Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

31 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I don’t doubt at all that we’re very interested in Enzo Fernandez like every other big club is. But it’s most likely as a Declan Rice alternative for the summer.

We already have so many CM’s that several of them regularly go huge stretches without even seeing the pitch. And that’s with Kante not even playing this season. Gallagher, Chukwameka, Zakaria, and RLC may as well not even suit up every weekend if we buy another midfielder in January because they’d never play.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d take him in a heartbeat, but CM is our most overloaded position in the squad as it is. Our priority for this window needs to be a RB and if possible a goal scorer who can hit the ground running.

I'm going to say it... Gallagher isn't good enough to play here long term and neither is Zakaria or RLC. I can see all three of those leaving in the near future following Kante and J5 out the door too.

1 minute ago, DDA said:

I'm going to say it... Gallagher isn't good enough to play here long term and neither is Zakaria or RLC. I can see all three of those leaving in the near future following Kante and J5 out the door too.

And it would be very wise if that happened, as not one mentioned there are good enough. Zakaria has done OK but it's not hard to look decent with Jorginho performing like he does, Kante won't kick another ball for the club and RLC is way out of his depth here. Gallagher is a decent bench option but he wants more than that and again, he simply isn't up to it.

35 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I don’t doubt at all that we’re very interested in Enzo Fernandez like every other big club is. But it’s most likely as a Declan Rice alternative for the summer.

We already have so many CM’s that several of them regularly go huge stretches without even seeing the pitch. And that’s with Kante not even playing this season. Gallagher, Chukwameka, Zakaria, and RLC may as well not even suit up every weekend if we buy another midfielder in January because they’d never play.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d take him in a heartbeat, but CM is our most overloaded position in the squad as it is. Our priority for this window needs to be a RB and if possible a goal scorer who can hit the ground running.

We have just 3 - Kante, Kova, Jorgi - with one of them perma-injured. Carney and Gallagher are not DMs. RLC and Zakaria are squad players at best for me. We needed a DM in the summer and we need a DM now to walk into the XI

31 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

And it would be very wise if that happened, as not one mentioned there are good enough. Zakaria has done OK but it's not hard to look decent with Jorginho performing like he does, Kante won't kick another ball for the club and RLC is way out of his depth here. Gallagher is a decent bench option but he wants more than that and again, he simply isn't up to it.

I was all for Gallagher staying but yesterday was another example that he isn't good enough.... he jinxed past 2 players in the box and shot against a defender when he could have squared the ball to sterling for a clear opportunity..... look at Enzo Fernandez highlights, he has the vision of Pirlo. 

46 minutes ago, DDA said:

I agree that I wouldn’t be sad to see them all go, but I think that happens in the summer. 

I think Gallagher’s biggest issue is that he’s the sort of player that needs to be on the pitch every game in order to show his best. Coming in for a handful of minutes here and there does him zero favors. If he was starting every week like he was last season I think he’d be amazing again. But that clearly won’t happen for him here.

22 minutes ago, DDA said:

I was all for Gallagher staying but yesterday was another example that he isn't good enough.... he jinxed past 2 players in the box and shot against a defender when he could have squared the ball to sterling for a clear opportunity..... look at Enzo Fernandez highlights, he has the vision of Pirlo. 

I think the problem is Gallagher and Mount together don't work, too much of the same.

I think if the worst happened with Mount's contract situation we could replace him with Conor and not lose much but if Mason's contract gets sorted we should look at cashing in.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Kinsella has posted that we have told Benfica we are going to trigger Enzo's clause.

This is only the 4th time I've wanted a player this badly. The last three players we got so hopefully my record stays intact.

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

This is only the 4th time I've wanted a player this badly. The last three players we got so hopefully my record stays intact.

Have previous 3 players been successful for us? 

6 minutes ago, whats happening said:

is enzo better than jude?

Different players. You can say they are both central midfielders but Enzo is closer to DM and Jude to AM.

Edited by NikkiCFC

58 minutes ago, DDA said:

Sometime last season someone here reminded me that, when Connor was in our U18 squad, I had said that he would not make it as a Chelsea player. I replied that Connor had done nothing at Chelsea yet but I promised that if and when he establishes himself here I would post an admission that I was wrong. That promise is still live, and I haven't forgotten it.

Tbh from Enzo perspective he should wait till summer. He is in a great position to win title with Benfica. In CL they finish 1st with Juve and PSG in the group. They have Brugge next so big favourites to go to last 8. Nobody beat Benfica this season. I'm not saying Porto 2004 but this season can be special for them. Why would he give up on that?

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Tbh from Enzo perspective he should wait till summer. He is in a great position to win title with Benfica. In CL they finish 1st with Juve and PSG in the group. They have Brugge next so big favourites to go to last 8. Nobody beat Benfica this season. I'm not saying Porto 2004 but this season can be special for them. Why would he give up on that?

£

1 hour ago, DDA said:

As for Ruben, it's now more than ten years since I wrote of him as a youth team player that he had a ton of talent but that unless he learned to use it better he would be lucky to get a gig in League One.

Ich hoffe, Chelsea bekommt einen dieser 4 Spieler, denn RB James braucht Ruhe.

M.Gusto

P. Porro

J.Frimpong

J. Juranovic

🙌

I hope Chelsea don't get Dumfries or Walker-Peters, they are just not top for Chelsea for their high transfer fees.

Lamptey can't even compete with Veltman at Brighton and Livramento has been injured for a few months with a torn cruciate ligament and I think he needs another year to get back into the game if he gets back to the way he was before his injury.

Edited by mkh