Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Seeing reporting that MacAlister could be an alternative to Enzo if that doesn’t materialize. Which doesn’t make much sense to me as they play pretty different roles. Enzo plays deeper whilst MacAllister is more of a #10. The latter would more suit the Mason Mount role.

Caicedo and Rice as alternatives to Enzo make much more sense. MacAllister should be targeted in addition to Enzo if a couple of our current midfielders go.

MacAllister can play deep too. I definitely don't think he's a 10. I do agree we should sign both of them though.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I haven't watched Enzo so I haven't caught the fever. If we don't get him I'll be fine. 🙂

The deals about which I'd most like to hear some updates are Arsen Zakharyan and a backup RB.

and if we can pull Youssoufa Moukoko

Simakan (CB and RB) renewed so is off the table, fuck

924f214c7cdcbffecf9a74500378a618.png

52b03d9fb7b3da3f7ad93cc3b74dd9f9.png

Edited by Vesper

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

He was first called up for the Argie senior national team 14 months ago, on 3 November 2021. Did not play though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enzo_Fernández

On 24 July 2019, Fernández was selected by the Argentina U18s manager Esteban Solari to represent his nation at the 2019 COTIF Tournament in Spain. On 3 November 2021, he was called up by Argentina national team manager Lionel Scaloni for two 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Brazil and Uruguay. He made his senior team debut on 24 September 2022, by coming on as a 64th-minute substitute for Leandro Paredes in a 3–0 win against Honduras.

Thanks, legit. I just checked date of debut on transfermarkt, which is this September.

16 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Enzo starts for Benfica. Nothing imminent, then. Hopefully we don’t wait long to push it through. Don’t want some other club to match our offer and turn his head.

Not nessesarily, IIRC Matic also played for Benfica when his move was as good as done.

9 hours ago, DDA said:

21 years old!!

and some say they dont want this guy for 35million!

Ermmm OK then!

He is far pacier than a couple people were saying when they called him slow and lumbering

he is tall with long legs, but does not have an very overly bulky body type like some of the big boys do

The only CB 1.88cm (6-2) or taller and who is younger than Badiashile and is even valued (atm) at over €20m (ie £17.7m) is Nathan Collins at Wolves (€22m ie £19.5m) and he is not an option I would choose at all as of now.

For CBs of any height, the only ones younger than Badi who are even valued at £20m or above atm are Gvardiol and Jurrien Timber (£39.8m) (the only 2 CBs valued above Badi who are younger than he is), plus Piero Hincapié (£22.1m), and Gonçalo Inácio (£20.4m). All but Timber are left-footed.

In this list right below you see the same names I have been talking about over and over in the past (most of these are no longer available)

Ronald Araújo (gutted we could not pull him)
Milan Skriniar (so hope we at least make a huge effort)
Alessandro Bastoni (will never leave if Skriniar does, and even if Sriniar renews, Bastoni will be insanely hard to prise away from Italy)
Bremer 
Antonio Rüdiger  (talking about him in terms of stupidly letting him go)
Aymeric Laporte (too old now to pay what Citeh will demand, and seems to have lost pace after his last major injury, although he was never a speed merchant)
Nico Schlotterbeck
Evan Ndicka   

Here are the top 25 (in terms of valuations) 'tall' (6-2 and up, ie 188cm and up) centre backs (so a very large sample) of any age

Badiashile is in the top 10, tied with Bremer, Rudiger, Varane, and Gabriel at 8th, and if you go 6-3 and up (1.91cm and above) he is 4th, he is trailing only Saliba, Pau Torres (no, pass, he IS far slower than Badi), and VVD

397f1527995a22165fc3ad4d2c387cdd.pnga983f212138d491b2ea70a655aefeec2.png

Edited by Vesper

38 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He is far pacier than a couple people were saying when they called him slow and lumbering

he is tall with long legs, but does not have an very overly bulky body type like some of the big boys do

The only CB 1.88cm (6-2) or taller and who is younger than Badiashile and is even valued (atm) at over €20m (ie £17.7m) is Nathan Collins at Wolves (€22m ie £19.5m) and he is not an option I would choose at all as of now.

For CBs of any height, the only ones younger than Badi who are even valued at £20m or above atm are Gvardiol and Jurrien Timber (£39.8m) (the only 2 CBs valued above Badi who are younger than he is), plus Piero Hincapié (£22.1m), and Gonçalo Inácio (£20.4m). All but Timber are left-footed.

In this list right below you see the same names I have been talking about over and over in the past (most of these are no longer available)

Ronald Araújo (gutted we could not pull him)
Milan Skriniar (so hope we at least make a huge effort)
Alessandro Bastoni (will never leave if Skriniar does, and even if Sriniar renews, Bastoni will be insanely hard to prise away from Italy)
Bremer 
Antonio Rüdiger  (talking about him in terms of stupidly letting him go)
Aymeric Laporte (too old now to pay what Citeh will demand, and seems to have lost pace after his last major injury, although he was never a speed merchant)
Nico Schlotterbeck
Evan Ndicka   

Here are the top 25 (in terms of valuations) 'tall' (6-2 and up, ie 188cm and up) centre backs (so a very large sample) of any age

Badiashile is in the top 10, tied with Bremer at 8th, and if you go 6-3 and up (1.91cm and above) he is 4th, he is trailing only Saliba, Pau Torres (no, pass, he IS far slower than Badi), and VVD

397f1527995a22165fc3ad4d2c387cdd.pnga983f212138d491b2ea70a655aefeec2.png

I had not seen too much of him in the past but recently done some research and he seems perfectly fine for me. Sure, this is in Ligue 1 (which out of all leagues is closest to PL in terms of overall athletic demand tho)  and he is still young and inconsistent. But if he is mentally ready and can make the step up there is no reason he can not succeed here.

As you correctly pointed out, he looks appealing by the mere raw data (age, height, pace, athleticism, value for money) already but also in his footage there are far fewer red flags than for all of our other recent CB targets. Not a spectacular technician or aggressive leader but also not an overly ambitious ADD-kid. Solid and dependable. Above-average anticipaiton and positional awareness for a young CB. Could be exactly what we need mid-term

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

If we fail with Enzo & Bellingham I’d still absolutely “settle” for Rice. 

removing Enzo and Bellingham

the CMF/DMFs left that I rate

Nicolò Barella (probably impossible atm)
Moisés Caicedo 
Roméo Lavia    
Manu Koné 
Alexis Mac Allister 
Martín Zubimendi 

Bruno Guimarães (likely will not leave)
Mikel Merino
Frenkie de Jong 
Amadou Onana  
Marcos Llorente  
Danilo  
Khéphren Thuram
Manuel Ugarte

here is an 'out of left field' CB to watch

Micky van de Ven

21yo, 1.93m tall left-footed Dutch speed burner (faster clocked pure defender in the Bundesliga this season so far, 7th fastest player overall)

only Bayern and Freiburg have allowed less goals so far than Wolfsburg, and they have really tightened up lately

fbd27434d270c870191d2b41733b5088.png

cfb5d83362ccc20a322c41feda1ca63b.png

c056499efb953c742b524ab52dddb225.png

616737a02025f80c11b48068af45165a.png

Go at it 100 percent” | VfL Wolfsburg

Bijzondere avond voor Van de Ven: 'Twee debuutjes in één week, dat is  lekker' - Voetbal International

Klein ratje' maakt indruk bij Jong Oranje: 'Je kunt hem gewoon niet pakken'

Edited by Vesper