Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

14 minutes ago, Artandur said:

If Kova leaves we'd certainly need 2 midfielders though. We cannot count Kante in any squad planning sadly

I can’t see us buying 2 very expensive midfielders. Perhaps if Lavia is cheap due to Southampton going down.

Enzo, new DM, Kante, and Chukwameka seems fine for a season without any Europe. 

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I can’t see us buying 2 very expensive midfielders. Perhaps if Lavia is cheap due to Southampton going down.

Santos over Chuk 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

We also have Casadei. 

Just now, LAM09 said:

We also have Casadei. 

True. And Santos as mentioned above who I forgot about.

Not sure it’s worth having either of those two in the first team squad, though. What they need most is to be playing every week and developing, not sitting on our bench. Whilst Poch is great with young players and training with loads of top players would be great for them, going out on loan will probably be best.

If we can get Santos in particular on loan to a top Portuguese club for a season it could do wonders.

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Seems Caicedo is the CM the club wants according to Romano. 

I've come around to Caicedo now. It's been a long time since we have had a beast DM. I almost don't remember the last time the team's midfield was not regularly by-passed. Only for a little period during Tuchel-ball was the team compact.

39 minutes ago, Pizy said:

True. And Santos as mentioned above who I forgot about.

Not sure it’s worth having either of those two in the first team squad, though. What they need most is to be playing every week and developing, not sitting on our bench. Whilst Poch is great with young players and training with loads of top players would be great for them, going out on loan will probably be best.

If we can get Santos in particular on loan to a top Portuguese club for a season it could do wonders.

We tried getting a work permit for Santos in Jan, so I'm guessing all intentions are to bring him here as soon as possible. 

Whatever ends up happening, there has to be an actual plan in place for these youngsters: loan them out to develop elsewhere prior to giving them a chance here, or sell them should they fail to live up to their potential. I never want to see scenarios similar to Piazon or Baba again. 

I like Vlahovic’s game more than Osimhen’s (better all around footballer) but there’s just something about him that makes me think he’d flop here. Reminds me a lot of Morata in that the supreme talent is there but he doesn’t have that killer in him.

Hasn’t really come close to living up to the hype since moving to Juve, either. 

41 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Why is Onana even being linked away from the CL finalists? Especially having just recently moved there. 

Because a bigger club are after him 🥷