• Ziyech
    • Havertz
    • Werner
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Chilwell (sub)

11 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

What do you mean by control? And should we count Mount as midfielder under Tuchel?

Not counting that game against Barnsley because we played with full second team he did not start against Wolves (79% possession, most we had under Tuchel) and against Everton (probably our best game under Tuchel). Those two teams had like 1 shot on our goal.  And if you look back under Frank this season he did not start 5 games: Sevilla, Krasnodar, Palace three 4:0 wins, UTD 0:0 at Old Trafford which is not a game you expect to dominate anyway and friendly dead game against Krasnodar at home (again second team and unmotivated squad). So overall I am not sure this: we lose a lot of control without Mount is based on?

Yes and who was playing in both Wolves and Everton? Kovacic. 

Only Mount can play through the channels for quick transition just as good as Kovacic. One or the either need to play. 

Well, Atleti cannot possibly be worse than they were in the first leg. And they probably got roasted in Spanish media for their tactics so they’ll be desperate to make good tonight. I really expect a totally different beast here.

Very curious if TT sticks with Giroud again or tries to catch them off guard with a funky XI.

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

If Chilwell turned up high, drunk and with an amputed leg he would still be a better player than Alonso. Never wanna see the turtle in our lineup again.

Under Tuchel, Alonso has been better. We can not deny it. As much as I dislike his behaviour and attitude, he's earned the right to start over Chilly.

I still want Alonso sold in the summer, make no mistake about it.

I agree, it is a possibility. Good thing is that in CL you can make 5 changes and you get 6th in overtime so if 120th minute is close we can make GK change. And you can have 2 GKs on the bench. Both Kepa and Willy are good in pens. No hard feelings Mendy.

But he is big and with strong hands, if he guess the side he should save some pens. How hard it is? It is basically 50%-50%, so how come he never guess the side right?

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Confirmed Starting XI:

Mendy

Azpi
Zouma
Rudiger

James
Kovacic
Kante
Alonso

Werner
Havertz
Ziyech

Bench - Kepa, Caballero, Pulisic, Giroud, CHO, Chilwell, Gilmour, Emerson, Anjorin

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Confirmed Starting XI:

Mendy

Azpi
Zouma
Rudiger

James
Kovacic
Kante
Alonso

Werner
Havertz
Ziyech

Bench - Kepa, Caballero, Pulisic, Giroud, CHO, Chilwell, Gilmour, Emerson, Anjorin

Why no Giroud? I would have dropped Ziyech.