he is spending his holidays, training very intensely every day (as witnessed by himself on his social profiles) in order to be able to present himself in the best possible way - as he wishes - when training resumes in Appiano Gentile. Of course, today, there is thathe will not appear at the Chelsea meet set for Wednesday.

The Lukaku move will be quick and happen in the next day or so, Poch won't have him here and upsetting the apple cart- bet we hear he is gone by Wednesday-The date Poch said he wants him back is more of deadline and he will of told the clubs hierarchy he wants him gone before then 

13 minutes ago, whats happening said:

getting really tired of colwill. he thinks he's prime maldini 

Wanting to play when other clubs want you, is a bit different to thinking your prime maldini.

Colwill is a product out of our youth system and wasn't as such given a chance , goes out and proves himself to be class, wins euros and is now being watched by all the top clubs . Lots of qualities height left footed leader etc etc.

Why shouldnt he be allowed to plan his future, i e. Only in terms of watching out for his playing time. 

Wherever he goes, apart from Brighton he will have to compete and win his place in the side, including Chelsea and he will know that. So, as long as our boss/any major team manager tells him that he will be given an equal chance vs his other defenders, I'm sure he will stay and compete. 

The worry here for colwill would be that he could have to begin with random chances in Carling cup etc which are not that often and reserved for lesser proven players

Colwill needs to be told that everyone good enough in training will compete for PL football starting positions.

He's top tier and the way this forum talks about kdb and salah(early days blah blah). Add colwill to that list if we fuck this up. Reece only got in and established himself because of Lampard giving youngsters equal chances. Colwill needs poch to give him that shot. 

Just now, The Rising Sun said:

Colwill is a product out of our youth system and wasn't as such given a chance , goes out and proves himself to be class, wins euros and is now being watched by all the top clubs . Lots of qualities height left footed leader etc etc.

I agree Colwill should be integrated into the squad but there's a lot of rewriting about his Brighton loan - he played just 12 league games in which he played 90 mins or close to 90 mins.

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

I agree Colwill should be integrated into the squad but there's a lot of rewriting about his Brighton loan - he played just 12 league games in which he played 90 mins or close to 90 mins.

Sure but that's with every player and narratives are usually true, atleast here after the euros. Captain material. Has it all.

Now it's up to Chelsea to give their own a fair shot.

28 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

SMS has given his thumbs up to Al Hilal 40ME

Another player in their prime, I honestly think that Saudi is a long term threat if they don't lose interest in this project. Money wins in the end, always, it just might take a while.

47 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Wanting to play when other clubs want you, is a bit different to thinking your prime maldini.

I do agree with you, but why is it always Chelsea players that get unsettled and want to leave on a whim? I'm not sure he'd get more playing time in Liverpool/ManCity, although Brigton might be another story (wasn't a regular last season though). Puzzles me although maybe my scope is to narrow and focused on PL/Chelsea.

5 minutes ago, SinineUltra said:

I do agree with you, but why is it always Chelsea players that get unsettled and want to leave on a whim? I'm not sure he'd get more playing time in Liverpool/ManCity, although Brigton might be another story (wasn't a regular last season though). Puzzles me although maybe my scope is to narrow and focused on PL/Chelsea.

They get unsettled because the structure of the club has been missing for a few years now, this is one thing that Poch will work on and will get right, he's the type of manager to get everyone from tea ladies to players acting the right way, doing things always to the best standards and setting a standard that others aim for. Poch has a massive job on his hands but he spoke openly and honestly about the whole club and not just him managing the team.

If he's given time he will get the club to pull it's trousers up both on and off the field and get us being big time again