Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

19 minutes ago, Amad_diallo said:

Feel sorry for him, but he's a victim of the new ownership. Seen something in the news that a reunion with Tuchel. Wouldn't be a bad idea considering Manuel neuer's injury

How exactly is he the victim of the new ownership? Are we just going to pretend his performances in 2022 weren't absolute shite and that he was unfairly dropped when Potter came in?

Due to his continuous mistakes there were lots of people screaming for Kepa to play even when Tuchel was still in charge but the managerial change just made the decision a lot easier.

The only one to be blamed for Mendy not playing is Mendy himself.

The way the papers and media portray it, you'd think Chelsea are in financial crisis and having to conduct a "fire sale" of its best players.

We have a first team squad of over 30 players. Add to this the impending arrivals of Gusto and Nkunku, and potentially Andrey Santos. Add to this emerging young talent like Omari Hutchinson and Lewis Hall. Add to this a number of players coming back from loan spells in the summer, some of which will have a real possibility or hope of being involved in the first team set up next season - Lukaku, CHO, Sarr, Ampadu, Colwill, Maatsen. 

We are genuinely going to be looking at a squad come the summer to decide upon of 35-40 players. I would expect as a minimum a quarter of that group to be sold in the summer. 10 players at an average of £10-15m would be £100-150m in player sales and should not be difficult, and if someone like Mount was sold at a fee around £50m then that figure would be well within the low end of an estimate. We raised about £45m in this last season selling Werner, Batsman, Gilmour, Emerson and then Jorginho with 6 months left.  

1 hour ago, Superblue said:

The way the papers and media portray it, you'd think Chelsea are in financial crisis and having to conduct a "fire sale" of its best players.

We have a first team squad of over 30 players. Add to this the impending arrivals of Gusto and Nkunku, and potentially Andrey Santos. Add to this emerging young talent like Omari Hutchinson and Lewis Hall. Add to this a number of players coming back from loan spells in the summer, some of which will have a real possibility or hope of being involved in the first team set up next season - Lukaku, CHO, Sarr, Ampadu, Colwill, Maatsen. 

We are genuinely going to be looking at a squad come the summer to decide upon of 35-40 players. I would expect as a minimum a quarter of that group to be sold in the summer. 10 players at an average of £10-15m would be £100-150m in player sales and should not be difficult, and if someone like Mount was sold at a fee around £50m then that figure would be well within the low end of an estimate. We raised about £45m in this last season selling Werner, Batsman, Gilmour, Emerson and then Jorginho with 6 months left.  

Yeah, this summer is going to be utterly insane. It’s going to make last summer and the January window look tame and those were already crazy.

We’re probably going to have to be patient when it comes to bringing in any expensive targets like a new midfielder and striker. We 100% have to sell a load of players not just to raise funds but as you said to simply make room.

Have to hope that our rivals don’t rapidly scoop up all of our main targets before we get a chance to move for them ourselves. Unfortunately, I think the market for the top striker we need could be dry by the time we’re in position to act. So hopefully we don’t do something ridiculously dumb like panic buying Tammy back for a silly fee late in the summer. He’s not good enough.

3 hours ago, Superblue said:

Add to this a number of players coming back from loan spells in the summer, some of which will have a real possibility or hope of being involved in the first team set up next season - Lukaku, CHO, Sarr, Ampadu, Colwill, Maatsen. 

Of those players I would expect only Colwill to have a solid chance of making the squad. Maatsen is an interesting player but since we already have Chilwell, Cucurella and Hall I don't see him making it, unless something drastic happens such as Chilwell demanding a move to City or somehow managing to cut our losses with Cucurella at a decent value. The rest aren't good enough and in Lukaku's case there are too many burnt bridges for him to still come back.

But yeah either way like you said there are going to be lots of players leaving, both from the loanee group as well as the current first team squad.

