Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

8 hours ago, Pizy said:

If Inter are THAT bad off financially why are we not going SUPER hard at Barella? And even Onana?

If Milan can be forced to sell their life long Milan fan golden boy Tonali because they need the money then surely Inter aren’t in a position to say no to a huge offer for their midfielder?

true, is actually that impossible to push very hard for Barella, even around 70-75 million?

Barella could be very awesome addition to our midfield, like a dream player. Barella is a unique, he is a workhorse with a lot of quality on the ball.
Just imagine Enzo and Barella playing together in the same team. Just wow

And if you combine that with an agile, combative, hardworking defensive midfielder like Lavia, our midfield setup would be even more formidable and incredibly competitive to any other midfield.

Picture in our mind some possible midfield lineup like this:
Enzo - Barella
Lavia

Add it with some youngsters (that still have some future here )like Chukwuemeka, Casedei, and Santos as backup options, our midfield would be incredibly exciting.

Edited by dimmas

17 hours ago, Pizy said:

Arse will be desperate to save face after chasing Rice HARD for months now. If we haven’t already sorted Caicedo I think we’ll miss out now. Us playing the patient game with him will probably bite us in the ass here.

Better go to Inter and offer £80m or more for Barella. 

yes!

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

yes!

Our dealings with Inter have been...weird to say the least.

Never gave a serious look-in for Skriniar last season, and not really linked with Barella.

The one thing I hope Boehly & co. improve upon is lining up a plan B or plan C option in case plan A doesn't work.

They tried to act quickly with Ugarte, but have taken their foot off the pedal since.

Maybe the reason for the slowdown is primarily to do with FFP, and they will up the ante with Caicedo next month, but if that also falls through, I hope they act quickly with other options like Barella.

12 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Our dealings with Inter have been...weird to say the least.

Never gave a serious look-in for Skriniar last season, and not really linked with Barella.

The one thing I hope Boehly & co. improve upon is lining up a plan B or plan C option in case plan A doesn't work.

They tried to act quickly with Ugarte, but have taken their foot off the pedal since.

Maybe the reason for the slowdown is primarily to do with FFP, and they will up the ante with Caicedo next month, but if that also falls through, I hope they act quickly with other options like Barella.

I (as is surely well known by now) prefer Barella over Caicedo anyway, I have wanted Barella since his Cagliari days

I do rate Caicedo as well though

54 minutes ago, DDA said:

Tchouameni? 

Barella?

Or 

Caicedo ?

No way we are getting Tchouameni off of Madrid. Not a chance in hell.

Depending on the Rice deal (if he goes to City cannot see us getting Caicedo as we have to offload guys to compete in that price range), even getting Barella would be difficult.

Particularly as the reports were that after Newcastle were apparently looking at him for £50m, that their valuation of him was at least double if not triple that. Lukaku & Chalobah may sweeten the deal but it remains to be seen if Inter or the players really that keen on actually leaving. 

13 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Sounds like their interest has cooled down. He's likely not very popular with inter fans right now eh.

I am pig-sick of this bloke right now. he acts like a 5 year old having a temper tantrum. Worse signing ever

56 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

If Boehly fucks this up gonna be so angry, sell him already.

I think we have to allow the negotiators to do their work.

When we are chasing a player, I often read opinions which say something like, "Stop low balling and just pay the asking price." Then, when we are selling, we get, " Stop messing about, and just take what we're offered." Those two points of view seem a bit contradictory to me.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

8 hours ago, shrenshah said:

Kylian mbappe to real madrid almost done at 250mn euros (incl 50m addons)

Time to raid madrid for Tchouamemi

Has he lived up to billing sufficiently well to command the kind of fee Madrid would no doubt want?

(Just to be clear this is a question, not an opinion.)

Edited by OhForAGreavsie