Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

“He is depressed” – Star ‘not happy’ at Chelsea, ready to return to former club ‘at any cost    :nopity:

https://sportwitness.co.uk/depressed-star-not-happy-Chelsea-ready-return-former-club-cost/

Pierre Emerick Aubameyang is “depressed” at Chelsea and will do anything to return to Barcelona before the end of this month.

That’s according to AS, who cover the player today and his wish to return to Spain just six months after departing.

They explain that Aubameyang is ‘not happy’ at Chelsea, where he is struggling for gametime after falling out of favour under Graham Potter.

He joined the Blues to work under Thomas Tuchel but since the German’s departure and the arrival of Potter, he is one of the last options in attack.

The forward’s entourage have revealed to the newspaper that “he is depressed” while also refusing to deny that Aubameyang is ‘seriously considering’ packing his bags and leaving Stamford Bridge this month.

His preferred destination would be Barcelona, and, according to AS’ information, he has been in contact with Xavi Hernández to state that he misses the club and city and would be willing to return ‘at any price’.

Xavi has asked the striker for a little patience, waiting to see what happens with Memphis Depay, who is wanted by Atlético Madrid and an unnamed Premier League side. His departure would open the door for Aubameyang to return.

He would have to make a new effort, though, as he did when he arrived from Arsenal, and ‘significantly reduce his wages’ if he does want to return to the Nou Camp.

That is something he would presumably be willing to do, having enjoyed his time at Barcelona last season and shone at the end of last season. The club were also very happy with him and his departure to Chelsea was ‘greeted with displeasure by staff’.

They saw him as the natural replacement for Robert Lewandowski and wanted to keep him but the club desperately needed to free up the wage bill and Chelsea’s offer of €12m was seen as a good one by those in charge of the club.

Aubameyang would now like to return but for that to happen he would need to significantly reduce his wages, the Blues would have to accept a six-month loan move and the numbers would have to fit.

Report: Chelsea Confident In Securing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang From  Barcelona - Sports Illustrated Chelsea FC News, Analysis and More

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

8 fucking minutes with Barca at the end of their first league game is fucking us, ffs

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKkkk

Barca are seemingly open to getting Aubameyang back if they get rid of Depay first.

Obviously they're broke as fuck so won't pay anything for him but since they're our only option for a January move due to the FIFA rules, how about a free six month loan with them picking up the wage bill and then in the summer we can see if we can attract a market for him elsewhere if Barca still won't pay to take him?

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

“He is depressed” – Star ‘not happy’ at Chelsea, ready to return to former club ‘at any cost    :nopity:

https://sportwitness.co.uk/depressed-star-not-happy-Chelsea-ready-return-former-club-cost/

Pierre Emerick Aubameyang is “depressed” at Chelsea and will do anything to return to Barcelona before the end of this month.

That’s according to AS, who cover the player today and his wish to return to Spain just six months after departing.

They explain that Aubameyang is ‘not happy’ at Chelsea, where he is struggling for gametime after falling out of favour under Graham Potter.

He joined the Blues to work under Thomas Tuchel but since the German’s departure and the arrival of Potter, he is one of the last options in attack.

The forward’s entourage have revealed to the newspaper that “he is depressed” while also refusing to deny that Aubameyang is ‘seriously considering’ packing his bags and leaving Stamford Bridge this month.

His preferred destination would be Barcelona, and, according to AS’ information, he has been in contact with Xavi Hernández to state that he misses the club and city and would be willing to return ‘at any price’.

Xavi has asked the striker for a little patience, waiting to see what happens with Memphis Depay, who is wanted by Atlético Madrid and an unnamed Premier League side. His departure would open the door for Aubameyang to return.

He would have to make a new effort, though, as he did when he arrived from Arsenal, and ‘significantly reduce his wages’ if he does want to return to the Nou Camp.

That is something he would presumably be willing to do, having enjoyed his time at Barcelona last season and shone at the end of last season. The club were also very happy with him and his departure to Chelsea was ‘greeted with displeasure by staff’.

They saw him as the natural replacement for Robert Lewandowski and wanted to keep him but the club desperately needed to free up the wage bill and Chelsea’s offer of €12m was seen as a good one by those in charge of the club.

Aubameyang would now like to return but for that to happen he would need to significantly reduce his wages, the Blues would have to accept a six-month loan move and the numbers would have to fit.

Report: Chelsea Confident In Securing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang From  Barcelona - Sports Illustrated Chelsea FC News, Analysis and More

Well guess what, I am also depressed seeing your performance. What you gonna do about it? You could've stayed at Barca, which most of us wanted...

Also at any cost? How do you suppose that? Barca want him for free too 😑

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

For this nonsense money wasted on Auba and Felix we could have buy Mitrovic. Fighter and reliable goal scorer. Only successful striker in Chelsea are like that. Drogba, Costa, Giroud. 

