Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Thank you.

He demonstrates a good hit, but his m.o. looks very predictable in these videos.

Well for me his skillset is similar to Robben, apart that Madueke can do it with both legs (not saying hes gonna be as succesful). You know what hes gonna do, still its hard to stop. 

The video is also against Ajax. They know exactly what hes capable off. Still he makes it look easy after being out for 2 months. Thats why I know he can be great. Hes out for 3 months, doesnt need any rhythm and scores 2 against clubs like Ajax or AC milan just by surplus of talent. 

I honestly feel we wouldve sold him for 80 million if it wasnt for the injuries. I guess thats why you get half price. 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Honestly, if that deal was offered I’d take it. 🤣

A one year transfer ban after we’ve already completed our rebuild.

Wow, people are mega keen on Enzo. I can't remember the last time I saw such widespread and strong support for a transfer target on here.

3 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

Maximum is 4 loans per season but you can only register 2 on loan players at the same time. 

Read the last paragraph. This rule only counts for domestic loans between English clubs.

If it's true we're looking at the loan market for a midfielder, could it really be anyone other than Kessie or McKennie? Either would be underwhelming.

Edited by Jype

56 minutes ago, Sankaunited said:

Well for me his skillset is similar to Robben, apart that Madueke can do it with both legs

It was very encouraging to read your opinion that Noni is PSV's best since Robben. If anything, he looks more explosive in his final movement to create space and get his shot away. Noni also clearly has super timing and so strikes a ball very, very, cleanly.

For me Arjen was smoother and more heads up when carrying the ball. This made him a triple threat in attacking areas; create space for a strike at goal, dip a shoulder and head towards the goal line to deliver a cross, or pick a pass to a running teammate. Manduke may share this versatility, but I haven't seen it demonstrated as yet. I understand however that you are not claiming the youngster to be on quite the same level as the legend. 🙂

56 minutes ago, Sankaunited said:

The video is also against Ajax. They know exactly what hes capable off

This is exactly the issue. Ajax may be particularly aware of Noni's propensities, but I'm sure you'll agree that all opponents will have some knowledge of them. What he wants to do will show up glaringly when sides watch film in preparation to face him. They'll be ready for him so, as you say, it will come down to whether or not they can stop him. If he remains predictable stopping him can only be easier than it would be if he was less predictable, if he had more strings to his bow. 🙂

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

I just pray that these 2 new wingers can settle quickly. The deadliest attackers in the PL over recent years are those who are super athletic and extremely direct. Those that want the ball and love to run hard at opposing defenders. Salah, Mané, Diaz, Jota, Son, Saka, Martinelli. 

We haven’t had a truly great one since Hazard left. Pulisic when in very top form did it but those moments were unfortunately extremely rare. Timo was supposed to be the perfect direct, aggressive wide forward but well….

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Another PL club will definitely take a chance on CHO, just depends on whether he'd be willing to take a pay cut as no-one's paying him 120k a week

That's the worry. We dug ourselves a hole the moment we succumbed to his demands.

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

Pletti guy is friend with Vivell so this one might be reliable, hope Joao staying.

From our current attackers, he would be the last one I got rid of. (among CHO, Pulisic, Ziyech, Aubameyang, Lukaku, Sterling)

I want to see how he does for an offensive team. Especially no for 35M, would be a massive loss. Letting Werner go for 20 million and buy Auba for 15 was same stupid idea. If Bayern wants him they should pay good price. 

I wouldn’t sell Havertz either. Him no longer carrying the burden of being our primary goal scorer will do him wonders. It’s clear now that he’s never going to be a super prolific scorer in the PL. But he’s still a great guy to have as an option in the squad. He’s a good big game player as well who can pop up with important goals.

Pulisic, Ziyech, CHO, Auba can all go. Keep Kai.