Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 minutes ago, Sankaunited said:

I'm Dutch and a PSV supporter. Home and bored with the flu and so I got on a Chelsea forum. Hope you dont mind that I share my insight about Madueke as I obviously seen all his matches. 

I see quite a bit of negativity around this transfer which is fair when it comes to his history with injurys. Im honestly not sure if hes made for professional football. 

Talentwise. PSV had their fair share of talents going to the Premier League. I know the Dutch league is shite but still I can usually see if a player has potential to make it in the Premier League. With Bergwijn I knew for sure he wasnt gonna make it, with Wijnaldum I had my doubts and I'm even not sure about Gakpo. For me Madueke is by far the biggest talent we had since Arjen Robben. He scores  left and right from outside the box and dribbles past players with so much ease. 

I'm happy with the sell as a club like PSV cant say no to 40 million euros for a player thats injury prone. But if you keep him fit I think thats a huge bargain. Good luck, I hope he succeeds. 

Thank you, feel welcome to come around from time to time to see how he develops.

6 minutes ago, Sankaunited said:

I'm Dutch and a PSV supporter. Home and bored with the flu and so I got on a Chelsea forum. Hope you dont mind that I share my insight about Madueke as I obviously seen all his matches. 

I see quite a bit of negativity around this transfer which is fair when it comes to his history with injurys. Im honestly not sure if hes made for professional football. 

Talentwise. PSV had their fair share of talents going to the Premier League. I know the Dutch league is shite but still I can usually see if a player has potential to make it in the Premier League. With Bergwijn I knew for sure he wasnt gonna make it, with Wijnaldum I had my doubts and I'm even not sure about Gakpo. For me Madueke is by far the biggest talent we had since Arjen Robben. He scores  left and right from outside the box and dribbles past players with so much ease. 

I'm happy with the sell as a club like PSV cant say no to 40 million euros for a player thats injury prone. But if you keep him fit I think thats a huge bargain. Good luck, I hope he succeeds. 

Awesome thanks for the info. It is what I thought. 

We are doing more buys like this, very clever after we established our transfer director. I see the value as well, but as well injuries. 

As long as the injuries ain't as bad as Pulisic I'm okay. 

12 minutes ago, Sankaunited said:

Cheers lad, appreciate that thank you, your welcome any time.

1 hour ago, Costa19 said:

Personally i dont know thats why Im asking, right? 

But i do have a friend who calls him duckshit so yeah, im interested in other peoples view of him. 

I've just asked an Ajax supporting friend who's not particularly enamoured either.

Hopefully the new technical team are seeing something our friends are missing.

Edit: posted this before seeing @Sankaunitedcomment which is very promising by comparison.

Edited by Tomo

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

I've just asked an Ajaz supporting friend who's not particularly enamoured either.

Yeah.. i did some digging and his stats are kind of amazing but its from Eredivisie.. 

21/22 He had 4 muscle injuries in a row so the question is which muscles and if it was recurrent or different muscles.

22/23 autumn he had a ankle injury and side lined for about 80 days. He has played almost 90 minutes every game in their last 5 games so thats something positive.. 

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I've just asked an Ajax supporting friend who's not particularly enamoured either.

Edit: posted this before seeing @Sankaunitedcomment which is very promising by comparison.

Ajax fans are always gonna downplay our players as we just hate eachother. At the same time I also realise im biased. So I think your friends are right in being doubtful when it comes to injurys. Talentwise it doesnt make much sense to me. Time will tell I guess. 

Kessie and Bissouma? Really? Two midfielders who got the big moves they really wanted and then completely failed to live up to expectations?

If these are names we’re actually considering then it really does feel like we’re going to make the mistake of just getting any body in that’s available. This is how we ended up with Drinkwater, Djilodildo, Aubameyang, Barkley etc. “We couldn’t get our primary target so let’s just get this guy because he’s cheap and available.” Then we’re stuck with an average (or worse) player on our books and struggle to get rid.

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Kessie and Bissouma? Really? Two midfielders who got the big moves they really wanted and then completely failed to live up to expectations?

If these are names we’re actually considering then it really does feel like we’re going to make the mistake of just getting any body in that’s available. This is how we ended up with Drinkwater, Djilodildo, Aubameyang, Barkley etc. “We couldn’t get our primary target so let’s just get this guy because he’s cheap and available.” Then we’re stuck with an average (or worse) player on our books and struggle to get rid.

Bissouma is a good player who has been mismanaged at Spurs... everyone bottles it there.

46 minutes ago, Sankaunited said:

But if you keep him fit I think thats a huge bargain. Good luck, I hope he succeeds. 

Well, we have a mountain to climb to fix this issue with all our players..

Thx for the info, let’s hope he do good here

58 minutes ago, Sankaunited said:

What kind of injuries did he have and how did he pick them up? 

Edited by Gundalf

10 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

What French player are we negotiating for?

Camavinga 👀😬

Nah but seriously we need a midfielder.

But if the top targets are impossible in January we better wait for summer and not turn to stop gaps. No fecking Kessie please 

Edited by Costa19

Signing the kid from PSV right now regardless of his injuries or how good he is just a dumb dumb move. Mainly because now we have to get rid if a few this window or its gonna be tough. If we agreed a deal for the summer then I could see the point but we cannot get rid of Pulisic as hes injured, will struggle to get rid of Hakim permanently this window, and then throw in the fact we have Mount, Havertz, Joao Felix who are capable of playing on the sides/as floaty attacking midfield players too. Plus Raheem who is out injured, Hudson-Odoi out on loan who will probabpy now not see a future at Chelsea at all regardless of if he was good enough or not. 

There really really really is no strategy at the club at all. Absolutely baffling. Its Just stockpiling players. 

Plus we are still in the race for Thuram apparently another fucking attacker. When we urgently need a RB and another CM. 

No faith at all that this new infrastructure is going to be any different from Boehly and co in the summer. Is there too many people involved? 

Edited by OneMoSalah