Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Unless good money was put on the table (perhaps Ajax for Ziyech as an example), I'd be reluctant to let players out the door this late in the window and try to rush deals through for incomings.

From what is seems Chalobah has had discussions with Tuchel and will stay and I think realistically the same should be done with the likes of Hudson Odoi. There really isn't that long before the World Cup but a lot of games between now and then to fit into the schedule. Tuchel is going to have to rotate the players at key times to keep players as fresh as possible and not overloaded. 

Chalobah will know first hand from last season how opportunities can open up. Loftus-Cheek found the same. Gallagher has also seen the same at the start of this season. Chances will come and it's up to players individually to seize them. If players like Chalobah aren't happy with their game time by the World Cup break then another opportunity presents itself then for a loan move away in the second half of the season and a longer period for the club to put some plans in place for transfer activity in January if they feel the need to.

29 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Agree with Zaha, I've always felt when he's not "on it" he becomes almost anonymous.

Having said that besides one poor year, he has scored 10+ Premier League goals in 3 of the last 4 seasons so has shown more consistency at least with his output in the last couple of years. You'd probably feel more confident that he'd give us 8 - 12 goals in the league than the likes of Ziyech and Pulisic.

I just feel his time probably was a year or two ago to make that big move. For the right price, I'm not necessarily against it, but I'm not really for it either. I think better opportunities could develop over the next year for the club if they didn't sign him. And if those opportunities didn't happen, then he'd still be potentially an option to bring in next summer, and on a free transfer, to beef up the squad.

Out of the 14 goals Zaha had 6 penalties last year. So only 8 goals in open play.

Doubt he will take pens at Chelsea.

39 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Premier League club to Premier League club tax.

also Zaha is homegrown, Mane was not, and those homegrown slots are gold for big clubs as the FA continues to crack down and demand more HG's on the 25 man rosters

Can’t even imagine what happens if Fofana fails the medical after all this effort to get him. It’s strange that there isn’t a renowned doctor anywhere in the UK or Europe that could’ve looked him over and he had to travel all the way over here to the States. Makes me think the worst. That something was spotted over the weekend in his medical and Boehly is now sending him to America to get a second opinion.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Can’t even imagine what happens if Fofana fails the medical after all this effort to get him. It’s strange that there isn’t a renowned doctor anywhere in the UK or Europe that could’ve looked him over and he had to travel all the way over here to the States. Makes me think the worst. That something was spotted over the weekend in his medical and Boehly is now sending him to America to get a second opinion.

Wouldnt be too surprised to have him do some marketing as well, since he will be our record signing this summer. Expect some nice LA announcment pics on twitter when its done. 

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

That's just Boehly thinking American doctors are the best since slicing breed.

Tbf, there are cases where there’s a doctor here that’s the best in the world at specific surgeries or procedures and I’ve heard of several cases where a European footballer comes over here for said doctors. But that’s usually for the actual surgery rather than a standard medical that’s usually a formality.

I’m crossing my fingers that this is simply Boehly being ultra thorough with a massively expensive signing. But it seems like kind of a drastic step.

6 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

What about the option of staying at Barca and refusing to take a pay cut?

He can do that, but Barca will trying to force him out

4 minutes ago, Mário César said:

United is rumoured after Depay and they have an office in London.

Edited by Blues Forever