and

Giorgi Mamardashvili

#25 Giorgi Mamardashvili

Giorgi Mamardashvili
  • Date of birth/Age: Sep 29, 2000 (22)
  • Citizenship: Georgia Georgia
  • Height: 1,97 m
  • Position: Goalkeeper

Marmadashvili seems to be the alternative to Onana according to Nizaar Kinsella. 

I don't really follow Serie A, but remember from Ajax times that Onana wasn't quite much less prone to crazy blunders than Kepa at his Benny Hill moments. Did he fix it in Italy (not even going into comparing SA to PL) or we are set onto another shithousery?

2 hours ago, Vytis33 said:

I like the complete carelessness. Just no fucks given, just throw money at it till another washed up dud shows up in the dessert. I also like how they allow him to choose a side. As if K2 has a favourite Saudi club 😂

This is why no one will ever give a shit about Saudi league now or in 10 yrs , cos they do not even give one themselves. 

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I like the complete carelessness. Just no fucks given, just throw money at it till another washed up dud shows up in the dessert. I also like how they allow him to choose a side. As if K2 has a favourite Saudi club 😂

This is why no one will ever give a shit about Saudi league now or in 10 yrs , cos they do not even give one themselves. 

Newcastle (PIF) have 75% stakes in four of the sides in Saudi. Most players want to go here 

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Watch us.
He is on insane wages. The entire footballing world has witnessed what a shit and toxic player he is plus he has declared to only want to stay at inter. Why should they even bid a penny? They will give us a symbolic 10m or so just so we can save a bit of face. 

Conte told Costa he doesn't count on him next season in summer 2017 and Diego said he only wants only Atletico. Marina got around 60m for him. 

27 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

100% trying to long this out toward end of June when we need our accounts submitted in the hope we panic and submit to a lowball bid, yawn. From what I was listening to on a podcast at the weekend our financial situation isn’t dire nor do we NEED to submit by end of June or sanctions incoming, the club would prefer to register the money this year, not a ‘we must’.

Regarding these Saudi links, they've shown so far that they're willing to throw massive wages at players but I've not seen any suggestions yet that they're willing to throw big transfer fees out there for players under contract (like China did a few years back for example).

If they are, they could well end up being the answer to our prayers with regards to Koulibaly, Auba and Lukaku.

6 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

100% trying to long this out toward end of June when we need our accounts submitted in the hope we panic and submit to a lowball bid, yawn. From what I was listening to on a podcast at the weekend our financial situation isn’t dire nor do we NEED to submit by end of June or sanctions incoming, the club would prefer to register the money this year, not a ‘we must’.

This makes sense. The people in charge of the club eat, breathe, and sleep money. It would be a shock if they didn't have this covered. Do you remember the podcast name? I'd like to give it a listen.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Conte told Costa he doesn't count on him next season in summer 2017 and Diego said he only wants only Atletico. Marina got around 60m for him. 

Marina did.  But where is she now

we were on way better terms with Atlético than with inter now

54 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

This makes sense. The people in charge of the club eat, breathe, and sleep money. It would be a shock if they didn't have this covered. Do you remember the podcast name? I'd like to give it a listen.

I think I heard June 30th being a soft deadline, meaning club will likely be offered weeks/months afterwards to finalise dealings that could be accounted for the 2023 season. 

18 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

True but is he as good as Reece? Or Mase?

I think he needs a bit more time - could be argued Reece and Mase were thrust in due to the transfer ban but would of made the cut eventually IMO (particularly if Sarri stayed) as their talent was evidently clear but there was also frustrating moments with both.

Casadei is definitely a different level to what they were, as in a step below and he played in a side that got relegated, not promoted/in the running for it. He is probably someone who may need to take a bit longer, like Conor Gallagher maybe, who for me was always going to need another season on loan after Palace but we kept him and look how his season panned out/the perception of him. Wasn’t ready. May never be ready.

I think Poch will maybe use him preseason like he will use a lot of players but if a good championship loan comes up where he is 90% likely to play every game in comparison to a Villa/Brighton where he would more than likely be a squad/rotation player, then its clear which is better. The boys only 20. 

People need to think about taking this using him to acquire Caicedo idea out of the equation and look at if Brighton is realistically a team he can break into? I don’t see it. From what I’ve seen he is physically good but maybe the technical and tactical side of things, could be improved upon. Maybe playing there he would learn it but wouldn’t think he would be a regular there. Plus they are usually 3 or 4 steps ahead recruiting wise and I’d imagine they will know who to get/have similar players lined up for Caicedo’s departure and Mac Allister already.

Mount had a solid spell in Holland before joining Derby, so he had a decent amount of experience behind him prior to his first-team berth. I'd say not yet. We also have to remember that Casadei joined Reading in Jan rather than last summer, so their finishing position shouldn't have much relevance to this discussion. 

I think one of our three young CMs will stay put this summer (Carney being the least likely) should our clear-out go as expected. If he isn't the one, we need to make sure the right loan move is lined up, as we've sent too many players out on loan over the years that have just sat on someone else's bench; have a look at CHO, for example.

They bought Ayari in Jan who will most likely fill in the void left by either player. 

So in the same morning we’ve got one report saying “don’t be surprised if Kepa remains Chelsea’s starting keeper” and another that says Lukaku may be welcomed back. Can you even imagine if we line up on match day 1 with Lukaku (a striker who has failed here TWICE and has stated numerous time he doesn’t want to come back) lumbering around the pitch and T-Rex arms Kepa in goal?

After all the hype and reporting that a new #9 and a new #1 being the top priorities this summer, if we don’t get either I will have ZERO hope whatsoever of us challenging for the top 4.