Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

50 minutes ago, Vesper said:

SKRINIAR TELLS INTER HE WILL NOT SIGN NEW CONTRACT

https://football-italia.net/skriniar-tells-inter-he-will-not-sign-new-contract/

h_57392952-703x400.jpg

According to Sky Sport Italia, Milan Skriniar has now informed Inter he will not sign the new contract proposal, so is open to evaluate all the other options.

The decision had been in the air considering the €6m plus add-ons proposal was on the table for several weeks with no response.

That does not mean that Skriniar is certainly leaving as a free agent when his current deal expires on June 30, however.

He has informed the club that at this moment he will not be signing the new contract proposal from Inter and will take some time to consider all the other options from different clubs.

Paris Saint-Germain have already offered significantly more, practically doubling the salary that Inter can stretch to, while Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea and more are also interested in his future.

Skriniar will now listen to the proposals and see what is out there before deciding what to do.

It is nonetheless a huge blow for Inter, who turned down offers from PSG reaching over €60m in the summer, as they were confident Skriniar would sign a new contract.

The club has made it clear this salary is the maximum they can offer and the contract will not be improved.

Do we need another CB?

27 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I don't think we are in for a CB any time soon with colwill coming back, we have fofana KK colwill the Monaco lad Chala Silva.

should never have purchased KK (nor Wesley Fofana) and instead went all out for Skriniar and Gvardiol

I have been advocating buying Skriniar for for years

these are the only right footed CBs I arte enough to buy (many are not available)

I leave multiple big names off this list as I am NOT convinced on them anymore or never were, especially for the money it would take

Rúben Dias (has had a tough year so far between injuries and a not airtight Citeh defence, with Rodri slumping as well and their fullbacks unsettled)
Matthijs de Ligt  
Marquinhos (we tried hard multiple season, he si not leaving PSG until he is post 30yo I wager)
Ronald Araújo (gutted when we failed on him, I rate him as equal to Skriniar, with potentially a bigger upside and is 4 years younger)
Milan Skriniar 
William Saliba 
Jurrien Timber 
Bremer 
José María Giménez  (not in bold due to bad injury record)
Robin Le Normand 
Mohamed Simakan (can play RB too, we fucked up, as he has now renewed, we would have RB fixed now if we had bought him, ffs)
Merih Demiral 
Giorgio Scalvini teen Italian
Ilya Zabarnyi    20yo Ukrainian
António Silva    Benfica teen, superb talent
Stefan de Vrij   (31yo now in two weeks, so only on a  free)
Zeno Debast   Belgian teen 
Maxence Lacroix  
Armel Bella-Kotchap 

left footers are far rare and we have two I rate (Badiashile and Colwill, and when Colwill turns 20 in a month, there are NO left-footed CBs who are teens that I know of who are worth buying other than strictly young, young youth prospects, none of whom are remotely a sure thing, players like 16yos Matai Akinmboni (a 1.88m yank, from Washington DC, was only 15yo a few months back, and already is playing in MLS), and the Belgian Ethan Butera of Anderlecht youth)

Josko Gvardiol 
Alessandro Bastoni (not leaving for sure)
Presnel Kimpembe   (turned us down, after thsi summer too old to be worth buying)
Nico Schlotterbeck 
Evan Ndicka   (Arse wants him on a free badly, he will be a menace there, ffs, Saliba and him a as a young, tall, athletic partnership for 7 or 8 years is not something that makes me happy)
Piero Hincapié  
Gonçalo Inácio  
Micky van de Ven   

2 hours ago, lucio said:

We don't  really have player power anymore this isn't 2011. Arguably only mount and James and they aren't going to be sold 

I think it's more the mentality players got when they came here, it was a known fact Roman didn't fuck about with sacking managers, so when players didn't like the manager they knew play shit and he's gone, the more players you get rid of the better, then you bring in new players with the idea if you play shit your gone we stand by our man.

1 hour ago, turgi said:

Do we need another CB?

I am ALL in for selling Trevoh and KK (that fucking wage for 4 years is a bitch to overcome though, what a disastrous summer 2021 window! 5 HORRID buys (CuCu (and for 62m fucking quid!), KK (and paying him £62m quid in salary over the course of FOUR years) Sterling (can still perhaps come good), Wes 'The Broken Boy' Fofana, and shitstick bad additude, aged-out Auba), it all ENRAGES me, has for 6 months or so now)

and buying Gvardiol and getting Skriniar on a free

all 3 of our left-footed CBs (so talking Colwill IF he sticks, Gvardiol, and Badiashile) at that point can play (and have played) in a centre of back 3, and also have played on the RCB spot in a  back 4 as well

Thiago is here 2 more years MAX (likely 1 more if that) and I do not have much confidence in Wes Fofana atm (subject to change) every recovering to pre Leicester catastrophic injury levels (when he WAS on verge of being world class, but now looks a pale shadow of that player)

20 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I think it's more the mentality players got when they came here, it was a known fact Roman didn't fuck about with sacking managers, so when players didn't like the manager they knew play shit and he's gone, the more players you get rid of the better, then you bring in new players with the idea if you play shit your gone we stand by our man.