He’s basically all Fulham have. He’s the reason they’re in the PL and the reason they’ll likely stay up. They lose him and they’re done and dusted.

Can’t imagine what they would’ve quoted us in terms of price. Much, much more than what we spent on Auba and Felix I’m sure.

Been told Barça would love the idea to bring Auba back… but only if it’s 100% free transfer, different salary terms

Who wouldn't, lol

I'm all in for minimizing damage, let alone if it's Auba's fault or lack of service to him, but they must be taking a piss. Better get busy selling rights to 1/43rd of their logo to Chinese developer for 45 years or shut up.

Edited by Vegetable

2 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Rather harsh to judge auba tbh, we create nothing, feed a striker scraps at a minimum and call him shit isn't exactly fair.

Yeah, and still he should have scored equaliser against City at home

59 minutes ago, Vesper said:

its £106m, 120m is euros

and good luck trying to buy Bruno now for less than £75-85m

Now yes, but the point is we keep missing these players due to this obsession of stupidly high priced super stars, that turn out to be dying stars. 

7 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Jesus christ I hope not.

Also talks Barca want Auba back but only if its on a free and he takes a reduced salary. Boehly is fucking hopeless if he lets this happen. He will get laughed out of the country at this rate, clown.

2 hours ago, whats happening said:

this is some money laundering shit with us barcelona and auba.

I wish... that would mean there would at least be  a purpose. But I fear it is just utter stupidity from both clubs if they buy him back from us. but I can't imagine they will. Barca were hitting the crackpipe in the transfer market for the past few years, now they have apparently passed it to us, to repeat their mistakes.

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I wish... that would mean there would at least be  a purpose. But I fear it is just utter stupidity from both clubs if they buy him back from us. but I can't imagine they will. Barca were hitting the crackpipe in the transfer market for the past few years, now they have apparently passed it to us, to repeat their mistakes.

I reckon it's just Barca looking to turn a profit. They are probably wanting him back for free with the intention of selling him again next summer for another few million. Hopefully we will calculate carefully if we can do better by holding on and putting him on the market ourselves in summer.

5 hours ago, Jype said:

Barca are seemingly open to getting Aubameyang back if they get rid of Depay first.

Obviously they're broke as fuck so won't pay anything for him but since they're our only option for a January move due to the FIFA rules, how about a free six month loan with them picking up the wage bill and then in the summer we can see if we can attract a market for him elsewhere if Barca still won't pay to take him?

I'd look at it the same way. If it suits let him go back on loan and let them cover his wages for the rest of the season in the hope that he can be sold for a few million in the summer after a good 6 months. Worst case scenario, you can give him a free transfer in the summer (as opposed to now) if there's no takers for £5-6m.

It's a shame really that we already have 2 loans in the team, otherwise I'd have been inclined to propose a loan swap with Auba and a cheeky proposal to take Raphinha for 6 months, given he's struggling there and they're extremely unlikely to command anywhere near the fee they paid out for him in the summer without a spike in form.

According to Chris Sutton, Lavia was 'supurb' for Southampton tonight. That's doubly bad news for those of us who would like us to sign him. First, it can only make Southampton more determined to hold on to him for their relegation fight. Second, it gave City a first hand encouragement to exercise their buy back option.

There is no way we can pay Southampton enough money to compensate them for being relegated, so I think only a cash plus player, or players, deal even has a chance of tempting them. It could take two, or even three, players who they think can help them plus cash. Auba/DDF, Connor, anyone else?

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

According to Chris Sutton, Latvia was 'supurb' for Southampton tonight. That's doubly bad news for those of us who would like us to sign him. First, it can only make Southampton more determined to hold on to him for their relegation fight. Second, it gave City a first hand encouragement to exercise their buy back option.

There is no way we can pay Southampton enough money to compensate them for being relegated, so I think only a cash plus player, or players, deal even has a chance of tempting them. It could take two, or even three, players who they think can help them plus cash. Auba/DDF, Connor, anyone else?

What is City's buy back on him?

I genuinely don't see a situation where we can entice them this window. We're short of players as it is currently so trying to package a couple into a deal I don't think will work. Gallagher is maybe the most desirable to them but why would he go there when they're struggling to stay up. He'd at worst I think be looking at a stable mid table club if he were to move on (maybe he'd be more suitable for Brighton if we went for one of their midfielders). 

I may be wrong, but I think Premier League rules prevent us loaning a player out to another Prem club when we've acquired them that window which rules out the likes of Fofana.

I still think out best opportunity is to see if Southampton go down and try for him in the summer. There will of course be the risk of City wanting him back but he has a choice not to join them. He left for a reason in the first place permanently, probably because he saw no route to the first team. If we're also in for him in the summer, he may view us as the more attractive proposition on the basis of being more likely to play regularly. It's the same reason I could see an attempt to buy back Livramento in the future being more difficult than it may seem because he'll know that so long as Reece is fit then he's first choice.