Chelsea 0-1 Manchester City

ZAPHOD2319

Agreed on Timo: he's very effective against their style of play.

I don't think we need pace in all areas and slowing down the game worked very well in the CL final for example. It's very important to keep the ball, so that they don't have it at all times, therefore don't think Tuchel will be making drastic changes.

City has immense quality, and so do we. Games like these are decided in a detail, so it's presumptuous to give too much favoritism either way. We may be slightly in better form atm, but both sides are still making early season adjustments. 

Think this’ll be an extremely difficult game. City will be more up for this than any game this season I think. All the talk about Tuchel having Pep’s number, City can’t beat this Chelsea, people installing us as title favorites ahead of them etc.

They’re going to be desperate to prove a point and stick one on us to remind everyone that they’re still the team to beat.

I’m confident in us but won’t be surprised if we slip up. But if we do beat them for a 4th straight time I genuinely will start to believe that we’re the prohibitive title favorite.

13 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

So slow, no pace. City will have a field day with their high line

We need a fast player to unlock them. I hate playing with all three Jorginho, Alonso and Azpi.... so little speed to break their lines. Timo has to play whether we like it or not.

Personally I would start Timo also ahead of out of form Mount and Havertz.

15 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

A draw is fine against our rivals. Beating the smaller teams is where will win the league.

Considering how many players City have out, we should be winning. Think Tuchel will set up not to lose, but I'd love to see a front three of Werner, Lukaku, Havertz with Kante and Jorginho in midfield. 

Think we will play a 352 with Kova/Kante/Jorginho with either Werner/Havertz up top with Lukaku. 

30 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Considering how many players City have out, we should be winning. Think Tuchel will set up not to lose, but I'd love to see a front three of Werner, Lukaku, Havertz with Kante and Jorginho in midfield. 

Think we will play a 352 with Kova/Kante/Jorginho with either Werner/Havertz up top with Lukaku. 

Yup, but that's always dangerous - sometimes their B team can have a Worldie performance.

I think TT will play not to lose - but our confidence is high and I think on balance we will win, but I'm just saying a draw is a decent (not great) result.

We just have to be 100% professional and ruthless against them. I'm sure TT will ensure that happens. Our next games after them could see us open a nice gap before the stupid wanky Intl break again.