Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Is Havertz getting married today or something?

Idk whos wedding it is but they are all there:

Kepas dancing 😂

Seems like hes the one getting married?

Edited by Gundalf

Ben Jacobs just said on twitter space that the fee for Ziyech will be around 10m€ and that Pulisic will rather be loaned than sold even tho Chelsea prefers a permanent deal but feel like there wont come any offers for that. 

Saw Barella trending on Twitter and clicked on it hoping it was something Chelsea related but instead all the posts are about Liverpool moving for him. Man, I really hope we don’t let him go there without fighting like mad. 

Really, we should be making him our primary midfield target before Caicedo when the prices being talked about are similar. 

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Saw Barella trending on Twitter and clicked on it hoping it was something Chelsea related but instead all the posts are about Liverpool moving for him. Man, I really hope we don’t let him go there without fighting like mad. 

Really, we should be making him our primary midfield target before Caicedo when the prices being talked about are similar. 

lets see what will happen but I don't see liverpool with budget to pay 90M for barella 

2 hours ago, JFKvsNixon said:

His bicycle kick against Spurs was the highlight of our season!

us buying him was one of the low points

along with CuCu

when we buy players I vehemently say NO on, they are always disasters

Donkeykaku, Drinkwater, Pulisic and Ziyech also come to mind

Koulibaly I was always concerned about his age and fitness. You could see the ability was still there  but he just was not able to play his athleticism-reliant game in PL which made him an absolute downgrade compared to Rüdiger who despite only 2 years younger is still in his prime.

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

us buying him was one of the low points

along with CuCu

when we buy players I vehemently say NO on, they are always disasters

Donkeykaku, Drinkwater, Pulisic and Ziyech also come to mind

Cucu was almost on a level with Lukaku, which I detailed in his thread before.  Pulisic, Ziyech and even Drinkwater I would say those were just gambles that did not pay off. Drinkwater would have been ok as squad player had he been able to just maintain his Leicester form. We just gave wages too high to shift him as his fitness went downhill. Ziyech was always a 50:50. If he were better at dribbling he might have compensated for his lack of pace like Mata did but he was just too one-dimensional. Pulisic always had the talent but was just made of glass. Don't think he would have ever become the world beater the US wanted him to be but without the injuries he surely would have at least reached consistent international class.

On a side note, happy for Kepa to tie the knot. Apparently his self-confidence is very reliant on his private life, so hopefully this makes him come back stronger next season. Granted, his arms wont grow any longer but if he just cuts the stupid errors he should not the main obstacle to top 4 if he just maintains the level of last season.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

his last 2 years with Napoli were up and down (I pulled him off my lists 2 years ago due to age and price)

plus the shit year with us

so

no

Absolutely agree. It puzzled me, why Chelsea would sign him. Might not have been extremely old, but he was extremely over the hill. But that said, I also never thought he was even close to warrant the hype he was receiving in serie a.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

On a side note, happy for Kepa to tie the knot. Apparently his self-confidence is very reliant on his private life, so hopefully this makes him come back stronger next season. Granted, his arms wont grow any longer but if he just cuts the stupid errors he should not the main obstacle to top 4 if he just maintains the level of last season.

All married mens arms grow,it's all the shopping we carry whilst our wives and children are free roaming what else to buy and she will have access to his millions so there's some hope..

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Kepa isn't a good GK. Saying stuff like this is just nonsense. Sure he may be someone who is better with confidence, but who isn't? Additionally, if he is so reliant on his performance in the work place on what is happening at home. I really fear. I mean, who hasn't been in an adult relationship, and one member has got upset with the other over slight grievance and given them the ol' slient treatment/made them to believe they aren't good enough/fulling the needs of the other?

If he is so relaint on that, marriage isn't going to save him past the honeymoon period (so let's say 6 months if they've not been together for very long.) 

That aside, Kepa is no way being saved from his limitations by being in a stable relationship. Just look at the stats of the guy. Even in his 'good periods' he is far too liable to being beaten by long shots to his corners and he is additionally poor in his ability to stop one on one's and deal with aerial balls if you take away his performances in La Liga were such things aren't played so much.

Sure he is good at 'springing up' - so he can do multi-save in the box - but that comes with most small GK's as there isn't so much of them to have to pick up. 

Kepa has been a bust since the day we brought him. The fact that people think he can become a GK that even teams in the 10-15 range in the PL think they can get by with is frankly laughable. 

Edited by King Kante

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Why we have this double standards? What happened to our ambition? 600m in last 12 months spent and surely we will spend another 200m now. Imagine Guardiola spending 800m in 14 months. That would be walk in the park title if not everyone would make fun of him. Yet we are here, everyone is like top4 would be amazing success after spending so much money never seen before. Sorry but with that money top4 should never be in question and title push is must. 

We are where we are and contemplating unrealistic goals can't help. No question, our squad should be a lot better considering the money spent. It isn't however, so we have to reconstruct. Soundly.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie