Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Mbappe strikes me as the mega-egomaniac type like his idol CR7. He’ll want like £1m per week or something hilarious which we’d never do. That’s on top of the €200m transfer fee PSG would squeeze out of the buyer after he just signed that new deal and because of the bitterness they’ll feel at him forcing himself out.

That’s why I always laugh when Liverpool’s name keeps being brought up as a likely or plausible landing spot for him. Liverpool fans have been bitching and moaning for months now and even years that FSG are cheap bastards who won’t spend like the other big PL clubs. Now suddenly they’re going to break the world transfer record and obliterate their wage structure? No chance.

It’s Real Madrid, City, or United at a push. The only ones crazy enough to pay silly money.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

t’s Real Madrid, City, or United at a push. The only ones crazy enough to pay silly money.

Don't think Shitty would lay out that much either.

But don't forget Barca they surely have another 10 levers to raise the fee and his wages.

29 minutes ago, King Kante said:

FDJ wants him money. He isn't leaving until he has that. I mean, isn't he on something like €600k a week now owing to his deferrals? Him leaving is just the Barca boards wet dream. 

Yes and i don't blame him at all. I would have probably done the same thing if i were he.

Edited by Blues Forever

7 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Don't think Shitty would lay out that much either.

But don't forget Barca they surely have another 10 levers to raise the fee and his wages.

I think City could solidify their dominance for the next 5+ years if they added Mbappe to Haaland. They may put aside their usual transfer policy for a generational player. 

Barca I can’t see. They’ve already mortgaged their whole future after this last summer’s spree. Now that they’ll crash out of the CL they’ll be even more fucked.

shoot me now

Jorginho prioritising Chelsea stay

https://thehardtackle.com/reactions/jorginho-prioritising-Chelsea-stay/

Jorginho has every desire to continue his career at Chelsea, according to his agent, amid links with Barcelona.

Jorginho was one of those signings that instantly elevated the quality of the Chelsea squad. The Blues had to dig deep to compete for the Italian international a few years ago and have Maurizio Sarri to thank for signing him ahead of Manchester City.

While Sarri did not last long at Stamford Bridge, Jorginho has continuously upgraded his game each season to become one of Chelsea’s essential stars. He is their current midfield lynchpin, and his influence continues to grow.

Amid Chelsea’s uncertainties at the end of last season, they put a few essential ideas on the back burner. The club saw key players depart when their contracts expired, as they could not extend their deals. It was already too late when they came into the position to do so.

snip