Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

We dont need a solid striker though or someone who could turn into a good one in 3 or 4 years, we currently need somebody who is good enough and ready to go. Obviously has to be the right player but I get the feeling this is another experimental signing.

A bit underwhelming to be honest but lets see he might surprise. Getting 12 goals in La Liga, where players like Joselu scored 16, Iglesias 15, Muriqi 15, Unal 14, Morata & Castellanos 13, Sorloth & Aspas 12 also… its hard to say if its promising or not.

Fully agree.

The squads already heavily populated with young players who “could be” good/top players. Plus with Broja here as well who Poch is keen to use this season by sounds of it, I don’t really get it. Why have 2 young CFs? Both at similar ages who both need to play regularly to kick on?

Unless he is some sort of world class must have player but honestly not sure…. Maybe he will surprise us but 12 goals last season in La Liga is hardly hugely impressive. I suppose its the risk we take.

At least he isn’t a £70-80m signing though. 

He just played minutes equal to 18 games. 

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

We dont need a solid striker though or someone who could turn into a good one in 3 or 4 years, we currently need somebody who is good enough and ready to go. Obviously has to be the right player but I get the feeling this is another experimental signing.

A bit underwhelming to be honest but lets see he might surprise. Getting 12 goals in La Liga, where players like Joselu scored 16, Iglesias 15, Muriqi 15, Unal 14, Morata & Castellanos 13, Sorloth & Aspas 12 also… its hard to say if its promising or not.

Fully agree.

The squads already heavily populated with young players who “could be” good/top players. Plus with Broja here as well who Poch is keen to use this season by sounds of it, I don’t really get it. Why have 2 young CFs? Both at similar ages who both need to play regularly to kick on?

Unless he is some sort of world class must have player but honestly not sure…. Maybe he will surprise us but 12 goals last season in La Liga is hardly hugely impressive. I suppose its the risk we take.

At least he isn’t a £70-80m signing though. 

I’ll just wait to see what the overall plan is for attacking signings this window. If he (plus Nkunku finally coming in) are our only 2 attacking signings after we lose Mount, Havertz, Auba, Ziyech, and Pulisic then I’ll be nervous entering the season.

You’d have to imagine 1 more is being bought. Whether that’s another forward or an attacking mid that can score goals.

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

He just played minutes equal to 18 games. 

Interesting.

Based off of WhoScored looks like he scored 10 of his goals when he started but his minutes also beg the question, is there a stamina issue there? Does he burn out quickly and need to be taken off? Or does he go missing and not contribute in other areas of the game and he is taken off for that? Poch could rectify the fitness granted as he is notorious for working players and getting fitness levels good. 

I think he missed 10 games also due to an injury which maybe played a part in reduced minutes. Thats what canned his move to Bournemouth also. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Think it was @Special Juan who mentioned Wirtz and Szoboslai yesterday as a replacement for Mount. We should absolutely try for one of those. If Poch wants his new version of prime Eriksen then Wirtz is perfect to play that role. If he wants an explosive attacker who can assist and score from midfield then we can reunite Nkunku with his Leipzig mate. 

I believe both have somewhat reasonable prices on their heads too.

16 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

150m to leave 😂 What an absolute parasite that chap is. Luckily we stay away from these mega greedy big ego superstars. Don’t think it makes a difference atm anyway. 

Agreed. Mbappe would be the proverbial cherry on the cake, but we don't have the cake at the moment.