Chelsea 0 - 0 Liverpool

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Again, this is just simply false. We've created one more big chance than Manchester United all season. 

those stats are bollocks

all you have to do is watch both cup finals v Pool to see the falsity of the claim

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

those stats are bollocks

all you have to do is watch both cup finals v Pool to see the falsity of the claim

Yup Drogba/Crespo/Costa  would have scored 3 of those Pulisic chances nailed on

18 hours ago, milka said:

Wouldn't read much into it.

They printed this garbage just minutes after the final whistle.

Means that this was prepared to publish based on the result. If we had won they would have printed something else.

It looks even more dumb because we didn't exactly lose. We just missed the penalty shoot out lottery.

1 minute ago, Blue Armour said:

Wouldn't read much into it.

They printed this garbage just minutes after the final whistle.

Means that this was prepared to publish based on the result. If we had won they would have printed something else.

It looks even more dumb because we didn't exactly lose. We just missed the penalty shoot out lottery.

It isn't a lottery actually, despite how you want to picture it. This is the 3rd time against Liverpool/Klopp we've lost to them in pens. Super Cup, League Cup, and FA Cup. 

Klopp actually hired neuroscientists onto the club to help them in pens. God knows what we do. 

Also, I hope this is the last time we AVOID wearing Blue in a cup final.

IMO this superstitious attitude put us on the back foot especially when facing a gritty side like Pool. When the penalty shootout came, it showed.

Allison gathering up the ball to give it to each of our players walking up, while Mendy walking in with his head down.

1 minute ago, Blue Armour said:

Also, I hope this is the last time we AVOID wearing Blue in a cup final.

IMO this superstitious attitude put us on the back foot especially when facing a gritty side like Pool. When the penalty shootout came, it showed.

Allison gathering up the ball to give it to each of our players walking up, while Mendy walking in with his head down.

Again, read my post above. Klopp specifically hired neuroscientists onto the club for penalties. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Again, read my post above. Klopp specifically hired neuroscientists onto the club for penalties. 

Sorry, had posted that reply before I had seen your post.

And i see your point. 'Lottery' is perhaps not  the best description because there is something you can do to improve your odds for a shootout.

That being said,  losing on penalties is still a harsh way to go. And the article is too harsh considering that it was two penalty loss defeats that denied us trophies this year, when we could have easily won either of those in normal time.

Maybe they Pool did their diligence in preparing for everything. But to put them on a pedestal while putting us down simultaneously is outrageous. The article is generic nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Sorry, had posted that reply before I had seen your post.

And i see your point. 'Lottery' is perhaps not  the best description because there is something you can do to improve your odds for a shootout.

That being said,  losing on penalties is still a harsh way to go. And the article is too harsh considering that it was two penalty loss defeats that denied us trophies this year, when we could have easily won either of those in normal time.

Maybe they Pool did their diligence in preparing for everything. But to put them on a pedestal while putting us down simultaneously is outrageous. The article is generic nonsense.

A lotter doesn't exist when you continue to take advantage of the small margins. 

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/4665493/jurgen-klopp-dedicates-liverpools-fa-cup-final-shootout-win-to-neuroscience-company

Matter of fact, there is a tweet doing the rounds comparing Klopp and Tuchel during the break before penalties, and its's quite an astonishing difference. 

Penalty is a lottery. 

To me it shows good we get this far with the team with have. Most games against Liverpool has been tied under TT. 

We need to improve in some areas to take the next step. 

We did take a major step backward with Lukaku. Please don't give him another season.