• Ziyech
    • Havertz
    • Werner
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Chilwell (sub)

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

It was also the same time when we really started playing the better sides. 

In December/January sure but pre collapse we played Spurs and Sevilla both twice and United once (with Mendy) and didn't concede once.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Also who said Pulisic’s pass was a bad one for the goal?

Yeah, wtf, put some other player in his position and we would not score. 

Porto, Real, Dortmund great draw. 

PSG, Bayern, City worst. 

Liverpool somewhere in between. 

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

The whole story could have been different if VAR wasn't sleeping. We were SO lucky with Azpi, because it would have been a different game and he would have been sent off AND give away a pen for a STUPID thing.

You cannot do that EVER. 

It wasn't a pen, he barely touched him and he fell like someone shot him with a rifle.

It was very stupid from Azpi though.

Edited by Azul

Just now, Tomo said:

In December/January sure but pre collapse we played Spurs and Sevilla both twice and United once (with Mendy) and didn't concede once.

Those games felt like Lampard just went ultra defensive, especially against Sevilla and Man United, and just hope someone will make something happen. A plaster used to cover a wound. The setup was not balanced and it never felt like Lampard had any plan with it whatsoever.

13 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Will take Porto or Dortmund. 100%. Weakest teams left. Likely get Bayern or Real Madrid. Although Real hardly the power they were.

Also someone said Pulisic’s pass was a bad one for the goal? Looked fine to me, more so Emersons finish 😄

To be honest, knowing our luck we will get Bayern. However, it is pretty insane we have only ever played Real three times and those were ECWC Final 71, ECWC Final Reply 71, Super Cup 98. 

Odds of that has got to be insane. 

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

It was a pen. If the shoe was on the other foot, you wouldn't had said that.

For sure, I am amazed it wasn't given and Dave wasn't sent off. If we were playing Real, Barca, Bayern or Juve it would definitely have happened. 

21 minutes ago, Azul said:

It wasn't a pen, he barely touched him and he fell like someone shot him with a rifle.

It was very stupid from Azpi though.

It also was outside the box and slow ass Carrasco never would’ve  gotten there before Mendy in his dreams

Edited by Magic Lamps

Just now, Tomo said:

It's almost as if rotating him adequately and sparing his energy for suitable games was the way forward.

Tuchel is also playing him in his best role/position - one of two midfielders in a double six - and that helps too.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Tuchel is also playing him in his best role/position - one of two midfielders in a double six - and that helps too.

Even in that position i think he'd frustrate in the games Tuchel left him out in. I hope he doesn't touch the pitch vs West Brom leaving him fresh and ready for the q/f.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Even in that position i think he'd frustrate in the games Tuchel left him out in. I hope he doesn't touch the pitch vs West Brom leaving him fresh and ready for the q/f.

Tuchel has used him wisely, TBF, based on the opposition we're playing.