Al Hilal 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

40 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

Kepa has really surprised me for sure, i was one of his critics, his debut season, Carling Cup final debacle with Sarri, altough he redeemed himself in the Europa League, etc. he has earned the praise he’s been getting, he has showed great professionalism and attitude after everything he went trough, but unfortunately for him that huge price tag and awful performances will always stick with him and will be regarded as a failure, despite all his heroics on pens. Mendy is the number 1 option for a reason, but Kepa as an X factor for penalty shootouts is a great weapon to have. Will Kepa be happy playing like this long term? only time will tell.

he is now a great backup keeper for is, I have faith in him overall

he is not perfect (arms too short) but his confidence is sky high

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I checked on those  chaps at Chelsea tv who regularly twist themselves into pretzels to get a positive spin out of even the shittiest performances - they are still banging on about our winning mentality 😂

Wee Pat was more objective on E4 - club TV is a propaganda channel although imagine a club TV station after a win slagging off the team, always being hypercritical. Would hardly be constructive -TalkChelsea TV ? 😉

1 hour ago, Johnnyeye said:

Kepa has really surprised me for sure, i was one of his critics, his debut season, Carling Cup final debacle with Sarri, altough he redeemed himself in the Europa League, etc. he has earned the praise he’s been getting, he has showed great professionalism and attitude after everything he went trough, but unfortunately for him that huge price tag and awful performances will always stick with him and will be regarded as a failure, despite all his heroics on pens. Mendy is the number 1 option for a reason, but Kepa as an X factor for penalty shootouts is a great weapon to have. Will Kepa be happy playing like this long term? only time will tell.

Agree, though I did notice he did that standing still thing again when Plymouth scored, without even making an attempt. Get that out of his repertoire, and it starts like looking he attains his transfer fee

I know many will disagree and Lukaku has been a massive waste of money — but to be a bit balanced we don’t play to any strength that he has !! The number of times he has his arm up calling for an early ball, but by the time we get it anywhere near him, he has 4 defenders all round him. We either have to be more direct and get him the ball early or no point playing him

TBf with Palmeiras fans, their arch rivals faced a MUCH lesser team when Corinthians beat us back then...w/ Mikel and friends lol. Corinthians manager was Tite, who now manages Brazil. Palmeiras' manager is considered the (or at least one of the very) best in South America right now.

Maybe some players coming back will make the team a bit more robust... too many passengers atm.

Edited by robsblubot

I don't fancy we would have liked to annoy the emirs after all the hospitality:
Pilafs, kebap, shish taouk ...

But are Palmeiras any good ? They are supposed to be the best Brazilian team.

Back in the days when the intercontinental championship was alive, the likes of Real Madrid of Di Stefano and Pushkas and Eusebio's Benfica had no chance against the South Americans.
The South Americans were winning 5-1, 3-0, 6-2 ...

The competition died in the early 70s when Man. United players were clobbered over there and also AC Milan (il notte del fuoco).
Ajax refused to play and in 1971 Panathinaikos took their place to play against National Montevideo. The results were 2-1 to National and 1-1 so National won the trophy but they also managed to break the leg of one of the Greek players (Tomaras). 
After that the competion died but now that we are all nice peoples -even Luis Suarez- the emirs brought it back to life.

With which European team would you equate Palmeiras ? In my opinion Porto or Sporting Lisbon.

4 hours ago, Seymop said:

I know many will disagree and Lukaku has been a massive waste of money — but to be a bit balanced we don’t play to any strength that he has !! The number of times he has his arm up calling for an early ball, but by the time we get it anywhere near him, he has 4 defenders all round him. We either have to be more direct and get him the ball early or no point playing him

Lukaku was the worst man on the pitch.
Slow as a barge, undeservedly scored the tap in.