Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

33 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He made mistakes in important matches (against Sevilla, IIRC, and the FA Cup final, to name two). It's widely reported they want a new number one, & if the Onana news is true, it would make sense due to his Ajax connections.

Ten Hag had a falling out with him at Ajax I think.

Either way I'd be gutted if he goes to a rival and we end up with another season of Kepa, I may be in the minority but I really rate him (and an avid serie A Milan supporter friend I have has validated my view).

“In the coming weeks…”

Bruh, he could be long gone by then. 🤦‍♂️

Seems we genuinely aren’t close to a midfielder yet. Was the entire structure of the hierarchy at the club working on Ugarte? If Rice gets snapped up by one of Arse or City over the next week or so the loser of that battle will surely go for Caicedo. Not to mention United and Liverpool are probably keen.

If he’s the dude Poch wants then get it done ASAP. Don’t fuck around for another few weeks.

38 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Uhhh, weekS 😨

That will test a lot of peoples patience 😳

Am I the only one to consider Caicedo massively overrated? 

Alas, full steam ahead into the Brighton trap again. Some ppl just never learn. 

5 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Not sure whether overrated is correct, but he's certainly overvalued in my opinion by being at a fellow Premier League club.

All the figures being placed on the likes of Caicedo and Rice this summer though, I think should solidify the belief that we actually picked Enzo up at the right time and I think if we were sitting here this summer having not signed him in January, his price wouldn't be too dissimilar at a £80-100m bracket. Paying a bit of a premium to get him in January I think looking now in hindsight was the correct move. 

Ultimately we need a partner for him, but I think there are more options available for his partner, than there would be if we had to find his alternative which is why I'm fairly calm about it all currently. 

8 minutes ago, didi007 said:

No

He's a complete midfielder dominating the most difficult league in the world based on his attributes which aren't relied on a system. 

Given how Enzo turned out and Casadei+Santos developing at a rapid rate, I trust the new recruitment team on their analysis of midfielders. 

36 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

He’s basically a “Kante Lite” in my eyes. Very similar games from what I’ve watched but of course not at peak Kante level yet. 

Hard to really judge whether he’s overrated. I don’t really see people hyping him up as if he’s a superstar or anything. Most just think he’s a really, really solid player who can become world class. Which I think is fair.