For me, these are the almost certain ones to go:

• Azpi
  • Sarr
  • Ampadu
  • Maatsen
  • Bakayoko (finally)
  • Hudson-Odoi
  • Aubameyang
  • Pulisic
  • Ziyech
  • Zakaria (loan expires)

Of this group I would be surprised, and in some cases also disappointed, if more than two of them stayed beyond the season.

This bunch won't get us big fees but just clearing all their costs off the books would already be good business. Azpi, Auba and Bakayoko will probably have to be given free transfers to attract interest in them but as long as their wages get off the salary bill it will be good. If we can find buyers for Sarr and Ampadu then maybe £5M each? Maatsen should definitely go for a minimum £10M based on his good performances this season for Burnley.  CHO, Pulisic and Ziyech are kind of hard to estimate because we don't yet know how many clubs will be interested in them but £10-15M each should definitely be a realistic value to expect. Let's say £50M for the whole lot which should be on the safe side of things.

Should we manage a clean break and get rid off all of them, that would mean around £40-50M a year off the salary bill and also £25M a year saved in amortisation costs. Remaining book values for this lot is somewhere in the region of £30M (for Pulisic, Ziyech, Aubameyang) so anything above that overall for these players would also net the club a one-off 'profit' on the books for the next financial year. Add up all the figures together and it's already the loss of next years CL revenue covered, assuming the club can pull off these departures and we don't get stuck with them which would be terrible.

The secondary group of potential departures:

• Mendy
  • Chalobah
  • Kovacic
  • Mount
  • Gallagher
  • Loftus-Cheek

Of the second group some will definitely still be at the club next season but I would expect at least a few of them to go as well. These are the players who can bring in the most money if sold. Four of them are academy graduates whose fees would be pure profit on the books and in the cases of Mendy and Kovacic their remanining book values are far lower than the prices we could get for them if they're put on the market.

If for example Mendy, Mount and Gallagher got sold for a total of £90M (divide that how you will) that would be around £80M pure profit as well as reducing salary costs by another £10M a year.

Overall across both groups there's lots of players who should, at least on paper, attract plenty of interest and decent enough fees to cover for the loss of UCL footy next year as well as reduce costs significantly going forward. How it all plays out in real life remains to be seen though, since every club now knows we need a significant amount of sales to both balance the books and also trim down the squad size so there's going to be a lot of haggling and lowballing for sure.

21 hours ago, Amad_diallo said:

What's The point of buying all these top talents and players If we dont have a competent coach. Imagine what Tuchel or Conte would have accomplished with this group.

Conte would spend the whole time moaning like a bitch. 

Conte spat in the face of every single supporter with his behaviour (especially the ones who travelled to City) and people want him back, wheres the self respect? I'd rather have Piers Morgan as manager than that maniac back.

Edited by Tomo

20 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Conte would spend the whole time moaning like a bitch. 

Conte spat in the face of every single supporter with his behaviour (especially the ones who travelled to City) and people want him back, wheres the self respect? I'd rather have Piers Morgan as manager than that maniac back.

If we wanted youth why didn't we went for Bielsa? He was good at that, and producing good futbol.

That being said, I'm bum we will miss out on Nagelsman. He is the type of coach we need instead of Potter. 

21 hours ago, Jype said:

How exactly is he the victim of the new ownership? Are we just going to pretend his performances in 2022 weren't absolute shite and that he was unfairly dropped when Potter came in?

Due to his continuous mistakes there were lots of people screaming for Kepa to play even when Tuchel was still in charge but the managerial change just made the decision a lot easier.

The only one to be blamed for Mendy not playing is Mendy himself.

Is he even dropped? Not injured? He started the last PL-game before World Cup, he hasn't been around since.

46 minutes ago, Fernando said:

If we wanted youth why didn't we went for Bielsa? He was good at that, and producing good futbol.

That being said, I'm bum we will miss out on Nagelsman. He is the type of coach we need instead of Potter. 

I want nagelsman, the thing i miss about Tuchel was when the team was on form we pressed very well, Potter combines the worst of Tuchel.

Enrique or Nagelsman would my top 2 choice.