Doubt players deliberately played like shit. And you can't keep getting new squads for the same manager , too expensive and at that point it's clearly the managers fault 

🚨 Christian Falk's Fact Files - Klopp's internal Bellingham talks, Arsenal have £100m Mudryk alternative, Newcastle's salary pitch to Dortmund star, and more

https://caughtoffside.substack.com/p/christian-falks-fact-files-klopps

Today's exclusive transfer round-up from Bundesliga insider Christian Falk, featuring Kai Havertz, Moussa Diaby, Piero Hincapié, Thomas Tuchel and more.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F3bfe7390-3d7d-41ac-a061-af309dfbbde2_400x400.jpeg
1 hr ago

Today’s top stories:

Arsenal

We know that Arsenal already had contact with Moussa Diaby for last summer, so he’s still on the list, just not for the winter. We heard Leverkusen don’t want to sell him. Perhaps if Arsenal have a lot of money somewhere, maybe £100m, Leverkusen would then have a discussion but I don’t think Arsenal can spend that, as we’ve seen from the amount they were prepared to pay for Mykhaylo Mudryk.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F18dd08d6-0e15-4a80-860b-b812a4b25122_5536x4058.jpeg

[Moussa Diaby has 12 goal contributions in 22 games - (Photo by Christof Koepsel/Getty Images)]

But they knocked on the door last summer, so I’m sure they’ll knock again next summer.

He’s still a hot topic at Newcastle but even they weren’t able to spend more than €70m. He’s really expensive and Leverkusen will keep hold of him if a crazy offer doesn’t arise.

I don’t see an offer coming about at this moment. Perhaps Liverpool will join the poker table at some point because he’s perfect for this team. But, for now, I don’t think there will be any movement on this front during the winter window.

Click here to get Fabrizio Romano’s exclusive insight into Arsenal’s plans around Wilfried Zaha amid transfer links with the Crystal Palace star.

Bayern Munich

It was a really interesting bit of poker between Bayern and Gladbach for the signing of Yann Sommer. At the weekend, there was an offer on the table from Bayern worth €4m plus €2m in add-ons; on Sunday it was €5m with €3m in add-ons; Monday a new offer of €6m with €2m in add-ons but Gladbach didn’t want to sell because they wanted to set up a transfer for Jonas Omlin.

There was then another call from Bayern Munich on Monday evening where they offered €8m plus €1m in add-ons. Overnight there was movement in terms of Gladbach’s pursuit of Omlin, culminating with an agreement arranged on Wednesday that saw them pay €8m and €1.5m in add-ons.

So, the roulette was running: Sommer to Munich and Omlin from Montpellier to Gladbach.

There were rumours at one point linking Guglielmo Vicario with Bayern Munich - I can say he was not in the conversation at any time. It’s not true.

Will Julian Nagelsmann bring in any further signings? I think it was very expensive for Bayern Munich because Manuel Neuer is one of the best earners in the league. They still have to pay his salary and that of Yann Sommer’s, who will earn about €5m a year, not forgetting either his contract lasting until 2025. There’s the transfer fee to consider too, so Bayern Munich won’t have money to buy a new player.

📰 Bayern Munich are showing interest in signing Chelsea’s Kai Havertz (FCB Inside, via CaughtOffside)

Borussia Dortmund

Youssoufa Moukoko has decided to extend his stay with Borussia Dortmund, signing a contract that will keep him with the club until 2026. The player will earn €6m per year on top of a €10m signing fee (with his agent, Patrick Williams, receiving a €5m fee), with the package totalling €33m.

It’s rumoured that Newcastle did offer to pay a €30m signing fee, plus a €10m salary to try and prise the player away from Dortmund.

Anthony Elanga is a serious option for Dortmund, he’s on the list, but they don’t have the money to buy him, so it would be a loan deal. The sporting director, Sebastian Kehl, can try to sell some players (like Thorgan Hazard) in the next six months to help fund a potential permanent deal for Elanga.

I heard there aren’t any talks yet, but the idea is there in Dortmund.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F2003d2a3-2775-4d55-8920-6660e352f302_3500x2333.jpeg

[Anthony Elanga in action for Manchester United - (Photo by OLI SCARFF/AFP via Getty Images)]

Chelsea

I think Todd Boehly will try to hold on to Graham Potter for as long as he can given how dissatisfied fans were with the decision to axe Thomas Tuchel.

