Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

It doesn't but playing in the PL also has no guarantees as we found have found out multiple times in the last couple of years alone.

What excites me about Nkunku is not only his skillset but his big game record, he has an excellent record vs Bayern, PSG and City and not only that has turned up in their last two Cup finals.

At this point is he any more of a gamble than gambling on Havertz gaining true consistency in this league at the 4th time of asking? Or Mount's bad form being that instead of Dele Alli/Oscar esque early decline? And I say this as someone who would have liked to have seen them under Pochettino (who will be the best manager we've had in a long time in terms of allowing young or young ish players to build momentum).

oh wow Dele Alli! forgot about him, but honestly I think Mount has already done more than him 10x over.

I'm actually more worried about Sterling being an Oscar: ran into the ground by City's relentlessly demanding tactics

One month or so ago everyone was posting lists of 15-20 players we should move on. And the narrative was most of them were not possible to sell because of their high wages and our shit board. Now the unmovable players are sold for ok money and we start complaining about the quality of our squad. We can’t have it both ways. 
We will have a new manager and more or less half a new squad. Is this risky? Of course, but is freaking exciting. Let’s support the boys and march on!

47 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

oh wow Dele Alli! forgot about him, but honestly I think Mount has already done more than him 10x over.

I thought we gonna stop with this fata morgana opinions on Mount now when he is leaving and showing true colors.

Dele Alli stopped existing in football pretty much last 3 seasons but before that concluding with 19/20 season (just when he turned 24) he had:

50 PL goals, just 18 in one season from AM role at the age of 20. 

PFA young player of the year 15/16 and 16/17. In both seasons he was also in PFA team of the season in PL.

Player of the month in PL: January 2017. Mount has none of this. 

And Mount is now 24 and a half and is on 27 PL goals. One season short of that Alli but lets agree he is not scoring 23 next season to reach him? Gonna be 20 goals short my prediction.

Alli is having more creativity from stats I am seeing regarding assists especially considering Mount assists majority are set pieces and Dele was always in the box waiting for Eriksen balls.

In CL they are almost identical minutes played (Dele played 14 mins more) and Alli has 1g and 2a more.

And in the end I will put goals against big6: Alli 14 - Mount 2 goals. Dele just scored 5 against rock solid in defense Chelsea under Conte. 

So yeah, saying Mount done more than him 10x over could not be further from the truth. 

If we draw the line by their age of 24 Dele individually did more imo. Maybe someone can compare them but Mount did 10x more come on.

Alli disappeared after that, Mount still has time on his side but looking at last season it is easy to see why @Tomo mentioned Dele.

But biggest red flag for me about Mount and his future is not even his football but of the pitch stuff. I see him trying to be model, tiktoker etc... That takes so much energy, he is not completely focused on football.

I actually would not be surprised if his reason to push for Man. Utd move is that. They are bigger brand worldwide with more followers. This should be irrelevant but I imagine him seeing his England teammates Foden and Grealish having over 8m followers on instagram while he has just 5.7m is somehow upsetting to him. And Rashford has 16m. This things seem important to him and I think this is what he is chasing. 

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I thought we gonna stop with this fata morgana opinions on Mount now when he is leaving and showing true colors.

Dele Alli stopped existing in football pretty much last 3 seasons but before that concluding with 19/20 season (just when he turned 24) he had:

50 PL goals, just 18 in one season from AM role at the age of 20. 

PFA young player of the year 15/16 and 16/17. In both seasons he was also in PFA team of the season in PL.

Player of the month in PL: January 2017. Mount has none of this. 

And Mount is now 24 and a half and is on 27 PL goals. One season short of that Alli but lets agree he is not scoring 23 next season to reach him? Gonna be 20 goals short my prediction.

Alli is having more creativity from stats I am seeing regarding assists especially considering Mount assists majority are set pieces and Dele was always in the box waiting for Eriksen balls.

In CL they are almost identical minutes played (Dele played 14 mins more) and Alli has 1g and 2a more.

And in the end I will put goals against big6: Alli 14 - Mount 2 goals. Dele just scored 5 against rock solid in defense Chelsea under Conte. 

So yeah, saying Mount done more than him 10x over could not be further from the truth. 

If we draw the line by their age of 24 Dele individually did more imo. Maybe someone can compare them but Mount did 10x more come on.

Alli disappeared after that, Mount still has time on his side but looking at last season it is easy to see why @Tomo mentioned Dele.

But biggest red flag for me about Mount and his future is not even his football but of the pitch stuff. I see him trying to be model, tiktoker etc... That takes so much energy, he is not completely focused on football.

I actually would not be surprised if his reason to push for Man. Utd move is that. They are bigger brand worldwide with more followers. This should be irrelevant but I imagine him seeing his England teammates Foden and Grealish having over 8m followers on instagram while he has just 5.7m is somehow upsetting to him. And Rashford has 16m. This things seem important to him and I think this is what he is chasing. 

Creativity and flare whores 🙄 Deli Alli was shit because he wasn't competitive. Does not matter how creative he was if he can't compete at this level. Have you ever heard of Riquelme from Boca? watched him play plenty amazing to see wouldn't want him anywhere near Chelsea.

Mount won you silverware... I find it odd fans who don't like silverware. Like they want this or that player and don't even value the players who actually got them silverware and the biggest there is.

