Manchester United 1 - 1 Chelsea

I think since the players came back from the international break, their only focus was the CL. We got knocked out of that so now they're completely on the beach. We're lucky we have a 8 point gap, essentially 9 points with our GD. Tbh, I think we'll get 3rd as I do not see Le Arsè or Spuds getting 15 points and I am sure we win win a game or two, but it is so frustrating to watch. James, Alonso and Mount were the only ones that seemed bothered. 

29 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I like Timo and I like Pulisic. But if we don’t upgrade at least one of them this summer we will continue to experience these sorts of results over and over. We simply cannot put vastly inferior opponents to the sword on a reliable basis because we have ZERO killer instinct in the final third. 

We need someone who is desperate to score or at least test keepers. Someone super aggressive. Sick to death of seeing us get the ball into box repeatedly and things die.

we need something that will not happen

a KILLER CF (unless Broja explodes)

the board fucked the million pound pig and shit away £180m on Donekeykaku when we could have snagged either Dušan Vlahović or Victor Osimhen for a fraction of that total outlay

those two track (over a full season minutes for each)

65 goals 18  assists (and with us they would have more assists)

so over 40 total goals produce for each

33 and 32 goals scored, 8 and 10 assists

plus they are only 22 and 23

the slug Donkey turns 30 years old during the tail end of next season

only remotely acceptable play for CF is Broja and then pray

I cannot see us taking a punt on the 20yo Karim Adeyemi or the 19yo (soon 20) Hugo Ekitike atm

Edited by Vesper

'Chelsea are winless in nine Premier League games against Manchester United (D6 L3) – only against Arsenal (19 between 1995 and 2005) and Blackburn Rovers (12 between 1992 and 1998) have they had a longer run without a win in the competition'

Edited by Laylabelle

Last match was not the right match to judge the team because it wasnt a case of us playing well but United were bad as shits. And the best part they still mustered a point. Our passing, 1 to 1, domination actually looked world class ... i m sure it would go for every team when they are playing against a non existence side. One moment was enough for them to get the goal and we toiled entire 90 mins for our one. 

Not sure why we changed Werner with Lukaku ... atleast Werner was trying things and dragging defenders with him because of his pace, Lukaku was WTF. We need desperately need a goal scoring player. 

Yesterday result felt like a loss than a draw. :(

Charity FC. So generous.

Even the money made from the club being sold is going to charity. 

banter aside...it was an entertaining game, even if the finishing was frustrating. Never restrict James to a CB role. We are so much more potent with fullbacks flying down either side. Also good that we have someone like Alonso when Chillwell is out. Made the right decision to retain him and not Emerson, who I would put in the same category as Christensen in terms of being a push-over player.

I think we strugle due to limited CMs we have.. Beside Kovacic no one can move ball further or pass opponents in tight passes. No one can make that hidden pass through the defence in some line and get us advantage forward. No one can shoot outside the box which is problem.. 

Teams know we cant shoot outside box and they pack comfortably inside it. 

Example - just look Kantes shot last night.. Even kid can make dangerous shot. 

A midfielder like Thiago will suit us perfectly to pass the ball in right direction in right time. 

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

Maybe next year.....5 seasons or so without a win against is bad

the fact that we couldn’t beat United at their worst let alone at their best if you can call it that, is a travesty. Embarrassing on so many levels

4 hours ago, gdlk said:

I think we strugle due to limited CMs we have.. Beside Kovacic no one can move ball further or pass opponents in tight passes. No one can make that hidden pass through the defence in some line and get us advantage forward. No one can shoot outside the box which is problem.. 

A midfielder like Thiago will suit us perfectly to pass the ball in right direction in right time. 

Or Eriksen

On 29/04/2022 at 09:19, gdlk said:

Real Madrid target Jude Bellingham labelled a complete player and the heir  to Luka Modric - Football Espana