Chelsea 2-1 Watford

End of season.
Everybody had a lazy afternoon except Chil.

The sum total:

Cups = Twice unlucky in the shootouts against admittedly a strong opponent (pool)
Champions League = Lost our chance because of one horrible mistake (Mendy). Would n't have been easy. Nobody can claim they can eliminate Real Madrid, City and pool one after the other, but we deserved better.
League = I left the league last because it is a stamina competition. It is in my opinion superior to the champions league even though the champions league is regarded as more prestigious. This is because in today's European football the premier is considerably more difficult than the others domestic leagues. We cannot be satisfied with the (distant) 3d place and we don't have what it takes. First the Christmas wall, then the Lukaku wall, then the Abramovitch wall. Someone has to find a treatment for those.

I hope it was the last time we saw Lukaku's face.

Looking forward to switching off for a bit now and recharging for next season.

The sanctions, etc have really deflated the season and to be honest it's all reached a point weeks ago where I was wishing the season to be over and done with and as much as people will say it doesn't or it shouldn't, I'm positive it's had a similar affect on everyone around the club too, including Tuchel and the players.

We got the minimum we needed to get considering the position we've been in all season and whilst things are still raw I think we can look back on a pretty decent year which could have been outstanding with some small things going our way. 2 cup finals lost on penalties, the better side knocked out in the champions league due to mistakes, and 2 trophies one of which I personally was desperate to win as we've never won it before.

No idea what the summer will hold for the club and the incomings and outgoings that will take place but I'll start worrying about that in a couple of weeks time.

37 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Conte went all out attack trying to catch us in GD

e5fd385b4c73b1a8d18f24e96983eb5e.png

Mentioned this a week or so ago, but if we aren’t spot on this summer with our business I think Spuds will go into next season clearly favored to finish above us. Conte will build an extremely formidable squad if given the funds and with Kane and Son they always have ridiculous goal return unlike us.

54 minutes ago, Vesper said:

only bad thing all day was fucking West ham choking so they get Conference league, not fucking Manure

Tbf europa is just as much of a meat grinder given they might very well actually try their with ten Haag valueing that trophy as opposed to incompetence league where they probably would just let it slide 

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

Tbf europa is just as much of a meat grinder given they might very well actually try their with ten Haag valueing that trophy as opposed to incompetence league where they probably would just let it slide 

I would HATE to see those cunts sneak into the CL via winning the Europa League

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

well holding Pool scoreless for 240 minutes of cup finals football is a feat in itself

Their inability to beat those around them in the top four cost them (6 draws).