If Potter doesn’t improve Chelsea’s form in the league, however, Boehly may be forced to look at alternative managerial options anyway.

We heard that already in the summer Chelsea knocked on Oliver Glasner’s door to see if there was any interest in joining the project in London as manager. It wasn’t so concrete and, in the end, they went with Potter.

That being said, Boehly will have been very impressed with how Glasner won the Europa League with Frankfurt. If he has to get rid of Potter, Glasner could be a viable option. It’s worth remembering that Chelsea’s technical director, Christopher Vivell, did originate from RB Leipzig.

When you’re coming from Red Bull’s coaching programme - everyone who graduates holds a special philosophy - as Glasner has, you tend to share a similar view to current and former employees of a Red Bull club. So, you see, Vivell and Glasner have the same view on football, which is one good reason as to why he could be a hot topic at Chelsea if Potter gets sacked.

There were many reports in England that Kai Havertz should be on the list of players that should be sold but the club and player know they have to find a solution together as he has a contract until 2025. They don’t want to get rid of him.

Chelsea are thinking of either giving him a new contract or selling him in the summer. Bayern Munich was considered a possible destination before they bought Sadio Mané. There were talks between the agents of Havertz and the club but back then he didn’t want to leave.

If he’s on the market, Bayern Munich will be on the table, but also Real Madrid who were always interested. He always thought of a potential move to Barcelona, though I’m not sure if they have the money to afford him.

Fabrizio Romano’s exclusive CaughtOffside update: “In terms of summer moves for previous targets like Declan Rice or Enzo Fernandez, we have to wait and see...”

READ FABRIZIO ROMANO'S FULL COLUMN

Germany

Fredi Bobic was considered as an option to take up the vacant sporting director role but the German FA couldn’t pay him.

Rudi Völler, the former Germany head coach (2000-2004), officially took up the position in question yesterday evening.

Liverpool

In Frankfurt, they haven’t received any offers yet for Jesper Lindstrøm. We know that Arsenal have been watching him. Liverpool would be a new player on the table (I’m not sure if they need a player like him in his position at the moment) but he’s an interesting player for Premier League clubs.

He has a contract until 2026, so everyone has to see how they want to spend their money in the summer.

It’s good for Liverpool if the talks for Jude Bellingham will take time. There aren’t any offers on the table for Dortmund at the moment, so Liverpool have time to find a solution.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F6d9b50f5-393a-437b-82ee-afb2f33a52b3_5331x3297.jpeg

[Jude Bellingham in attendance of Birmingham City’s clash with Reading - (Photo by Gareth Copley/Getty Images)]

I heard that Jürgen Klopp internally said he wants the player but he knows that if Bellingham moves for money Liverpool have no chance. If he bases his decision on the football philosophy, he sees a chance.

The club ultimately has to help him with a transfer fee and Liverpool has to make a decision if they want to stump up the money. If they can’t pay that, they’re out. Real Madrid aren’t doing so well in the league and have to do something and it’s worth remembering that they have more money.

I think Klopp will find a solution with the player about money but Liverpool has to find a solution with Dortmund about the money.

💬 Who should Liverpool sign instead of Jude Bellingham if they fail to land the Borussia Dortmund star? Let me know in the comments!

Manchester City

For İlkay Gündoğan, it’s very important that he continues to work with Pep Guardiola. So if the manager commits to several more years at Manchester City, he could certainly see himself staying put.

Otherwise, interest from Barcelona is an option for him as their footballing philosophy is considered a sound fit. I’ve also heard about interest from Juventus, which I don’t think will be the leading option, though an option nonetheless.

Manchester United

Manchester United is an option for Marco Reus. I heard there was a meeting between his agent, Dirk Hebel, and Erik ten Hag; they talked about Reus and Erik seemed to be interested. They have to see what happens in the summer but he’s an option as a potential free agent.

Erik is familiar with Marco’s quality, so this will be serious. No decision yet, of course.

I heard also that Hebel had talks with Manchester City - these weren’t particularly concrete, as City feel the player is too old.

Secondly, Hebel then travelled to London, so I wouldn’t be surprised to hear of any links in future between Reus and clubs based in the English capital.

📰 Manchester United are in advanced talks to offload Facundo Pellistri to Flamengo this month on a loan deal until the end of the season (O Jogo, via CaughtOffside)

Real Valladolid

There are some clubs that tried to get Rafael Borré on loan this winter. His former club River Plate and Tigres UANL were interested.

