Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Think we also have to keep in mind that the only reason we're hearing about Wener now is because of his release clause situation. If we are indeed after Havertz I doubt we'll hear anything substantial for weeks and weeks from now after the season ends. Pretty easy to forget that there's still plenty of football to be played before clubs go into full on transfer window mode.

A lot of people are acting like a bunch of big transfers all over Europe are imminent. We won't see these mega money moves any time soon.

Havertz and Sancho are completely different players so I'm not sure why these journalists keep linking the two together. There's no chance we are even still thinking about Sancho anymore with Ziyech and Werner coming. Makes no sense.

Even though we are stack I would buy Havertz. 

If you are in pole position to capitalize now do it. 

The verb of the rich is when there's blood in the street buy. 

Likewise here, because of Covid if not many can invest now and you can take advantage. 

Next season or two things should improve. If you have the edge exploit it! 

8 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Likewise here, because of Covid if not many can invest now and you can take advantage. 

Agree, it's now or bust, Chelsea's transfer ban coupled with the pandemic has probably put Chelsea in the driving seat in terms of how much money the club can spend and the salaries they can offer. Plus there are some salary spots that are going to be freed also with the Pedro, Willian exists.

And frankly there is not that much of a competition, not necessarily for Havertz, but for any player. French clubs, bar Paris are irrelevant on the market, Juventus have taken a big hit, both Madrid and Barcelona I am sure will not do business this summer and will wait to balance things and United is the only English club that could pose any threat, but I am sure they have put their eggs in the Sancho basket, he is the one they are after. And then there is Bayern who seem very stable. Others do not seem to be interested in lots of deals (City's European future is uncertain, Liverpool have already passed on the Werner opportunity and Arsenal and Spurs are simply irrelevant on the market)

This is the moment to build a top squad with little to no competition from others. Havertz is a generational talent, Chelsea should have no 2nd thoughts about him, that trio Werner Havertz Ziyech pfouuuuu A wet dream 

38 minutes ago, Fernando said:

And then, we'll complain about the dumb defence again next season and/or wonder why we won't spend money of defenders next summer after blowing all the money this year...

Just now, Jason said:

And then, we'll complain about the dumb defence again next season and/or wonder why we won't spend money of defenders next summer after blowing all the money this year...

To be fair there's no market for defense at this moment. 

Let's focus on what we can get now that is worth the investment. Because there's also the resale value to take into consideration if we need to sell. 

Who would have thought we would have gotten such a good resale value from Morata? 

Just now, Fernando said:

Let's focus on what we can get now that is worth the investment. Because there's also the resale value to take into consideration if we need to sell. 

Who would have thought we would have gotten such a good resale value from Morata? 

Nonsense. There are good defenders out there. You just need to know where to look. 

And god knows how many times has Vesper drawn up a list of it!

Lampard could be drawing his own career experiences to this. He's openly talked about when Roman came in and brought the likes of Makelele, Veron, Joe Cole, etc that he had to go away and take stock of the situation and realise that if he didn't raise his game and standards he wouldn't last.

There are a number of variables to explain the drop in form of some of the younger players as the season progressed but one of them could be the mentality that they now consider themselves first choice and there wasn't enough confidence in the quality of the back up behind them. 

I think Lampard will want to test those young players in the same way that he was when at Chelsea, and force them to raise their levels otherwise they won't get game time. 

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

There are a decent amount of defenders out there....our defence will let us down if not rectified

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Lampard could be drawing his own career experiences to this. He's openly talked about when Roman came in and brought the likes of Makelele, Veron, Joe Cole, etc that he had to go away and take stock of the situation and realise that if he didn't raise his game and standards he wouldn't last.

There are a number of variables to explain the drop in form of some of the younger players as the season progressed but one of them could be the mentality that they now consider themselves first choice and there wasn't enough confidence in the quality of the back up behind them. 

I think Lampard will want to test those young players in the same way that he was when at Chelsea, and force them to raise their levels otherwise they won't get game time. 

So we will basically go from 'LET'S PLAY THE YOUTH' to 'FUCK THE YOUTH! LET'S GO SPEND BIG!'.

Having competition in the squad is one thing but there is an argument to be made on over-stacking the squad and potentially hinder the progress of the young players instead. If you have invested in them, then trust them to do their best and improve. 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Nonsense. There are good defenders out there. You just need to know where to look. 

And god knows how many times has Vesper drawn up a list of it!

Yeah nowhere near world class like van dijk. 

As why I think there's no market for defenders at this moment. 

Is he a reputable Source?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Simon Phillips is quite good with chelsea.

Much of what has been said about Frank and Cech convincing Werner erc has came from him I think (?)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Just now, Supermonkey92 said:

Simon Phillips is quite good with chelsea.

Much of what has been said about Frank and Cech convincing Werner erc has came from him I think (?)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

lol Simon Phillips is just a wannabe journalist.

That Cech/Lampard/Werner story came from Matt Law...