Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

28 minutes ago, DDA said:

You guys are never fucking happy. I personally love what's going on. Purchasing some great talent and still being linked to ready made players who most teams want. 

hat the fuck do you people want?

All I want for Christmas is the following:

The arsenal and man City mercenaries out of my team. 

Fofana to get some new knees.

Some of these youngsters were buying to actually break through, unlike the last batch.

And arsenal to not win the league.

Nice to see deals seemingly getting done before windows are even open as opposed to scrabbling around for last minute deals on deadline day because we've spent the entire window negotiating a couple of percent discount on any deals.

18 minutes ago, Superblue said:

Nice to see deals seemingly getting done before windows are even open as opposed to scrabbling around for last minute deals on deadline day because we've spent the entire window negotiating a couple of percent discount on any deals.

I'm not that fussed about him tbh. He was playing in Brazilian second league so I'd take his stats with a pinch of salt.

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

20m for a player only thriving in the Brazilian second league?

Romario

Coutinho

Many more talents have come from this club. They have a pretty good reputation for producing talents.

47 minutes ago, DDA said:

Romario

Coutinho

Many more talents have come from this club. They have a pretty good reputation for producing talents.

So only coutinho recently? Romario came from there over 30 years ago. I don't rate coutinho that highly, he overperformed with suarez in front of him and was found out as soon as he moved to barca. Currently can't even breakthrough into the villa team.

Edited by Hashishi

46 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

So only coutinho recently? Romario came from there over 30 years ago. I don't rate coutinho that highly, he overperformed with suarez in front of him and was found out as soon as he moved to barca. Currently can't even breakthrough into the villa team.

Why do we need to compare him to their previous players? How does that define his ability?

He's an 18 year old kid that's come through their youth system. If he's good enough, he's good enough. He clearly would've been extensively scouted.

If he flops, then ultimately who gives a fuck? Not like it's your money.

3 hours ago, Hashishi said:

I'm not that fussed about him tbh. He was playing in Brazilian second league so I'd take his stats with a pinch of salt.

Martinelli joined Arsenal from the 4th tier of Brazilian football and he's not been bad.

I think the key here is this is a deal that over the last few years, Chelsea wouldn't have pursued, similar with Fofana. 

Give the new scouting and recruitment network chance.

3 hours ago, DDA said:

Romario

Coutinho

I just hope we have a plan vs buying and praying they magically turn into prime Kaka ala Nathan and Piazon. 

2 hours ago, We Hate Scouse said:

Why do we need to compare him to their previous players? How does that define his ability?

He's an 18 year old kid that's come through their youth system. If he's good enough, he's good enough. He clearly would've been extensively scouted.

If he flops, then ultimately who gives a fuck? Not like it's your money.

Dude I wasn't the one comparing players, the guy I replied to did. I just commented on coutinhos ability.

2 hours ago, Superblue said:

Martinelli joined Arsenal from the 4th tier of Brazilian football and he's not been bad.

I think the key here is this is a deal that over the last few years, Chelsea wouldn't have pursued, similar with Fofana. 

Give the new scouting and recruitment network chance.

You have a point here. Like with arsenal it's a wait and see thing.