Aston Villa 1-3 Chelsea

Jase

Stevie G 4 wins in 6 games for Villa. Only lost in very close games against City and Liverpool. It will be tough. If we play like any of latest games, cannot see 3 points.

Lukaku, Werner, CHO and Havertz should all be back for this one. Now we also have all MFs back. It is time to step up.

Mendy

Chalobah  Silva  Rudiger

James    Kante    Jorginho    Saul

Mount and Pulisic will start I think in attack because they are fit but one of the returning players from Covid has to be thrown in attack as well.

Btw dont know what is going on with Havertz. He was positive, negative and out after that?!

4 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Upcoming match against Liverpool

That’s a big one. The drop in quality from Robertson to tsimikas is not quite as huge as the one from chilly to Alonso but still rather significant 

tbh I was hoping for this since the moment he got sent off. At least once this postponement craze goes in our favour 

Edited by Magic Lamps

They’ve been very solid under Slippy G. And they have quite a few players that can be annoyingly good on any given day just like West Ham a couple of weeks ago. So I think we can expect and extremely tough one here.

Be very interesting to see who Tuchel goes with in midfield since everyone is fit now. Hell, even Saul has looked good these last 2 appearances.

1 minute ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

If Lukaku is on the bench, he should be starting. Pulisic is not a striker.

COVID asterisk but sure seems like Tuchel has cooled down completely on Rom

Edited by Strike

Feels like it’s been 6 months since we’ve seen Lukaku start a game for us. 

I like the idea of pure pace up front with Pulisic and CHO, but neither are exactly in good form right now. No clue what to expect from us today.