Frankfurt don’t want a loan deal but they would be prepared to sell him. They’re talking about €10m but there hasn’t been an offer on the table for such an amount.

Frankurt were a little surprised because there’s another agent they never heard of - Martin Araoz - who said that Borré is disappointed and wants to change clubs. But nobody knows him and nobody knows why he’s said he’s the player’s agent. It’s all a bit strange.

Schalke

I heard it’s concrete and there’s already an agreement between Schalke and Antwerp for Michael Frey. But Schalke doesn’t have a lot of money, so they’ve had to discuss a loan deal with an option to buy.

They have a bit of money because they sold Florent Mollet to Nantes for €1.5m, plus add-ons. They can’t afford more than a loan deal at the moment but they’re in a position because there is an agreement between player and club.

Thomas Tuchel

He’s very calm at the moment and is just seeing how things develop around him. I think Tottenham would be an interesting club for Thomas Tuchel but I’ve heard that Antonio Conte wants to stay another year.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F242f4753-572e-4e21-a59e-154cf015ff7e_3000x2001.jpeg

[Happier times for Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea, lifting the Champions League trophy in 2021 - (Photo by SUSANA VERA/POOL/AFP via Getty Images)]

Atletico Madrid is on the table for Tuchel but he’s also keeping an eye on what happens with Barcelona and Juventus. Every big club is going to think about serious managerial changes in the summer and there’s already plenty of interest in Tuchel from Europe.

💬 Would you like your club to hire Thomas Tuchel as manager? Let us know below!

Tottenham

Tottenham would be looking at a summer deal for Piero Hincapié. They did knock on Bayer Leverkusen’s door in the prior summer window but they want a lot of money for him. I heard that even a €40m offer last summer wasn’t enough.

I’m hearing that Tottenham will try again but that Chelsea and Arsenal are also keeping an eye on the player.

Click here to get Fabrizio Romano’s exclusive update on Tottenham’s pursuit of Pedro Porro!

READ FABRIZIO ROMANO'S FULL COLUMN

Thoughts on the Bundesliga

I think everybody has to watch how Bayern Munich’s Jamal Musiala develops - he could be the next big thing, which is why they’re trying to get him on a new contract as soon as possible (his current contract keeps him at Bayern until 2026).

Florian Wirtz is a player no Bundesliga club, other than Bayern, can afford because of his asking price. But Bayern have a lot of players already in his position so I think he could be very interesting for the Premier League.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

A loan for a midfielder is probably the best solution if Caicedo isn’t possible this window. Prevents us from spending silly money on some scrub and let’s us assess our options come summer.

I agree it seems to be the best option now, but the fact that we are in this situation definitely calls our priorities this window into question

17 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Have to admit hurts watching us spend a lot on Madueke and Mudryk, money that could've been used for Enzo.

those are not were the waste is/was at all.

It is the 5 disastrous summer 2022 buys

those fucked us on BOTH Enzo and Gvardiol

those 2 are 2 of the 10 actually available (so I cannot put Bruno Guimarães or Nicolò Barella on this list in fairness) to any degree AND potentially team systemic changer-level players out there

they are 2 or the top 4 in fact, the 4 that are leaps beyond the other atm

we have 2 of the 10 now (Felix and Nkunku) and 2 of the top 12 (adding in Mudryk)

Bellingham

Enzo

Gvardiol

Osimhen

Vlahovic

Leão (no longer a target for us I am sure as both he and Mudryk play the exact same position)

Skriniar

Oblak

Nkunku

João Félix

Khvicha Kvaratskhelia

Mudryk

there are two young players I rate(d) there too (to a teen degree of potential)

Arsen (fucking killing me we cannot buy him atm, GRRRRR, he is as close (as a teen) to a POTENTIAL version of de Bruyne as I have seen in the last 5 years or so)

Moukoko (BUT he might have been massively lying about his age, so until that is solved, he can sod off)

then the ones not at that level but still huge money needed (not including the still injured or too close to just coming back to buy players like Wirtz, Chiesa, and Oyarzabal)

Caicedo   
Moussa Diaby 
Bernardo Silva   
Leroy Sané 
Rice
Sergej Milinković-Savić
Matheus Nunes
Alexis Mac Allister 
Mikel Merino
Marcos Llorente  
Lautaro Martínez 
Jonathan David 
Ivan Toney
Aleksandar Mitrović
Giorgi Mamardashvili  

2 hours ago, lucio said:

Doubt players deliberately played like shit. And you can't keep getting new squads for the same manager , too expensive and at that point it's clearly the managers fault 

I definitely think in the past they have played bad on purpose 100% and you don't have to keep changing squads, you only have to do it once to change the mentality.