Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

28 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I have seen this lineup on twitter and many Chelsea fans think it is good enough, some here may also believe that.

Jackson

Mudriyk/Sterling…….Nkunku——Madueke

Eno——Caicedo

Chilly—-Colwill——-Silva——James

Kepa

This imo is not good enough, especially in attack way too many unknowns. Jackson, Mudriyk, and Madueke they have potential but at this point that is way too risky to think they will all come good.

ofc is not good enough

we need another striker, another winger and a goalkeeper

with these three new players we have a decent line up, ready to fight for the top four.

3 hours ago, Jype said:

Unless we can pull off a keeper like Diogo Costa or Mike Maignan then I'm fine with Kepa for one more season.

He's gotten over the lowest of the lows and while he is by no means great, last season he also wasn't even half as bad as some are making him out to be.

We're never going to win the title or anything significant with Kepa between the sticks but that's hardly going to be our level next season anyway and Kepa on last season's form is IMO good enough for a team challenging for the European places.

He actually had some games where he made a lot of saves. Obviously can be upgraded on but he isn’t like Karius was at Liverpool when they upgraded to Alisson.

CF and CM should be priority. After that then maybe a Thiago Silva long term replacement and a GK.

4 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Doesn't look like he's fully committed to coming back in all honesty. If he was, he would just say it outright. He needs to earn his position.... it's not a God given right lad.

Yeah, that was kinda cringe and a bit concerning, huh? Don’t know if it’s because he set roots down in Brighton and wants to stay there or he’s had his head turned by someone else.

Up to Poch and the club to convince him about his place here.

19 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Hopefully he doesn't think he can just waltz in to the starting eleven as everyone needs to earn their spot. Also for him to get the chance to learn and play alongside one of the best still around is something that one shouldn't pass up on.

15 minutes ago, DDA said:

Doesn't look like he's fully committed to coming back in all honesty. If he was, he would just say it outright. He needs to earn his position.... it's not a God given right lad.

100% , quite sad to see someone who is a ‘Chelsea lad’ vs someone who was in the Spurs academy, and the latter being more excited.

we’ve all given our new ownership stick but objectively the new board/management seem to be doing things right, if slowly. The reality is that I don’t see any other team investing/who invested the money we did, rightly or wrongly, ambition is ambition, and we’re honing in on translating that in alot of areas of the club. Will it be overnight? No, but go play for Brighton or someone else and I’d be confident in a few years we’ll look back at this blip, won’t we Mason.

21 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, that was kinda cringe and a bit concerning, huh? Don’t know if it’s because he set roots down in Brighton and wants to stay there or he’s had his head turned by someone else.

Up to Poch and the club to convince him about his place here.

I respect his talent, but this is another Mount story in the making - people loosing their shit over him, calling him "future captain" and biggest Chelsea talent, while he himself can't be bothered much and is sending signals since like 7 months he is one foot in freaking Brighton lol.

I can somewhat understand he needs to be careful with his career at this stage and this is mostly the question of reassurance and level of trust that Clearlake season 2 feat. Poch is generating in players of all things. Hell, I can't even say how trustworthy it is to me and I am no one.  And yeah, he may need to earn his spot, but not like we do not have history of freezing out players for months because f***k them, like Tomori, Mendy, DDA, or Chucka, who barely licked the pitch. We had all the possibilities to give players chance to impress under Lamps 2.0, yet we didn't, so I doubt Poch will be more likely to take risks when starting clean slate.

Edited by Vegetable

I don't know what to think about the lewill situation.

I understand he is focused on his career, but he will have a place in the squad next year and Chelsea is much bigger than brighton. 

I don't understand your doubts honestly 

it's clear he won't have his rightful place, but this goes for any player in the squad.

he has to show he deserves to play.

if you are afraid of competitiveness...

1 minute ago, Mário César said:

I don't know what to think about the lewill situation.

I understand he is focused on his career, but he will have a place in the squad next year and Chelsea is much bigger than brighton. 

I don't understand your doubts honestly 

it's clear he won't have his rightful place, but this goes for any player in the squad.

he has to show he deserves to play.

if you are afraid of competitiveness...

He wasn't even a starter for Brighton, he doesn't want to stay not because of fighting for a starting place but because he doesn't believe shit in this project and because last year when he wanted to stay and fight for his place we almost binned him completely.

2 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

He wasn't even a starter for Brighton, he doesn't want to stay not because of fighting for a starting place but because he doesn't believe shit in this project and because last year when he wanted to stay and fight for his place we almost binned him completely.

That’s the vibe I get too. He probably thought he was ready for Chelsea last summer but we tossed him to Brighton as a favor to Brighton for Cucu. He then went on to have a very successful campaign there and is probably settled.  At least I hope that’s all it is. Because with a new manager his situation can be improved. 

If this is another Mount situation and he’s had whispers in his ear from another massive team (Klopp at Liverpool in this case) then this can be a big problem.

let’s not read too much into one clip. Does not look enticing but he might just be annoyed at being filmed or whatever. What counts most is how committed he is on the pitch. If our project becomes successful a lot of doubt will be evaporate. Still would obviously prefer if Noni had not even seen the need to get this commitment out of Levi.