Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, Mário César said:

we have already sold koulibaly and next year thiago silva will no longer be here.

what else does he want?

we have three good central defenders with a lot of potential.

what else does he want?

Exactly. This is probably the best moment for a young CB to come into this team. Both Fofana and Badiashile arent that experienced in the PL and Silva is 38. I just feel he wants to go to another club soon, either Pool or United. 

20 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

let’s not read too much into one clip. Does not look enticing but he might just be annoyed at being filmed or whatever. What counts most is how committed he is on the pitch. If our project becomes successful a lot of doubt will be evaporate. Still would obviously prefer if Noni had not even seen the need to get this commitment out of Levi. 

It was his live stream, so yeah, I don’t think he was annoyed about that.

What’s annoying, instead, is his whole attitude towards Chelsea. First, it was that photo after the Man United loss. Now it’s this. 

6 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Exactly. This is probably the best moment for a young CB to come into this team. Both Fofana and Badiashile arent that experienced in the PL and Silva is 38. I just feel he wants to go to another club soon, either Pool or United. 

we are hiring a lot of youngsters but not young central defenders. 

we have two options at worst:

(a) renew him for just one year and thus leave the club stronger on a possible sale and stay at least one more year with him to see how it goes. 

if things don't go well, he can be sold and we get a strong amount for him

b) not renew and bet on him even with only two years of contract.
if it goes wrong, we'll sell him next year.

we'll lose a bit of money, but i doubt the club will be prepared to buy a central defender this year, given the amount of players that will be sold and even more the players the club will try to hire for other positions.

two years contract gives us a strong position on the situation

the team is under renovation and we already have at least nkunku signed, who is a good bet, and possibly caicedo, who is another young player with a lot of potential

we also have poch, who is a player that works very well and develops young players very well

there's no reason to be sold this year

nor can the club lose another central defender and be busy trying to hire another one. we have other priorities

5 hours ago, Jype said:

Unless we can pull off a keeper like Diogo Costa or Mike Maignan then I'm fine with Kepa for one more season.

He's gotten over the lowest of the lows and while he is by no means great, last season he also wasn't even half as bad as some are making him out to be.

We're never going to win the title or anything significant with Kepa between the sticks but that's hardly going to be our level next season anyway and Kepa on last season's form is IMO good enough for a team challenging for the European places.

I feel like we either need a WC GK or CF during this window. If we fail to sign either, it will come back to haunt us before Christmas.

What we need is a top quality keeper near 30 years old who we can have around for minimum  2 years to maximum 5 years to see how Slonina develops. Valencia keeper would be great but he’s only 4 years older than Gaga who is supposed to be our future.

7 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

What WC CF is out there who's remotely available at the moment? 

Osimhen. Not only is he the perfect fit, but he would actually love to play for the club and follow in his idol's footsteps (Drogba).

There's no point going on about price at this point when Mbappe will probably end up costing two or three times more when all is said and done. However, if the club really think Vlahovic is the solution, I'll be disappointed.

1 minute ago, bluesman2610 said:

What we need is a top quality keeper near 30 years old who we can have around for minimum  2 years to maximum 5 years to see how Slonina develops. Valencia keeper would be great but he’s only 4 years older than Gaga who is supposed to be our future.

Bono is literally the answer. It all comes down to how set he is on remaining in Spain.

Edited by LAM09

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Osimhen. Not only is he the perfect fit, but he would actually love to play for the club and follow in his idol's footsteps (Drogba).

There's no point going on about price at this point when Mbappe will probably end up costing two or three times more when all is said and done. However, if the club really think Vlahovic is the solution, I'll be disappointed.

I also rate Kolo Mauni because he scores but also assists a lot and having a pairing of him with Nkunku could yield a devastating partnership.

8 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

I also rate Kolo Mauni because he scores but also assists a lot and having a pairing of him with Nkunku could yield a devastating partnership.

Do Haller and Jovic ring any bells? I'm sceptical about attackers coming from Germany in general, as most have failed to show up after making the move in recent times.

Dzeko and Son are the only two that come to mind who were exceptions. 

Edited by LAM09

16 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Do Haller and Jovic ring any bells? I'm sceptical about attackers coming from Germany in general, as most have failed to show up after making the move in recent times.

Dzeko and Son are the only two that come to mind who were exceptions. 

Haaland?

Just now, Gundalf said:

Haaland?

I actually forgot about him, tbh. He was a top prospect going back to his time in Austria, so he seemed like a nailed on success. His numbers last season exceeded most people's expectations.

Let's see if that continues. 

Kolo Muani for me has the sort of skill set that would translate well in any league. I wouldn’t be concerned about him. 

Osimhen on the other hand I would be uneasy about spending £100+ million on. 

16 minutes ago, lluubbeenn said:

Colwill has all the power on the negotiating table. He will push for guaranteed games and bigger salary. If he says “Come on Chelsea” he looses leverage. 
Two weeks from now we will know the truth.

I mean, he’s under contract for effectively 3 more years, right? So he doesn’t actually have any leverage. He could be an absolute asshole and demand that he’s sold under any circumstances but we’d still have the final say.

2 hours ago, Mário César said:

we have already sold koulibaly and next year thiago silva will no longer be here.

what else does he want?

we have three good central defenders with a lot of potential.

what else does he want?

Maybe more assurances about the project?

Let's be frank. A lot of our players were wholeheartedly ready to jump ship.

That's one of the reasons why we've had such an easy clear-out this season.

Yes, we can say these players needed to go, and so, fuck em.

But the thing is Clearlake & Co. have a lot to make up for after last season.

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Bono is literally the answer. It all comes down to how set he is on remaining in Spain.

I have been saying his name so much - I rate him highly but I don’t want to sound like I’m beating a dead horse. Plus it seems they guys in charge aren’t even looking at Sevilla situation in a way that would benefit the squad.