Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

35 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

After getting over the shock of watching my team being outclassed, I thoroughly enjoyed Bayern's performance at The Bridge this year. It was near perfect football of the type I like most. Breath taking display from an unbelievable football team. Total number of flicks and tricks: zero.

Benrahama seems to be all about flicks and tricks. I'm hardly ever impressed by his type of player. Yes tricks look great when they work, but much more often than not they come to nothing. Indeed, that is the case with most of the clips featured in the video above. The impressive bits are those when he uses his skills to create room for a pass and then executes it well. It worries me that there aren't enough moments of quality play to avoid the need to pad the video with party tricks.

I believe in Frank and Jody. If they want this lad, and believe that they can focus him on delivering effective outcomes, then I'm on board. If it were up to me however, Benrahama would have a lot to prove before he earned a move Chelsea.

Agreed. It's lovely when you're three or four goals up and a couple of bits of skills or flicks are enjoyable to see, but ultimately as you said it's far more important that they can translate those skills into creating chances for themselves or the team.

Hazard could do all the same sort of "street football" skills but (1) knew the right time and position on the pitch to utilise this, and (2) had an end product to go with it.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Unless Leverkusen agree to take payment in installments over a couple of years I can't imagine Bayern or Liverpool buying him. If Liverpool couldn't buy Werner for 50m after Klopp really wanted him and chased him for months, how could they suddenly afford to pay twice that for another player? 

As mentioned, United are hard after Sancho. Surely no way they can afford both he and Havertz unless again Leverkusen or Dortmund agree to take the transfer fee in installments spread out over a longer period of time.

Even if pool or united can afford Havertz, they will have problem fitting him into their team. I think that's is just rumor. 

Sancho to united though, it make sense as long as united can afford him

On 6/15/2020 at 7:05 PM, DDA said:

Let's saywe get Werner and Liverpool get Havertz to replace Firmino. Who's has the better transfer? I'd say the Scouse.

Why do they want to replace firmino is the question? Unless there is somebody who offer them crazy money they won't move him. 

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Signing Havertz would demote either Tammy or both Ruben and Mount. 

I know many fans couldn't really care, but I for one liked having one of our own as a regular. 

I am personally not convinced he would play as a No.9/No.10/No.11 here. When he first broke into the team he was playing as a No.6/8 and got moved forward as he is such a good player. However, even from playing the RWF position if you look at his heat maps he is pretty much still in the same position as you would expect a No.8. 

In my opinion, if he comes in he will play in the middle three. Something like: 

Jorgi/Gilmour

Harvetz/Kova                            Mount/RLC

However, that probably requires Barkley and Kante to be sold. Further, it is pretty harsh on Kova who has been good. However, if you look at the make-up of such a midfield with Harvetz in it, you have a lot more goals and you have more size. However, it will take a brave manager to replace Kante. 

3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I am personally not convinced he would play as a No.9/No.10/No.11 here. When he first broke into the team he was playing as a No.6/8 and got moved forward as he is such a good player. However, even from playing the RWF position if you look at his heat maps he is pretty much still in the same position as you would expect a No.8. 

Jorgi/Gilmour

However, that probably requires Barkley and Kante to be sold. Further, it is pretty harsh on Kova who has been good. However, if you look at the make-up of such a midfield with Harvetz in it, you have a lot more goals and you have more size. However, it will take a brave manager to replace Kante. 

Even Guardiola is not crazy enough to play

Havertz - RLC

Jorginho

9 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Jorgi/Gilmour

If we use 4-3-3  i think our midfields would be like this (assuming we sell Jorginho & Barkley):

--------Kante/RLC------------Havertz/Mount----------

------------------Kovacic/Gilmour----------------------

Chelsea vs Bayern    20-21

Werner < Lewandowski

Tammy < Havertz

Ziyech < Muller

Pulisic < Gnabry

CHO = Coman

Jorginho < Thiago

Kovacic > Kimmich

Kante > Tolisso

Mount < Goretzka

Chilwell < Davies

Alonso < Lucas

Azpi < Pavard

Rudigar < Alaba

Tomori < Kouassi

Zouma < Boateng

AC < Sule

Kepa < Neuer

27 minutes ago, AOIRO said:

Kovacic > Kimmich

2 different players, in 2 different positions

and Kimmich is the 1st or 2nd best RB and 1st or 2nd best DMF on the planet (top 2 in two positions) His comp is TAA at RB and Casemiro at DMF He is more rounded RB than TAA becuase his defence is vastley better, but TAA is such a crazy offensive weapon.

I would take (if I was making a super team to win the CL in 2020-21) Kimmich at RB and Casemiro at DMF

Thiago and Kovavcic is the better comparison

Thiago when healthy is better ATM, but he is always injured

and soon ages out

he has 2 prime seasons left in him, if healthy, the 3rd season will see a decline IMHO

Kovacic has 5 or 6 prime years left

IF Bayarn sort out their CB issues and PSG loses certain players and doesn't do a good job replacing them

I tap Bayern as early favourites to win the CL in 2021

Sane will add such explosiveness to Bayern as well

that left side with Sane and Davies will be INSANE

we just had shit luck drawing them so soon

they are a fucking machine

if they grab Havertz this year or next summer, dog help football

you know they will also try and go for Håland too down the road, I think  :scared:

2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I follow Werner on Tweeter. I went to his tweets and replies. This is not there.

How to Send a Direct Message on Twitter

Direct messages (DMs) let you send your contacts private notes through Twitter. Just like regular tweets and @replies, direct messages are limited to 140 characters. Unlike regular tweets and @replies, the only person who can see a direct message is the recipient.

You can send a DM only to a Twitter user who’s following you (but you don’t have to be following that user), which helps cut down on spamming and other unwanted messages. To see whether someone is following you and to send a direct message:

e25341c85fd8f3df7741366d7e622288.png

zero following