Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I forget, is Auba out of contract at Arse or just entering the final year? Because surely they wouldn't even consider selling to us and would rather see him leave for free than to give him to us regardless of fee.

Would be a great signing for 2-3 seasons.

15 hours ago, Vesper said:

I am seeing this all over, no idea if  it is true, it is all over Italian news

Chelsea transfer twist as Dries Mertens makes U-turn on Inter Milan decision

Chelsea have been handed a transfer blow with Dries Mertens reportedly open to joining former Blues boss Antonio Conte at Inter Milan.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1282882/Chelsea-transfer-news-Dries-Mertens-U-turn-Inter-Milan-decision-Antonio-Conte

Mertens more Inter than Chelsea

https://www.football-italia.net/153187/mertens-more-inter-chelsea

Player not keen on joining Chelsea – Doesn’t think Blues have enough ‘power’ in PL

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-prefers-club-current-league-chelsea-switch-power-league/

Let him go to Inter then

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I forget, is Auba out of contract at Arse or just entering the final year? Because surely they wouldn't even consider selling to us and would rather see him leave for free than to give him to us regardless of fee.

Has 1 year left.....would be a great addition imo. I mean the banter alone is worth the admission lol. Fuck Werner and his pool love story.....I wouldnt touch such a player that has a hard on for stinking pool.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Football is about business now. They sold Sanchez to United remember and have had a history for doing this. Ideally, Arsenal would rather sell him to team abroad but if he wants to stay in England, they will reluctantly sell.

12 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Probably his misses will decide

Is his lady like Icardi's? In any case free or not free, we should not move mountains to get him imo, or warm up his testicles hoping he will choose us. He wants Inter so be it.

Pjanic? Pass. Seems like a unnecessary thing to do when we already have Jorgi who is as good and has more years left in his tank, is used to PL by now. Don't think we have any interest in doing a deal anyway

Dries Mertens (if true) replaces one of Pedro-Willian

More interested to hear of links to left-back, centre-back and striker. 

Juventus and Barcelona's £22.3m agreement which confirms Chelsea's stance on Jorginho swap deal

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/jorginho-pjanic-chelsea-transfer-news-18266332

Juventus and Barcelona have reached an agreement for the summer transfer of Miralem Pjanic.

That's according to reports in Spain.

Sport, as per Football Italia, claim the Serie A giants have reportedly agreed to pay Barcelona €25m (£22.3m) plus Pjanic and Mattia De Sciglio for right-back Nelson Semedo.

In addition, the report states the two teams have reached ‘an agreement in principle’ for the trio to swap clubs at the start of next season.

It is also claimed that Semedo and Juve are ‘hours away’ from agreeing terms, while Pjanic and De Sciglio have already committed to joining the Catalans.

Pjanic had hinted at leaving Juventus last summer and it would appear an exit is on the cards.

24 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Juventus and Barcelona's £22.3m agreement which confirms Chelsea's stance on Jorginho swap deal

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/jorginho-pjanic-chelsea-transfer-news-18266332

Juventus and Barcelona have reached an agreement for the summer transfer of Miralem Pjanic.

Sport, as per Football Italia, claim the Serie A giants have reportedly agreed to pay Barcelona €25m (£22.3m) plus Pjanic and Mattia De Sciglio for right-back Nelson Semedo.

In addition, the report states the two teams have reached ‘an agreement in principle’ for the trio to swap clubs at the start of next season.

It is also claimed that Semedo and Juve are ‘hours away’ from agreeing terms, while Pjanic and De Sciglio have already committed to joining the Catalans.

Pjanic had hinted at leaving Juventus last summer and it would appear an exit is on the cards.

Are Barcelona even a club? It's so hard to understand their transfer strategy!

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Are Barcelona even a club? It's so hard to understand their transfer strategy!

I think it is a good deal for Barca

They get a WC (he still is for at least 2 years, especially in La Liga/Serie A style play) deep holding MF in Pjanic, plus a decent RB in Mattia De Sciglio (27yo) AND 25m euros

all for one player, the hardly top 10 in the world (IMHO) RB Nelson Semedo (who is only a year younger than De Sciglio), who never set the world on fire, he struggled in many games I saw

RB rankings for me

Trent Alexander-Arnold 
Joshua Kimmich  
Achraf Hakimi       
Aaron Wan-Bissaka
Sergi Roberto
Kyle Walker   
Ricardo Pereira
Daniel Carvajal
Benjamin Pavard
João Cancelo (Pep is wasting him) 
Reece James  (rapidly moving up)
Youcef Atal    
Nordi Mukiele    
Emerson  (Real Betis)   
Sergiño Dest 
Héctor Bellerín  
Thomas Meunier
Nélson Semedo
Mário Fernandes 
César Azpilicueta
Denzel Dumfries    
Timothy Castagne   
Kieran Trippier  
Sime Vrsaljko
Mattia De Sciglio
Colin Dagba
Elseid Hysaj   
Léo Dubois   
Noussair Mazraoui    
Benjamin Henrichs

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

Surely not true? Why would Barca sign De Sciglio? He is so bang average. I would say hes much worse than Nelson Semedo too although he hasnt done well at Barca either. Madness. Plus they own Emerson who is at Betis and also another young guy who theyve loaned to Nice on top of Sergi Roberto. Seems ridiculous theyd take a RB.

13 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Surely not true? Why would Barca sign De Sciglio? He is so bang average. I would say hes much worse than Nelson Semedo too although he hasnt done well at Barca either. Madness. Plus they own Emerson who is at Betis and also another young guy who theyve loaned to Nice on top of Sergi Roberto. Seems ridiculous theyd take a RB.

Barca is getting cash plus players equal to 75 to 90 million euros (COVID-19 makes valuations wildly fluctuate) for Semedo

25m euros is going to them as well as 2 players, one who is WC (Pjanic)

that's great business

De Sciglio is not a poor as you make him out to be, I would take him over Zappacosta anyday, he is 1 cap away from 40 for the Italian national team, and I recall some great games by him whilst he was at AC Milan

and he can play DMF and RMF as well

Pjanic (30yo) will be a beast at Barca for 2,3 years at least

plus, like you said, losing Semedo is no biggie, even with no De Sciglio, as they have Sergi (who plays in MF at times), plus Emerson (you mentioned him, he looks like a potential star) and the other one you mentioned ,Moussa Wagué

I agree De Sciglio is a bit odd to include, but I am sure there is more to the backstory