Edited by robsblubot

17 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

🙄 Mount won you silverware... I find it odd fans who don't like silverware. Like they want this or that player and don't even value the players who actually got them silverware and the biggest there is.

Thats just humans In general, they are never happy with what they have and always want more, then when they get more, they want more and more and more. There will always be players or player picked out and mocked, slated, half the time that player doesn't warrant the abuse, fans just want a new player in that position.

8 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Creativity and flare whores 🙄 Deli Alli was shit because he wasn't competitive. Does not matter how creative he was if he can't compete at this level. Have you ever heard of Riquelme from Boca? watched him play plenty amazing to see wouldn't want him anywhere near Chelsea.

Mount won you silverware... I find it odd fans who don't like silverware. Like they want this or that player and don't even value the players who actually got them silverware and the biggest there is.

Interesting thing is that Dele at the time had 2nd place with Spurs and two times 3rd place. In that 16/17 season when he scored 18 PL goals they finished with 86 points. So they were more competitive than Mounts Chelsea last 4 seasons in PL. 

It is team sport 11 vs 11. We are compering Mount vs younger Dele. Mount played zero contribution in us winning Super Cup and CWC, did not start any of 3 games. Number one reason we lost both Cup finals in 21/22 season.

So basically you are saying Mount is 10x better than Alli because he won his CL final and Dele lost his against Liverpool which started with penalty for Pool in first minute. Ok. Bertrand and Kalou also won their CL final with us. Should still be here.

The manner and level of hypocrisy here is legendary... all of a sudden Pulisic Mount Havertz Kovacic(throughout last season his head was not here at all) etc are now world beaters...while few pages back almost the entire forum want them sold...

Skills talents alone doesnt win you titles...that's why Enzo remains my favourite player you need passion grit desire competitiveness and consistency which all the players we have traded do not have. Even Felix that came here half way through the season gives more fuck that almost one-third of our squad...

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

you know we are reaching peak silliness when people are moaning for shitkickers like Pulisic and Lukaku to stay

It's not the outgoings that is the problem, it's the lack of quality replacements. Normally you get better players and then sell the ones you have, not clear entire squad and then think what can be macgyvered next. I'd say people will cry for Mudryk to be sold after they successfully cried for Pulisic to be sold, but it already happened after his second game or so, so like 😂 

(On the sidenote of Pulisic in particular, we went so downhill people expect him to fill Hazard's shoes, but let's not forget he was acquired as pretty much PR buy, likeable, well-headed squad player, sub at best, who made us multiple times the money was spent on him). 

And I'm far from being fooled that buying some exciting prospect from third New Zeland's division, who will join us in 7 years when they'll grow up is improving our squad now anyhow. We are going for another "downgrade to upgrade" cycle, but we had it already entire previous season, so it may be harsh. Besides, excluding James, who is the leader character of this team now? Vice captain? Kepa? Lol. Thiago is heading retirement sooner than later, he will be more Cahill senior this season I guess.

I agree this clearout is much needed, but doing it in headless rush and securing third-choice replacements on the go may end in tears again. Plus, let's not forget how huge percentage of players are performing great before joining and after leaving our club, but somehow not quite while they are here…

And yeah, a lot of relationships just washed up, Mount, Zyiech (why we bought him is beyond me), Lukaku, Kova etc don't want to be here and they lack engagement, but on what basis we rely on Madueke, Mudryk, half of Brighton team and mr Jackson to go full John Terry and fight for the badge, especially lacking leaders to ridiculous extent, I'm not quite sure…

Edited by Vegetable

Prime Alli shits on mount it isn’t even close. Mount did a good job overall and did contribute to us winning something but so did Oscar who was another middle of the road workhorse. 

2 hours ago, lluubbeenn said:

One month or so ago everyone was posting lists of 15-20 players we should move on. And the narrative was most of them were not possible to sell because of their high wages and our shit board. Now the unmovable players are sold for ok money and we start complaining about the quality of our squad. We can’t have it both ways. 
We will have a new manager and more or less half a new squad. Is this risky? Of course, but is freaking exciting. Let’s support the boys and march on!

Everyone? This board is not a single person, usually you have two groups of people with strong, polar opposite opinions with reactive group in the middle here. Which one gets more visible given time depends on the situation 🤪

12 minutes ago, lucio said:

0.1 billion for that bricklayer 😂 

They wanted 120 or even more from us, if I remember right?

Edited by Vegetable

Surely in isolation the departures of Kovacic, Mount, Kante and Havertz as well as Jorgi before look reasonable .

but all at once in this short time frame is worrying for several reasons. 

Disappointing and washed up or not, they were the ones our  younger players looked up to. They were mainstays of our teams last few seasons. Their departure will change squad dynamic fundamentally. Remains to be seen if for the better or worse . 

they clearly want to leave bc the club is in disarray. We have not managed to bind them to this club on an emotional and contractual level. Maybe the Chelsea family spirit of old is gone under the new management. But we also failed to renew when times were better to at least extract more money. 

Maybe they were not world beaters yet or anymore, they would still have been useful under Poch. the players we are replacing them with are young and unproven players. Higher ceiling or not, it is unlikely they will be better than their predecessors from the start. So yeah, top 4 will be an uphill struggle