• Ziyech
    • Havertz
    • Werner
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Chilwell (sub)

31 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

if giroud starts, werner has too, otherwise we have the issue of the opposition pushing too high again. Never wanna see ziyech+mount+giroud again for that reason.

I could imagine same lineup as first leg but Chilwell for Alonso.

Chilwell was awful against Leeds. His performances have shown me that Alonso is the much superior wingback in this system.

I agree that we need pace next to Giroud. Maybe we play CHO next to Giroud with Havertz behind them two. CHO is brilliant on the left side and I trust him to be more productive than Werner currently.

On 13/03/2021 at 22:57, Jason said:

Want to know a crazy stat?

Simeone's Atletico have played Getafe 19 times and they have kept 19 clean sheets!

the last time Getafe scored against AM

November 6th, 2011

1d888cac8e3cd4f9baf68bb6462e8d9d.png

From 2008 thru 2011, they had a decent multi-year year run vs Atleti

3 wins, 3 draws 2 losses

c222485f7a359f1d91d88a97cc8846d8.png

before that they were shit

only 1 win and two draws from 2001 to 2008, 6 losses

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

Simeone with the mind games...

I'm optimistic for this one. I can not see us conceding against them, especially when we are in the lead. They're going to have to play attacking football, which is something that Simeone's team is not used to. 

That Giroud goal was truly a blessing.

26 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Our pressing is not as good without Mount. I'm not saying it becomes bad, but Mount is an animal out there. 

Thought it looked pretty good against Everton. If anything, without Mount we lose a lot of control in midfield given Jorginho and Kante's limitations. 

That's why if Mount isn't in the team, Kovacic should be. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

I don't expect Simeone to play very attacking. He will still go into the game very carefully. If result is 0:0 with 10 minutes to go they will but before that it will be like first game. 

8 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Thought it looked pretty good against Everton. If anything, without Mount we lose a lot of control in midfield given Jorginho and Kante's limitations. 

That's why if Mount isn't in the team, Kovacic should be. 

What do you mean by control? And should we count Mount as midfielder under Tuchel?

Not counting that game against Barnsley because we played with full second team he did not start against Wolves (79% possession, most we had under Tuchel) and against Everton (probably our best game under Tuchel). Those two teams had like 1 shot on our goal.  And if you look back under Frank this season he did not start 5 games: Sevilla, Krasnodar, Palace three 4:0 wins, UTD 0:0 at Old Trafford which is not a game you expect to dominate anyway and friendly dead game against Krasnodar at home (again second team and unmotivated squad). So overall I am not sure this: we lose a lot of control without Mount is based on?

Would like to see this.

Werner

Havertz/Puli - Cho

Alonso - Kova - Kante - James

Rudiger - AC - Azpi 

Mendy

I believe Atletico knows they'll have to press more after being dominated possession wise last game. 

It's just a one goal advantage but with our current defensive form they might feel time is of essence and go for it earlier than expected. 

Kante needs to have a solid game distributing and holding possession. He's been quite sloppy and poor on the ball.  

Think this lineup is solid defensively and has the ability to counter with speed and skill. The reason I would consider Puli in the Mount role is he's so good at drawing fouls against aggressive defending, I expect a muck fest because Atletico will play desperate. Don't think any of our attackers have the engine Mason has so he will be missed on both sides of the ball. 

Giroud obviously scored a beauty against AM last time but we'll want quicker players to defend and counter.

Big game and excited to see how we perform. 

On 16/03/2021 at 11:31, Azul said:

Chilwell was awful against Leeds. His performances have shown me that Alonso is the much superior wingback in this system.

I agree that we need pace next to Giroud. Maybe we play CHO next to Giroud with Havertz behind them two. CHO is brilliant on the left side and I trust him to be more productive than Werner currently.

If Chilwell turned up high, drunk and with an amputed leg he would still be a better player than Alonso. Never wanna see the turtle in our lineup again.