Chelsea 2-0 Lille

Jase

Very good game from us I thought.

Had the boys over to watch it so could not much during, but for sure would point out that for me playing without Lukaku and esp Kai, Ziyech, Puli in their best positions made a hell out of a difference.

Kova and Ziyech out is huge tho. I just hope it is nothing major. Expect them to miss some serious game time tho, they amassed quite a lot of minutes recently.

The beginning was actually electric, wish it had gone on this way. We played very much on the counter attack, I do think this was the gameplan. Kovacic and Kante breaking their lines and spreading it wide and forward was a common pattern. Worked almost to perfection

Big shout out to the wee man, that run and assist was absolutely inchperfect. Really beautiful counter attacking goal.

Just hope we will see more of the same vs the dippers.

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

The beginning was actually electric, wish it had gone on this way. We played very much on the counter attack, I do think this was the gameplan. 

Exactly the same way as knockout stage last season. This is how we won CL and why change it when it works. This game was very similar to games against both Madrid sides last season.

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Exactly the same way as knockout stage last season. This is how we won CL and why change it when it works. This game was very similar to games against both Madrid sides last season.

Probably the best way to play in k.o. games anyway. As long as we are solid at the back, press and use our pace on the counter we are a danger to any team.

Pulisic's goal was in fact quite similar to the one Emerson score vs Atleti in terms of the runs made

Also playing on the counter is my favourite style. It is key to our identity and I just find a well executed counter attacking goal very satisfying to watch. Beats tiki-taka and endless sideways passing any day.

I mean, Havertz on his day is something else. If he can become more clinical... we have a legend on our hands but he has to do it on a consistent basis. No good doing it in games here and there. He needs to demand a ball at all times. 

Top performance from the lads. Was really impressed with Pulisic. Haven't seen him play that well in a long time. 

Kante turned up today and I don't even think that was him at his best.

For me, the man of the match was Silva. He was absolutely World Class. Such a special, special player.

Well done lads. 

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

I am going to cry when Thiago leaves, what an utter joy to watch in terms of the art of playing CB

Absolutely Mr Majestic.

I hope he don't leave, I hope they find him a place in the coaching staff.

I’ve said this before, but if ever a player should be kept on as a coach ( assuming he wants to stay) it’s Thiago. Nobody could be a better example to young players on positioning, tackling, keeping your body in total condition and how to lead by example. A very special player

1 hour ago, Seymop said:

I’ve said this before, but if ever a player should be kept on as a coach ( assuming he wants to stay) it’s Thiago. Nobody could be a better example to young players on positioning, tackling, keeping your body in total condition and how to lead by example. A very special player

Can't see him staying in England. He has admitted himself that he never really wanted to play here prior to signing for us. I have the feeling we only got him as PSG lost the plot and we were his only decent option of winning silverware and give him the wages he wanted. 

Edited by King Kante

5 hours ago, King Kante said:

Can't see him staying in England. He has admitted himself that he never really wanted to play here prior to signing for us. I have the feeling we only got him as PSG lost the plot and we were his only decent option of winning silverware and give him the wages he wanted. 

Mental no clubs were in for him. Think it was between us and Atalanta I think?